Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan 20:31 - Jun 9 with 3842 viewsitfc_bucks

Who do the "Evans out" brigade propose buying the club?

Until they can address that question, their droning on is pointless.
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:35 - Jun 9 with 2783 viewsBluefish

It is not pointless, it is a very handy way of highlighting utter morons that have no concept of reality

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:36 - Jun 9 with 2783 viewsPlums

That is not our problem to solve. In exactly the same way as it wasn’t our problem to solve when Evans bought the Club.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:36 - Jun 9 with 2780 viewsShawsey

I've offered a tenner.
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:37 - Jun 9 with 2776 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why? Please expand.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just addressing this on 20:37 - Jun 9 with 2773 viewsJDB23

Why do people keep using this as a way to shutdown any criticism of Evans or talk of wanting him gone? If the club want me to scout out potential buyers then I will ping them my bank details, until then it's not the fans job to do their work for them, doesn't mean we can't have opinions or want change.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 20:40]
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 2774 viewspatrickswell

Ah yes, the old “We can’t demand change unless we have a full portfolio of potential owners with a breakdown of their wealth and business backgrounds”.

The only people I have greater contempt for than Evans are people who keep rushing to his defence in this stupid way.

All right, Bucks and Arnie and all the other Evans apologists, what advice would you give to him to improve his standing with fans? Because unless we see improvements, he needs to go. Preferably in place of someone who is going to bring some new investment, direction and care to this club.
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:47 - Jun 9 with 2716 viewsLibero

I dream of a supporters consortium and fan ownership.
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:50 - Jun 9 with 2698 viewssparks

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:38 - Jun 9 by patrickswell

Ah yes, the old “We can’t demand change unless we have a full portfolio of potential owners with a breakdown of their wealth and business backgrounds”.

The only people I have greater contempt for than Evans are people who keep rushing to his defence in this stupid way.

All right, Bucks and Arnie and all the other Evans apologists, what advice would you give to him to improve his standing with fans? Because unless we see improvements, he needs to go. Preferably in place of someone who is going to bring some new investment, direction and care to this club.

Your argument is a fair one- where managers are concerned.

It should always be possible for a club to search for and find good new candidates for managers.

Where the issue is an owner, it is very different. Regardless of what you would like Evans to do, unless there is a buyer, we are stuck.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:51 - Jun 9 with 2695 viewsShawsey

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:47 - Jun 9 by Libero

We would probably have to be non-league before that happens.
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:54 - Jun 9 with 2688 viewsLibero

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:51 - Jun 9 by Shawsey

We would probably have to be non-league before that happens.

Why? - clubs at our level and above have done it before.
Just addressing this on 21:00 - Jun 9 with 2673 viewsFifeITFC

Just addressing this on 20:37 - Jun 9 by JDB23

Why do people keep using this as a way to shutdown any criticism of Evans or talk of wanting him gone? If the club want me to scout out potential buyers then I will ping them my bank details, until then it's not the fans job to do their work for them, doesn't mean we can't have opinions or want change.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 20:40]

The thing is, it isn't the club wanting Evans gone, is it? So why would they need or want to look around? It's some of the supporters wanting the change without any viable alternative.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:04 - Jun 9 with 2666 viewsJDB23

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:50 - Jun 9 by sparks

It should always be possible for a club to search for and find good new candidates for managers.

Where the issue is an owner, it is very different. Regardless of what you would like Evans to do, unless there is a buyer, we are stuck.

Of course there is a difference, doesn't mean we have to kneel before our lord and saviour Marcus Evans.

Just as we as fans don't have a list of potential buyers, we also can't say there AREN'T buyers either. Who is to say there aren't offers on the table that Evans may be more inclined to take if it was obvious the fans wanted him out the door?

