Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs 15:57 - Jun 9 with 2380 views26_Paz

No disrespect to these clubs and they thoroughly deserve it but if we can't get in the play offs in a year that those stellar names manage it we are in more trouble than we thought ...

The Paz Man

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 2360 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends whether the League votes to cutail the season now or carry on playing, doesn't it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 15:59 - Jun 9 with 2347 views26_Paz

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 15:58 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

Depends whether the League votes to cutail the season now or carry on playing, doesn't it?

Just voted to end the season now

The Paz Man

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:00 - Jun 9 with 2320 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:05 - Jun 9 with 2251 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 15:59 - Jun 9 by 26_Paz

Just voted to end the season now

Yep just seen that Phil posted a few minutes after I did. Carry on then.

11th isn't so bad. Better than 12th .

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:09 - Jun 9 with 2213 viewsSitfcB

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 15:58 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

Where have you been? It was never going to be played out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:12 - Jun 9 with 2178 viewsTractorWood

I know it's the town fan default but getting in the playoffs is not a success in its own right.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:22 - Jun 9 with 2096 viewsclive_baker

I think one thing this club needs to fix pronto is this arrogance and unsubstantiated belief that we've got a god given right to be playing at a higher level than we are. Not a dig at you, but it's embarrassing, we are where we are because we've under funded relative to our peer group in the Championship and we were largely sh1t last season. We have no right at all to be any higher than 11th. We took a hidings at Peterborough and Lincoln and Rotherham made us look distinctly average in the 2 games against them. It was evident from Christmas that both they and Coventry were the best teams in the league and it's no surprise they've gone up.

We weren't anywhere near good enough. On paper I still believe we should've been competitive, but Lambert's a disaster and we have next to no leadership on the pitch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:28 - Jun 9 with 2045 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:09 - Jun 9 by SitfcB

Where have you been? It was never going to be played out.

I know it was likely to be cancelled, but when I posted I hadn't seen the news confirming it. Besides, I've been watching the racists.

Login to get fewer ads

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:36 - Jun 9 with 1985 viewsKeaneish

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:00 - Jun 9 by Bloots

Do you often get called boring or tedious?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:43 - Jun 9 with 1958 viewsBlueBadger

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:36 - Jun 9 by Keaneish

It's true though, they have competent managers, we don't.
Blootsy Just Gets It.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:55 - Jun 9 with 1884 views26_Paz

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:22 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

I think one thing this club needs to fix pronto is this arrogance and unsubstantiated belief that we've got a god given right to be playing at a higher level than we are. Not a dig at you, but it's embarrassing, we are where we are because we've under funded relative to our peer group in the Championship and we were largely sh1t last season. We have no right at all to be any higher than 11th. We took a hidings at Peterborough and Lincoln and Rotherham made us look distinctly average in the 2 games against them. It was evident from Christmas that both they and Coventry were the best teams in the league and it's no surprise they've gone up.

We weren't anywhere near good enough. On paper I still believe we should've been competitive, but Lambert's a disaster and we have next to no leadership on the pitch.

Fair point, yes, we were nowhere near good enough. I guess I'm just musing about how far we have fallen that we are not as good as good those teams

The Paz Man

Nope, never..... on 16:56 - Jun 9 with 1880 viewsBloots

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:36 - Jun 9 by Keaneish

….I'll refrain from throwing an insult back.

Have fun.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 16:56 - Jun 9 with 1878 viewsFenboyBlue

That's harsh on Peterborough. I thought they were looking likely to be the strongest side in the league with 3 strikers on form. Although so much time has passed now I think I may have forgotten who the best/worst/underrated/overrated teams were.
The table never lies at the end of the season. Except this year it probably sort of does and we're lucky to be that high up tbh.
Right on brother. (n/t) on 16:57 - Jun 9 with 1878 viewsBloots

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:43 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Blootsy Just Gets It.

Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 19:45 - Jun 9 with 1664 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Don’t see how it’s fair teams who voted to end the season now get to play in the play offs? How do they justify that.

Cannot believe Wycombe get in. Peterborough rightly fuming.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 20:03 - Jun 9 with 1607 viewshaynes_toe1

They didn't have Shambert/Lamberk as manager. (n/t) on 16:43 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Blootsy Just Gets It.

And apparently we get to ruin another season by keeping him on too.
Wycombe, Fleetwood and Oxford in the Play Offs on 21:59 - Jun 9 with 1437 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you are going to compare with individual clubs you could pick Sunderland and Bolton.

Or you could also pick Wigan and Stoke.

Ultimately we are where we are and there is no way we should be. If anyone within the club is settling for mid table in League 1 they shouldn't be here. We need to get up out of this league next season having built a team able to be competitive in the Championship. At the moment there is no sign of that happening.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024