Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have to back him, he’s here to stay 22:45 - Jun 9 with 6468 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

As anticipated, he will be leading us out next year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 22:54 - Jun 9 with 5299 viewsBlueBadger

No we don't, he's rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 23:17 - Jun 9 with 5237 viewsOldsmoker

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 22:54 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

No we don't, he's rubbish.

Yes he is rubbish but he's our rubbish.
A second-hand car with Naarich as a previous owner that we mistook for a german car. It won't start in the winter and struggles to get into second gear but we can't afford to scrap it.
It's the sort of car that needs an air freshener but you'd rather not spend anymore money on it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 23:20 - Jun 9 with 5223 viewsBlueBadger

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 23:17 - Jun 9 by Oldsmoker

A second-hand car with Naarich as a previous owner that we mistook for a german car. It won't start in the winter and struggles to get into second gear but we can't afford to scrap it.
It's the sort of car that needs an air freshener but you'd rather not spend anymore money on it.

Last car I had like that, I wrote off as scrap and bit the bullet on the short term cost, because I wouldn't have to keep patching it up every six weeks,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 23:28 - Jun 9 with 5202 viewsHerbivore

Backing the team is one thing, backing the charlatan masquerading as our manager is quite another.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 02:08 - Jun 10 with 5086 viewsEireannach_gorm

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 23:17 - Jun 9 by Oldsmoker

Burn it and claim the insurance.
We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:00 - Jun 10 with 4918 viewsJohnny_Boy

For what it’s worth, I believe he will walk before the start of the new season.....whenever that may begin.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 8:02]
We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:16 - Jun 10 with 4892 viewsHerbivore

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:00 - Jun 10 by Johnny_Boy

For what it’s worth, I believe he will walk before the start of the new season.....whenever that may begin.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 8:02]

What makes you think that? I can't see him getting another job in football after his spectacular failure here and generally poor recent record in management, so I'd be surprised to see him walk away from a decent contract.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:26 - Jun 10 with 4870 viewsJohnny_Boy

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:16 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

What makes you think that? I can't see him getting another job in football after his spectacular failure here and generally poor recent record in management, so I'd be surprised to see him walk away from a decent contract.

I’m sure he’ll be able to gauge the overall apathy from the majority of the fans. All the goodwill he earned has pretty much evaporated. Didn’t he state before, once he senses the fans don’t want him at the club - he’d leave.

Evans certainly won’t sack him.

I’ve got no pressing ideas of a replacement either.
*shrugs shoulders*
Login to get fewer ads

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:29 - Jun 10 with 4859 viewsHerbivore

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:26 - Jun 10 by Johnny_Boy

I’m sure he’ll be able to gauge the overall apathy from the majority of the fans. All the goodwill he earned has pretty much evaporated. Didn’t he state before, once he senses the fans don’t want him at the club - he’d leave.

Evans certainly won’t sack him.

I’ve got no pressing ideas of a replacement either.
*shrugs shoulders*

You give Lambert too much credit. He won't walk away from a contract without a decent pay off, no chance. Lambert's first concern is Lambert.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:34 - Jun 10 with 4838 viewsWeWereZombies

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:29 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

You give Lambert too much credit. He won't walk away from a contract without a decent pay off, no chance. Lambert's first concern is Lambert.

The more pertinent question is why he was given that contract at that particular moment in the season?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:36 - Jun 10 with 4831 viewsHerbivore

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:34 - Jun 10 by WeWereZombies

The more pertinent question is why he was given that contract at that particular moment in the season?

Our owner's lack of a spine I think. Lambert's comments post Gillingham seem to have been him basically saying either we get the contract finalised or you let me go. We should have let him go.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:43 - Jun 10 with 4803 viewsIpswichKnight

Again, no we don't we need to tell him at every opportunity he's a busted flush here, other teams have found him out and now we have found him out.
We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:43 - Jun 10 with 4804 viewsPJH

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:36 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

Our owner's lack of a spine I think. Lambert's comments post Gillingham seem to have been him basically saying either we get the contract finalised or you let me go. We should have let him go.

