Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dogs 17:41 - Jun 7 with 2697 viewsclive_baker

Must be loving all this. I think mine has spent about 2 hours on her own, maximum in the past 3 months. I'm a bit nervous how she's going to cope if / when I do start going back into the office and she's left on her own for 4 or 5 hours again.

Definite upside of lock down, hanging out more with the furry friends.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dogs on 17:44 - Jun 7 with 2683 viewsElephantintheRoom

Indeed - my two hounds have never had it so good.

On the other hand I have been going out off my way to avoid other people on walks - with the downside that the mutts haven't seen another dog since the pretend lock down began.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Dogs on 17:48 - Jun 7 with 2668 viewsSwansea_Blue

What? All the racism?

I'd love a dog, but wouldn't want to leave them in the house on their own for 5 days a week. We often leave by 8 (sometimes 6) and often won't be back until 8 or 9 beacue of the kids swimming. Just wouldn't be fair. Another good reason for early retirment I reckon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dogs on 17:54 - Jun 7 with 2654 viewsRyorry

Not all.

I'm retired & home most of the time anyway, and my poor mutt is hugely missing meeting his mates, having playtime, and being stroked/patted/generally adored by friends, neighbours and complete strangers! (He basically looks like a massive teddy bear & is extremely friendly, loves & invites interaction with people and dogs, so is puzzled & sad at not being allowed to do so now).
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 17:55]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dogs on 18:09 - Jun 7 with 2611 viewsBlueBadger

There's dogs round my way that I've literally NEVER seen out on walks before. Where were they getting walked before all this?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dogs on 18:24 - Jun 7 with 2579 viewsjeera

Dogs on 18:09 - Jun 7 by BlueBadger

There's dogs round my way that I've literally NEVER seen out on walks before. Where were they getting walked before all this?

A neighbour a few doors down has dogs that unfortunately no one I know has ever seen.

I've lived here for three years and although I hear them every day - they bark at everything -I have never laid eyes on them.

It's little wonder they make such a racket if they have never been walked.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dogs on 19:18 - Jun 7 with 2513 viewsclive_baker

Dogs on 17:54 - Jun 7 by Ryorry

Not all.

I'm retired & home most of the time anyway, and my poor mutt is hugely missing meeting his mates, having playtime, and being stroked/patted/generally adored by friends, neighbours and complete strangers! (He basically looks like a massive teddy bear & is extremely friendly, loves & invites interaction with people and dogs, so is puzzled & sad at not being allowed to do so now).
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 17:55]

That's sad. I'm lucky that mine is an unsociable little so and so and doesn't really care for the company of other dogs. Absolutely loves people though, so I imagine she misses being fussed over by people other than me and my wife.

Dogs on 22:09 - Jun 7 with 2434 viewsfactual_blue

Dogs on 18:24 - Jun 7 by jeera

A neighbour a few doors down has dogs that unfortunately no one I know has ever seen.

I've lived here for three years and although I hear them every day - they bark at everything -I have never laid eyes on them.

It's little wonder they make such a racket if they have never been walked.

What if there isn't a dog, but a tape recording?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dogs on 22:13 - Jun 7 with 2421 viewsjeera

Dogs on 22:09 - Jun 7 by factual_blue

What if there isn't a dog, but a tape recording?

I have suggested before there may be a recording strapped to a skateboard or something.

Someone walks past and it rolls towards the gate.

But no, I've been assured there's two yappy dogs there as noses have been spotted under the gate apparently.

I hate to think what their back garden looks like.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 22:50]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Dogs on 22:31 - Jun 7 with 2395 viewsfactual_blue

Dogs on 22:13 - Jun 7 by jeera

I have suggested before there may be a recording strapped to a skateboard or something.

Someone walks past and it rolls towards the gate.

But no, I've been assured there's two yappy dogs there as noses have been spotted under the gate apparently.

I hate to think what their back garden looks like.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 22:50]

They shouldn't allow that sort of thing in that sort of village. Although after what went on at The Old Grammar School 3-4 years ago....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dogs on 09:01 - Jun 8 with 2284 viewsTIB

My wife has been working from home for the last few months and the pooch has been loving it, however, today the wife left early to go back to one of hospitals and when I went to leave, I found the pooch hiding in our office. She was not happy we were both leaving her...ears pinned back, lying on her side, trying everything to convince me to stay home...unfortunately I can't though. Will have to make up for it with a big game of fetch later.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Dogs on 09:07 - Jun 8 with 2271 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, before lockdown we'd leave ours for probably 10 hours on days me & my missus both worked so am a bit concerned how we will get back to doing that when/if we return to normal.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dogs on 12:21 - Jun 8 with 2210 viewsRyorry

Dogs on 09:07 - Jun 8 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, before lockdown we'd leave ours for probably 10 hours on days me & my missus both worked so am a bit concerned how we will get back to doing that when/if we return to normal.

