Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... 16:06 - Jun 9 with 3203 viewsSomethingBlue

What's happened today with the EFL season is very, very bad news — and even more so if we can't restart in September. I'd personally not have been as keen to wish this season away as most people here have, even though it has been a total sh6tshow from us. We are now closer than ever to games with Cambridge, Colchester and Orient becoming our staples. PL2 and regionalised lower leagues are a matter of time unless things snap back into place quickly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:07 - Jun 9 with 3165 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inevitable though. It was always likely that we'd be stopping.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:09 - Jun 9 with 3139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Indeed. But at least the integrity of the game is still intact (apart from with Wycombe who've jumped 2 places into the play offs without doing anything).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:11 - Jun 9 with 3100 viewsclive_baker

We weren't going up this season had we played out the season or not, so I'm not sure todays events have changed anything in that regard.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:12 - Jun 9 with 3088 viewsITFC_Forever

"We'll never play you again" crowed the trophy-dodgers last season.

They might have a point....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:12 - Jun 9 with 3083 viewsDarth_Koont

I understand the overall danger of the way football is going. But with the strong possibility of a full season ahead from August doesn't that mean we're out of a risky limbo where that type of decision re: PL2 and regionalised lower leagues could more easily have been taken?

Pronouns: He/Him

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:12 - Jun 9 with 3083 viewsTractorWood

I see no alternative. We were midtable and lost all momentum.

We have no right to moan.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 16:14]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:13 - Jun 9 with 3067 viewsSomethingBlue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:11 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

We weren't going up this season had we played out the season or not, so I'm not sure todays events have changed anything in that regard.

It's not about Town going up though (although, as it goes, our chances of ever doing so again might just have taken an almighty whack). Need to look beyond Town.

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:13 - Jun 9 with 3064 viewsclive_baker

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:12 - Jun 9 by ITFC_Forever

They'll be 1 league above us next season, which is closer than they have been this season.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 16:13]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:34 - Jun 9 with 2870 viewsgiant_stow

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:13 - Jun 9 by SomethingBlue

It's not about Town going up though (although, as it goes, our chances of ever doing so again might just have taken an almighty whack). Need to look beyond Town.

realise this has nothing to do with me, but out of interest, you've seemed pretty gloomy about your clubs prospects (if they don't go back up this season) for a while now. How come / whats the thinking there?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:36 - Jun 9 with 2848 viewskizaitfc

I thought everything was going swimmingly???!!!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 2808 viewsBluefish

What are your thoughts on PRP these days? Are we still lucky to have him because he just gets it?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:57 - Jun 9 with 2687 viewsKelvinGrovelBlue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:12 - Jun 9 by ITFC_Forever

What hurts is in my lifetime I've now seen them lift the championship trophy twice, league 1 and a playoff final win.

We can pretend they count for nothing, but they've been able to enjoy alot in football that I haven't

I am too young to remember us in 2001

please Ipswich, give me SOMETHING. At the very least I thought a drop down to league 1 would see us having something to celebrate at the end of it - I'll never learn
Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 17:24 - Jun 9 with 2636 viewsArnieM

I personally think we are now ,looking into the jaws of Football League collapsing in this Country. The Premier League and its awash with money obscenity has a LOT to answer for . This day has always been coming , its just been facilitated more quickly by CoVid. The final straw that has tipped the precarious balance that has existed outside of the PL for many years now.

Perhaps the powers that be will finally wake up and smell the coffee. And I don't include that shower O shyte the EFL

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 17:38 - Jun 9 with 2571 viewsSomethingBlue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

What are your thoughts on PRP these days? Are we still lucky to have him because he just gets it?

He's screwed it up but this isn't a Lambert thread, it's much more important than him.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:39 - Jun 9 with 2569 viewsSomethingBlue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:01 - Jun 9 with 2468 viewsBluefish

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 17:38 - Jun 9 by SomethingBlue

He's screwed it up but this isn't a Lambert thread, it's much more important than him.

Predictable. I'm guessing you won't want to participate in another thread regarding him either.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:05 - Jun 9 with 2448 viewsBrixtonBlue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:01 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

Predictable. I'm guessing you won't want to participate in another thread regarding him either.

Is Something Blue one of the people who should fcuk off?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:12 - Jun 9 with 2423 viewsSwansea_Blue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:57 - Jun 9 by KelvinGrovelBlue

What hurts is in my lifetime I've now seen them lift the championship trophy twice, league 1 and a playoff final win.

We can pretend they count for nothing, but they've been able to enjoy alot in football that I haven't

I am too young to remember us in 2001

please Ipswich, give me SOMETHING. At the very least I thought a drop down to league 1 would see us having something to celebrate at the end of it - I'll never learn

I don't know what's worse: never having seen us do anything, or having seen our successes and then the decline.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:25 - Jun 9 with 2366 viewsstonojnr

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 16:12 - Jun 9 by Darth_Koont

I understand the overall danger of the way football is going. But with the strong possibility of a full season ahead from August doesn't that mean we're out of a risky limbo where that type of decision re: PL2 and regionalised lower leagues could more easily have been taken?

if the cost to run football during these Covid restrictions is the reason for not being able to continue with L1 & L2, why will the costs have lessened enough by August (its only what 8 weeksish before the expected start normally) to commit to starting a new season.

as in fundamentally whats going to change to make football in L1/L2 profitable again in time for August ?
Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:44 - Jun 9 with 2320 viewspointofblue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:25 - Jun 9 by stonojnr

if the cost to run football during these Covid restrictions is the reason for not being able to continue with L1 & L2, why will the costs have lessened enough by August (its only what 8 weeksish before the expected start normally) to commit to starting a new season.

as in fundamentally whats going to change to make football in L1/L2 profitable again in time for August ?

With the top two divisions still to play out I doubt the season will start until September, though your point still stands.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:49 - Jun 9 with 2299 viewsBrixtonBlue

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:12 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

I don't know what's worse: never having seen us do anything, or having seen our successes and then the decline.

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:59 - Jun 9 with 2263 viewsJimmyJazz

If the leagues are to be restructured due to costs etc, then surely league 2 will go, becoming a non-league. So we end up with 3 professional divisions in England

To be able to play in the third tier you have to have enough financial backing that would have resulted in finishing league 1. Half the clubs either wanted to or could have finished the season (Coventry and Rotherham didn't because they were top 2 already)

So retain 3 leagues with probably a smaller number of teams in each league.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 19:00]

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 19:02 - Jun 9 with 2239 viewsRyorry

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 17:24 - Jun 9 by ArnieM

I personally think we are now ,looking into the jaws of Football League collapsing in this Country. The Premier League and its awash with money obscenity has a LOT to answer for . This day has always been coming , its just been facilitated more quickly by CoVid. The final straw that has tipped the precarious balance that has existed outside of the PL for many years now.

Perhaps the powers that be will finally wake up and smell the coffee. And I don't include that shower O shyte the EFL

Agree. There is such a thing as bad news :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 20:43 - Jun 9 with 2064 viewsitfcjoe

Take your annoyance with ITFC out of it ... on 18:25 - Jun 9 by stonojnr

The Championship doesn't finish until July 23rd so we are looking at mid-September before starting again - but your point still stands

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024