PL was not in a particularly strong position when he gave that weird interview anyway, certainly not as strong as it was a couple of months earlier.
We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:44 - Jun 10 with 4797 viewsHerbivore

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:43 - Jun 10 by PJH

PL was not in a particularly strong position when he gave that weird interview anyway, certainly not as strong as it was a couple of months earlier.

Which further highlights Evans' lack of a back bone. The call to make at the time was to wave him off, not get the deal done.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:47 - Jun 10 with 4784 viewsWeWereZombies

But, given our perception of his track record, would he have walked away from a job? There is a compact between Evans and Lambert, as there was with Keane and Jewell and McCarthy and Hurst, to run Ipswich Town more like a business and less like a club, in my opinion.

Lambert may have been able to sway Evans to reintroduce more community features but I think that was by appeal to maintaining the brand as having credence for Evans as a player in the sporting, training and hospitality business.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:49 - Jun 10 with 4767 viewshaynes_toe1

If we aren't allowed to watch football properly next season then I guess season tickets aren't a massive issue so the fans apathy becomes more irrelevant.

Instead Evan's has probably decided we cant financially afford to get rid and appoint someone else. It does make you wonder what will happen to any of our players that clubs might be interested in.

All a bit depressing really.
We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:57 - Jun 10 with 4741 viewsBrixtonBlue

Indeed. And he says he's learnt from his mistakes/would've done certain things differently. All we can do is hope that's right, then support the team.

If he starts fecking up, and especially if it's repeating the same mistakes, that's the time to turn ugly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No we don't, he's a hopeless football manager.... on 09:13 - Jun 10 with 4703 viewsBloots

….you don't just blindly support someone that is totally failing at their job.

We can support the team for the duration of matches (if we get the chance) but we can still make it clear that our manager is a clueless fraud.

You can bend over and take it up the sphincter if you want, but we don't all have to.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:15 - Jun 10 with 4702 viewsHerbivore

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 08:57 - Jun 10 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed. And he says he's learnt from his mistakes/would've done certain things differently. All we can do is hope that's right, then support the team.

If he starts fecking up, and especially if it's repeating the same mistakes, that's the time to turn ugly.

He says he's learnt from his mistakes and I'm the next breath he blames injuries and a bad couple of months. I don't see any evidence that he's likely to learn from his mistakes. He's been hear over 18 months and hasn't made us any better and hasn't improved in his role over that time.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:19 - Jun 10 with 4691 viewsBrixtonBlue

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:15 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

He says he's learnt from his mistakes and I'm the next breath he blames injuries and a bad couple of months. I don't see any evidence that he's likely to learn from his mistakes. He's been hear over 18 months and hasn't made us any better and hasn't improved in his role over that time.

He's hardly going to admit to things like tinkering with the team too much is he?

You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that he's here to stay for the foreseeable, or you're going to spend an unhealthy amount of time being angry.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It's genuinely worrying that he's already.... on 09:20 - Jun 10 with 4687 viewsBloots

….starting his PR work and people are already falling for it.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:23 - Jun 10 with 4671 viewsPinewoodblue

Shame then that he appears to be a slow learner.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:26 - Jun 10 with 4656 viewsgordon

Evans has always given the impression that he can't really be bothered with the hassle of changing managers, apart from right at the start when he sacked Magilton to bring in Keane. Since then, he's pretty much got it all completely wrong, not just the appointments (apart from McCarthy) but also hanging on to managers for much too long.
We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:31 - Jun 10 with 4637 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:23 - Jun 10 by Pinewoodblue

Shame then that he appears to be a slow learner.

Well indeed, he’s been a football manager for 15 years FFS

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We have to back him, he’s here to stay on 09:32 - Jun 10 with 4635 viewsWeWereZombies

Again, you are making the assumption that Evans wants a manager who wins lots of games, gets promotions and plays good football above all else. I am sceptical about that. I think Evans was getting comfortable with mediocre mid-table Championship performance as it still got him what he wanted for Marcus Evans/ The Hospitality Group (but do not ask me what that is, I think you would have to be a top table insider to know all the ins and outs). Now that we are in the Third Division Evans has realised that the cost base is lower and he feels even more comfortable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024