Find dogwalker (or neighbour?) to come in to take him/her out for walkies in middle of day? Most pro walkers are CRB checked & insured these days.

Not great for any dog to be left more than 4-5 hours on their tod tbh.

Dogs on 12:24 - Jun 8 with 2200 viewsfooters

I'll tell you who's not loving it... rats and foxes. The foxes have been tearing open bin bags for weeks up and down our street and you can hear rats scurrying about in search of food. The cat quite likes it though :)
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 12:24]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dogs on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 2174 viewsbracknell_blue

Mine is usually OK with just me at home (I am retired) and if I pop out for a few hours he is fine, well fine for a cockapoo. Now my wife has been furloughed and is now working from home he never leaves her side. When she went out on Saturday to meet her daughter (according to Government guidelines) in Kent, he was beside himself. When she finally goes back into the office I am preparing for a major breakdown.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Dogs on 13:03 - Jun 8 with 2136 viewsReuser_is_God

Dogs on 12:21 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Find dogwalker (or neighbour?) to come in to take him/her out for walkies in middle of day? Most pro walkers are CRB checked & insured these days.

Yeah we may well do that.

It's not but ours is used to it & gets walked 4/5 miles each day split across morning & night. I used to come home on lunch breaks so she wasn't alone for as long but she used to be really grumpy with me as I'd disrupted her sleep!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dogs on 13:12 - Jun 8 with 2124 viewsclive_baker

Dogs on 12:21 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

We lucked out with a dog walker. I WFH regularly before Covid anyway, and with my wife working nights and shifts at the hospital / been on mat leave it's rare that we are both out for long periods, but when we're going to be more than 5 hours we have a very helpful lady to call upon. She's retired, just does it for the exercise and some pocket money so more than happy with very sporadic work, which suits all parties. Probably only averaged her help <1 day per week over the last few years but very handy to have a couple of people like that to call upon. She has all her CRB etc and as you say most do.

Dogs on 12:21 - Jun 9 with 2038 viewsRyorry

Dogs on 13:03 - Jun 8 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah we may well do that.

It's not but ours is used to it & gets walked 4/5 miles each day split across morning & night. I used to come home on lunch breaks so she wasn't alone for as long but she used to be really grumpy with me as I'd disrupted her sleep!

Meant to reply before but so busy outside I forgot., sorry.

Haha! Yep, they're all different, and sounds like she's pretty happy with her deal :) 🐾

Dogs on 13:58 - Jun 9 with 1996 viewsBluespeed225

Dogs on 19:18 - Jun 7 by clive_baker

That's sad. I'm lucky that mine is an unsociable little so and so and doesn't really care for the company of other dogs. Absolutely loves people though, so I imagine she misses being fussed over by people other than me and my wife.

Mine too! Dislike most dogs, but people, can't get enough. Only off the lead if we're in a really open space. 10 year old female Jack Russell!
Dogs on 14:13 - Jun 9 with 1982 viewsdickie

Our little mutt has definitely been enjoying having our company all the time but has been missing other people I think!

Had to take her to the vets this morning as she has a little lump, turns out it's a mammary gland tumour and she's in for an op a week today. Fingers crossed it's benign but thank fook for Petplan, I've cursed the annual price increases as the dog has got older but appreciate only having to pay out the excess instead for the full £1100!
Dogs on 15:08 - Jun 9 with 1948 viewsRyorry

Dogs on 14:13 - Jun 9 by dickie

Our little mutt has definitely been enjoying having our company all the time but has been missing other people I think!

Had to take her to the vets this morning as she has a little lump, turns out it's a mammary gland tumour and she's in for an op a week today. Fingers crossed it's benign but thank fook for Petplan, I've cursed the annual price increases as the dog has got older but appreciate only having to pay out the excess instead for the full £1100!

Fingers & paws crossed for you both from us 🐾

Mine was in similar position in May 2018, found to have grapefruit sized abdominal lump following investigation for sudden collapse & major abdominal bleed. Vet said it was just a q of whether it was the more or less aggressive type of cancer, gave him max 2-6 months to live & said surgery not worth it. Student vet visiting from Denmark (iirc) said "hmm, might be worth having a look anyway" - they did, removed lump + left kidney which was so wrecked it was unrecognisable.

Pathologist report came back 10 days later - completely benign, no trace of cancer whatsoever in either lump or kidney!! Both pathologist & vet said they'd never seen anything like it in 30 years experience each. Mutt's been bouncing around like a 2 yr old ever since! albeit starting to show his age since having a virus a month ago, & now getting arthriticky in his back legs.

Thank heavens for Pet Plan indeed - big premiums & excess, but all the visits & surgery would have cost several £thousands without the insurance.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 15:11]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024