Sitting in silence and feeding him your money is one sure fire way to keep him in the club though.
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:13 - Jun 9 with 2634 viewsBlueBadger

Thing is, even on a limited budget Evans could be doing better. We dould be doing more than offering lip service to the academy, we could be strucuring the club to maximise the academy, we could be not offering 5 year deals to managers with a decades' worth of failure behind them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:18 - Jun 9 with 2619 viewssparks

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:04 - Jun 9 by JDB23

Of course there is a difference, doesn't mean we have to kneel before our lord and saviour Marcus Evans.

Just as we as fans don't have a list of potential buyers, we also can't say there AREN'T buyers either. Who is to say there aren't offers on the table that Evans may be more inclined to take if it was obvious the fans wanted him out the door?

Sitting in silence and feeding him your money is one sure fire way to keep him in the club though.

Feeding him your money?

As in- getting more than you put in because he funds the substantial shortfall??

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:24 - Jun 9 with 2599 viewsPlums

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:50 - Jun 9 by sparks

Finding a buyer is not the fans concern, it’s a commercial activity. He has presided over a decade of dismal failure resulting in our lowest league position for nearly 70 years. It’s time he asked his pals in the game to find a buyer.
His problem is he’s devalued the asset to such a degree that any price offered will probably be unpalatable to him. Once again, that is not our conundrum to solve.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:28 - Jun 9 with 2585 viewsJDB23

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:18 - Jun 9 by sparks

Feeding him your money?

As in- getting more than you put in because he funds the substantial shortfall??

Do you think he is more or less likely to stick around if he is having to put more money into the club because the fans have stopped?

I'm not debating what is right or wrong, everyone has their own opinion on that. Just that if people really do want Evans out there are things they can do to make that more of a possibility, whether it actually results in any change is unknown. All I'm saying is I don't agree with the notion that any action or opposition is completely futile because there are "no potential buyers".
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:31 - Jun 9 with 2579 viewsBloomBlue

Hopefully Mike Ashley, I would love to see him own the club
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:32 - Jun 9 with 2570 viewsLibero

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:31 - Jun 9 by BloomBlue

LOL! - what?!?
Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:44 - Jun 9 with 2546 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:47 - Jun 9 by Libero

I dream of Pippa Middleton, whipped cream and lederhosen, but I don't tell everyone about it

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 22:16 - Jun 9 with 2509 viewsBlueBadger

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 21:31 - Jun 9 by BloomBlue

Surely more fun to let a mob do it? by BlueBadger 9 Jun 2020 20:27
This was neither as edgy or as clever as you think.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 22:23 - Jun 9 with 2498 viewsMr_J

I don't think they would care. It feels like a lot of them would accept someone more faceless and morally bankrupt than Evans, provided they pump in obscene amounts of money.

(No I'm not saying all Evans outers are like this).
Just addressing this on 22:42 - Jun 9 with 2460 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:35 - Jun 9 by Bluefish

It is not pointless, it is a very handy way of highlighting utter morons that have no concept of reality

So you think it's the fans job to find Evans a buyer? And we're supposed to be the morons?

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 07:57 - Jun 10 with 2254 viewssolemio

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 20:38 - Jun 9 by patrickswell

Marcus Evans has said publicly over the last couple of years or so that he is open to offers for the club.
He has also said that no such offers have been forthcoming.

Nobody wishes to buy ITFC.
Just addressing this on 08:03 - Jun 10 with 2240 viewsPlums

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 07:57 - Jun 10 by solemio

Marcus Evans has said publicly over the last couple of years or so that he is open to offers for the club.
He has also said that no such offers have been forthcoming.

Nobody wishes to buy ITFC.

I’m open to offers for my house and car but I haven’t actually put them up for sale. It’s a valueless sound bite.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 8:04]

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 08:41 - Jun 10 with 2171 viewspointofblue

Just addressing this "Evans sells the club" plan on 22:23 - Jun 9 by Mr_J

I don't think they would care. It feels like a lot of them would accept someone more faceless and morally bankrupt than Evans, provided they pump in obscene amounts of money.

(No I'm not saying all Evans outers are like this).

See Newcastle fans and the proposed Saudi takeover.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024