Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting comment from O’Neill 18:50 - Jun 9 with 4632 viewspointofblue

The target was making the Play Offs this year; I would have thought top two should have been the aim? Obviously both cases would seemingly be over-extending ourselves!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:52 - Jun 9 with 4120 viewsLibero

I’d take everything O’Neil say’s with a pinch of salt.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:59 - Jun 9 with 4051 viewsDennyx4

The target should have been promotion - not play offs.

No wonder the 5 year contract was rolled out, if we only wanted to get the play offs and were sitting top.

Poor leadership and no ambition.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:25 - Jun 9 with 3938 viewsTractorCam

6th February

O'Neill: Squad is Competitive Enough to Be Challenging for the Title 6th Feb 2020 16:03
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill believes the squad is good enough to get Town promoted even though January saw minimal incoming business. 21

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:27 - Jun 9 with 3923 viewspointofblue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:25 - Jun 9 by TractorCam

6th February

O'Neill: Squad is Competitive Enough to Be Challenging for the Title 6th Feb 2020 16:03
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill believes the squad is good enough to get Town promoted even though January saw minimal incoming business. 21

One excuse then, new excuse now he has to argue for something else.

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:32 - Jun 9 with 3891 viewsShawsey

So now we have missed out, Lambert should go, shouldn't he? Apparently not.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:34 - Jun 9 with 3881 viewspointofblue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:32 - Jun 9 by Shawsey

So now we have missed out, Lambert should go, shouldn't he? Apparently not.

Not just missed out but by quite a margin too.

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:59 - Jun 9 with 3781 viewshaynes_toe1

Massive lack of ambition. No wonder we are happy to keep Lambert on - if our expectation is to basically challenge for play offs in League One.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:06 - Jun 9 with 3736 viewsPinewoodblue

If only the season had ended on 28th January. We would have been promoted as Champions.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:08 - Jun 9 with 3732 viewspointofblue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:06 - Jun 9 by Pinewoodblue

If only the season had ended on 28th January. We would have been promoted as Champions.

Amazing how quickly we fell in just six weeks.

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:14 - Jun 9 with 3707 viewsTrequartista

The usual decline of standards. Won't be long before we're celebrating top half finishes in League One.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:15 - Jun 9 with 3703 viewsPinewoodblue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:08 - Jun 9 by pointofblue

Amazing how quickly we fell in just six weeks.

4pts from 8 games and bottom of the form table, yet we wanted to play another 8 games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:16 - Jun 9 with 3697 viewshaynes_toe1

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:14 - Jun 9 by Trequartista

The usual decline of standards. Won't be long before we're celebrating top half finishes in League One.

Well with Lambert in charge I'd probably take that next season.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:21 - Jun 9 with 3664 viewspointofblue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:15 - Jun 9 by Pinewoodblue

4pts from 8 games and bottom of the form table, yet we wanted to play another 8 games.

We might have bounced back. Highly unlikely though!

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:26 - Jun 9 with 3643 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:16 - Jun 9 by haynes_toe1

Well with Lambert in charge I'd probably take that next season.

With Lambert in charge, it'll always be 'next season'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:28 - Jun 9 with 3637 viewspatrickswell

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:59 - Jun 9 by Dennyx4

The target should have been promotion - not play offs.

No wonder the 5 year contract was rolled out, if we only wanted to get the play offs and were sitting top.

Poor leadership and no ambition.

The argument I’m about to make falls down if we assume that anyone at the club actually has a plan about what to do, but I suspect everyone there will be heaving a big sign of relief now. There’s now no expectations on ITFC. They’ve successfully smothered hope and damped down thoughts of quick success - with the potential upside that they can actually, maybe try to implement that Five Point Plan, just not in a way that demands any kind of way of measuring quick tangible success. Everything will be around “building” now, regardless of how painfully, incrementally slow it is. One man’s slow build is another’s ongoing mediocrity - they’re indistinguishable at this football club. The only problem is Lambert’s proven himself to be duallly useless both at building a team or at keeping results ticking over.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:28 - Jun 9 with 3635 viewsJDB23

More complete garbage from these people, total denial and delusion. People can talk about being super fans and supporting the club through thick and thin all they like but I'm done being a part of enabling them to run this club into the ground.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:59 - Jun 9 with 3557 viewsPhilTWTD

Think he meant 'at least the play-offs'. The aim was always automatic promotion.

