Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? 07:28 - Jun 10 with 3559 viewsdavblue

I don’t recall us having loads of injuries in Jan and Feb, certainly in March we had a few.

The constant changing of playing style has been the biggest failing since he’s been here we’ve tried to play out from the back, we’ve gone direct, we’ve played on the counter early this season. We’ve tried to maintain possession, and then the overlapping centre halves.

It’s no wonder players are confused and we have been a mess going forward in particular. He’s a lucky bloke to still have a job, I suspect costs have saved him but this season performances wise we were never at it even when we got to 12 points ahead, it was unconvincing, I suspect we are in this league for the long haul now.
Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 07:30 - Jun 10 with 2590 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, total bull.

Biggest illustration of how our squad was is that we met Roberts go out on loan with no replacement, because he wasn’t getting near our bench and he he ended up starting every game for Gillingham as they overtook us from miles behind

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 07:41 - Jun 10 with 2536 viewsVaughan8

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 07:30 - Jun 10 by itfcjoe

Yes, total bull.

Biggest illustration of how our squad was is that we met Roberts go out on loan with no replacement, because he wasn’t getting near our bench and he he ended up starting every game for Gillingham as they overtook us from miles behind

Roberts could have been a decent option from the bench and did score a few goals. Not sure why he wasnt used more.

At the end, didn't we only have Keane as our fit striker.......

We had a few injuries but not loads.
Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:06 - Jun 10 with 2445 viewspointofblue

I think, due to injury and suspension, we may have had a makeshift line up against Fleetwood? That’s the only one which springs to mind though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:13 - Jun 10 with 2423 viewsHerbivore

It's more excuses and total bullish!t. He's such a chancer. On the one hand he says we need to learn from our mistakes and then on the other hand he blames injuries hand a dip in form for his failures. I've got no time for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:15 - Jun 10 with 2408 viewsDubtractor

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:13 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

It's more excuses and total bullish!t. He's such a chancer. On the one hand he says we need to learn from our mistakes and then on the other hand he blames injuries hand a dip in form for his failures. I've got no time for him.

Yep.

Reading that article got me annoyed about football for the fist time in months.

We have been dreadful since the start of November, a lot of it self inflicted.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:21 - Jun 10 with 2383 viewsMeadowlark

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:15 - Jun 10 by Dubtractor

Yep.

We weren't good even before that! Some of those early season results when we were top had me scratching my head. We never played well enough to say "That was a great performance!" I think we got lucky and then we got found out.
Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:26 - Jun 10 with 2365 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:21 - Jun 10 by Meadowlark

We weren't good even before that! Some of those early season results when we were top had me scratching my head. We never played well enough to say "That was a great performance!" I think we got lucky and then we got found out.

It wasn't luck. We had a solid, consistent spine of the team and mostly a clear if basic 4-4-2 shape. We weren't playing scintillating stuff but we were able to stop the opposition scoring and we had enough quality to nick a goal or two. At times we'd click for as much as half an hour and blow sides away, which is what happened against Tranmere and Shrewsbury for example. It went tits up when we threw away any semblance of a consistent shape and spine and we never recovered from there.

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:27 - Jun 10 with 2361 viewsim_marcacus

We were getting favourable results while not playing very well thru the autumn, and we looked an Abso shambles with results to match from Jan onwards, but in terms of injuries exacerbating that: KVY was a big loss, as we had no other contemporary, attacking full backs to give us that extra dimension that he brought. Norwood was playing through a problem and was then way off his best once he came back from that operation. But then we shouldn’t be so reliant on two players that were missing or a lame duck, and if we had a set system & style of play at least the fit players on the pitch would know what they were trying to all do together and might string some passes together in a coherent manner, but there is not much accounting for our strikers inability to hit a bleedin’ barn door a la Wimbledon away, and goals means points dunnit buoy.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:05 - Jun 10 with 2257 viewsdavblue

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 07:30 - Jun 10 by itfcjoe

Yes, total bull.

What a shambles, the problem is with Lambert i can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, i hope he rams these words down my throat, but i think he's only just behind Hurst in the worst manager stakes we've had since Evans come in.

I don't see any plan, and it's almost as f he see's something and then thinks lets give this a go. At least a Norwich and Villa you knew what he was trying to do, changing players doesn't bother me too much as when he's kept the same team we've largely still been rubbish.

This is purely down to tactical decisions.
Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:14 - Jun 10 with 2232 viewsPinewoodblue

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:05 - Jun 10 by davblue

What a shambles, the problem is with Lambert i can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, i hope he rams these words down my throat, but i think he's only just behind Hurst in the worst manager stakes we've had since Evans come in.

I don't see any plan, and it's almost as f he see's something and then thinks lets give this a go. At least a Norwich and Villa you knew what he was trying to do, changing players doesn't bother me too much as when he's kept the same team we've largely still been rubbish.

This is purely down to tactical decisions.

All down to Lambert as far as I am concerned. A lot of His changes with regards to team selection and tactics Almost seemed as if he was playing football manager on a PC. Knew he had to do something to change it but didn’t have a clue as to what.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Obviously I agree with the vast majority of..... on 09:17 - Jun 10 with 2228 viewsBloots

….your post.

Apart from the last line.

We might not be in this league for that long if we keep him...…...