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 21:10 - Jun 9 with 3509 viewspatrickswell

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:59 - Jun 9 by PhilTWTD

Think he meant 'at least the play-offs'. The aim was always automatic promotion.

Then Lambert needs to go. Although, I’m sure the brains trust running our club will likely decide, “Well he didn’t get a full season, so on those grounds...”
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 23:27 - Jun 9 with 3324 viewsblueconscience

Did you honestly expect to hear any ambition from one of Evans’ Lackeys?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:41 - Jun 10 with 3001 viewshaynes_toe1

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:59 - Jun 9 by PhilTWTD

Well, if he did that completely contradicts the decision to keep the failure on for another season.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:52 - Jun 10 with 2973 viewsShawsey

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 23:27 - Jun 9 by blueconscience

Did you honestly expect to hear any ambition from one of Evans’ Lackeys?

Perhaps he knows more about football than we gave him credit for. He could see that we would be lucky to make the play-offs, when many thought we were certs for promotion.
Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:17 - Jun 10 with 2946 viewsblueconscience

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:52 - Jun 10 by Shawsey

Perhaps he knows more about football than we gave him credit for. He could see that we would be lucky to make the play-offs, when many thought we were certs for promotion.

Which shows how pathetic Evans has made this club!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:27 - Jun 10 with 2921 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 18:52 - Jun 9 by Libero

I’d take everything O’Neil say’s with a pinch of salt.

Indeed. This is just PR bullsh!t, but sadly PR O'Neil doesn't have the same ring as PR Paul.

There is no way our ambition was the play offs. He's trying to save as much face as he possibly can for his manager and knows that "our ambition was to be top half" would be taking the piss.

He's trying to polish a turd basically.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:47 - Jun 10 with 2889 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:27 - Jun 10 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed. This is just PR bullsh!t, but sadly PR O'Neil doesn't have the same ring as PR Paul.

There is no way our ambition was the play offs. He's trying to save as much face as he possibly can for his manager and knows that "our ambition was to be top half" would be taking the piss.

He's trying to polish a turd basically.

I think top 6 probably was our target, with a 'stretch target' of top 2.

We were coming down as the worst Championship side in a decade, and up against likes of Rotherham who know the division inside out, & Pompey and Sunderland who had just picked up the best part of 90 points in the league.

Top 2 was a big ask, but we made such a good start - I think most fins would have bitten your hand off for top 6 before a ball was kicked as that was seen as par.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 20:03 - Jun 10 with 2855 viewsBrixtonBlue

Interesting comment from O’Neill on 19:47 - Jun 10 by itfcjoe

I think top 6 probably was our target, with a 'stretch target' of top 2.

We were coming down as the worst Championship side in a decade, and up against likes of Rotherham who know the division inside out, & Pompey and Sunderland who had just picked up the best part of 90 points in the league.

Top 2 was a big ask, but we made such a good start - I think most fins would have bitten your hand off for top 6 before a ball was kicked as that was seen as par.

Hmm. You make a good case but I'd still disagree. "Target" in this context means the height of your ambitions. I'd imagine the target, therefore, was top 2, knowing if they fell short then the play-offs were there. If you have play-offs as your target, then there's no other safety net if you miss that target.

Play-offs may have been more realistic, for the reasons you state, but the target, given the size of our club, finances compared to the rest etc, would surely have been automatic promotion?

Knowing our club and the personalities involved, I reckon the actual targets were;

Lambert: Champions. Anything else is failure. I played for big clubs in Germany and you're either first or dead (shouted, in a slightly drunk-sounding Scottish accent).

Evans: Get us up any way you can. I don't care. I'll bully, bribe... I'll do anything. Just get us up. Don't talk to me about rules, ethics or integrity. Erm, no YOU can't have anymore funds.

O'Neill: I'll be a bit vague to cover both your arses, then at the end of the season I'll make something up before swiftly saying something about moving on/we go again/something else from my Ladybird book of cliches.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024