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:25 - Jun 10 with 2201 viewsBlueBadger

We've got a win ration of less than 27% under him. That's not a 'couple of months' it's his whole tenure. He's a long-term failure who's failing again. He should go. He should have gone months ago.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 9:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:30 - Jun 10 with 2177 viewsclive_baker

We've not been lucky with injuries, what with long term absentees Sears and Lankester, Norwood not being fit for long periods, KVY having a lengthy spell out which was particularly damaging as we had nobody capable of filling the void, but all clubs have injuries to contend with. Can't say I blame him for finding excuses to try and shift any blame elsewhere but most people will be able to see through it. The problem is this is the same crap he'll regurgitate to Evans and until he gets a phone call from Chambers nothing will change. We're in an unhealthy state of a) an crap manager, b) too much player power and c) and owner who, bless him, doesn't know what running a football club entails, nor has he invested in people that do.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

PS - Lambert out. on 09:37 - Jun 10 with 2148 viewsBlueBadger

Obviously I agree with the vast majority of..... on 09:17 - Jun 10 by Bloots

….your post.

Apart from the last line.

We might not be in this league for that long if we keep him...…...

Obvs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:39 - Jun 10 with 2120 viewsblueconscience

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:30 - Jun 10 by clive_baker

We've not been lucky with injuries, what with long term absentees Sears and Lankester, Norwood not being fit for long periods, KVY having a lengthy spell out which was particularly damaging as we had nobody capable of filling the void, but all clubs have injuries to contend with. Can't say I blame him for finding excuses to try and shift any blame elsewhere but most people will be able to see through it. The problem is this is the same crap he'll regurgitate to Evans and until he gets a phone call from Chambers nothing will change. We're in an unhealthy state of a) an crap manager, b) too much player power and c) and owner who, bless him, doesn't know what running a football club entails, nor has he invested in people that do.

But you have to ask the questions;

“Why do We constantly keep having so many long term injuries?”

“Is it due to the training?”

“Is it due to the only players Marcus Evans can afford are injury prone, hence they are free or cheap?”

“Why was the Injury prone whilst at Ipswich McGoldrick suddenly less injury prone and able to complete a whole season with no major injuries after leaving the club?”

...and so on.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 9:45]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:46 - Jun 10 with 2078 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:15 - Jun 10 by Dubtractor

Yep.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the 'blip in form' we had under Lambert wasn't the losing runs, it was the run at the start of this season. It's been unadulterated rubbish on the pitch pretty much all of his tenure. And yet Evans still backs him. I don't get it.

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:47 - Jun 10 with 2053 viewsfooters

Have you noticed that we pass it in pretty little triangles these days, though? Mainly backwards, but we do do it. Sometimes.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 9:47]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:48 - Jun 10 with 2062 viewsclive_baker

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:39 - Jun 10 by blueconscience

But you have to ask the questions;

“Why do We constantly keep having so many long term injuries?”

“Is it due to the training?”

“Is it due to the only players Marcus Evans can afford are injury prone, hence they are free or cheap?”

“Why was the Injury prone whilst at Ipswich McGoldrick suddenly less injury prone and able to complete a whole season with no major injuries after leaving the club?”

...and so on.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 9:45]

Fair, I think over the past 5 years or so my instinct is that we've had more than most clubs, but that's anecdotal and I can't claim to back that up with facts. I do agree though, is it a lack of investment in the right team of people to support our injured players, or equipment, or pitch, or the fact we've typically signed older players on free transfers (injuries to Adeyemi, Lankester, KVY wouldn't fall into that though), or that its a free ride and players take a view of 'why get myself back, I'm getting paid' (I don't believe that's the case). I'm not sure but I do hear what you're saying.

I would still argue our squad was better than 11th place in L1 when only considering the players Lambert did have fit though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Luck isn't the right word, agreed, but.... on 09:52 - Jun 10 with 2035 viewsBloots

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 08:26 - Jun 10 by Herbivore

It wasn't luck. We had a solid, consistent spine of the team and mostly a clear if basic 4-4-2 shape. We weren't playing scintillating stuff but we were able to stop the opposition scoring and we had enough quality to nick a goal or two. At times we'd click for as much as half an hour and blow sides away, which is what happened against Tranmere and Shrewsbury for example. It went tits up when we threw away any semblance of a consistent shape and spine and we never recovered from there.

….during that period at the start of the season, we were creating very few chances.

Our attacking "creativity" was minimal, we just put away pretty much every chance we had.

There were a lot of remarkable stats showing it.

I can remember commenting on our ridiculously low XG figures really early on in the season and saying that it wouldn't last.

It didn't.

I could see it and I'm a clueless knobhead.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Luck isn't the right word, agreed, but.... on 10:13 - Jun 10 with 1970 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Luck isn't the right word, agreed, but.... on 09:52 - Jun 10 by Bloots

….during that period at the start of the season, we were creating very few chances.

Our attacking "creativity" was minimal, we just put away pretty much every chance we had.

I can remember commenting on our ridiculously low XG figures really early on in the season and saying that it wouldn't last.

It didn't.

This thread on xG looks funnier with age, maybe next time people may take the time to understand what it is telling them rather than having a hissy fit

We should be 12th in the table based on XG by MaySixth 24 Oct 2019 11:03
this feels about right on the performances this season

XG an excellent indicator of performance levels

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Luck isn't the right word, agreed, but.... on 10:20 - Jun 10 with 1933 viewsChrisd

It didn't.

I think we rode our luck in a lot of games early on last season, but were able to nick the odd goal victories or sneak a draw. You have to look at who we played during that time too, which might have flattered to deceive our 'great' start, apart from Sunderland and Peterborugh not really any of the big hitters in L1. Look at our record against those sides that finished above us, we've only beaten Fleetwood and Gillingham and for a side that has promotion or even play off aspirations (O'Neil's words) that's an extremely poor return.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 10:24]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Luck isn't the right word, agreed, but.... on 10:23 - Jun 10 with 1926 viewsHerbivore

It didn't.

We weren't creating much but we were usually creating one or two very good chances a game and that was enough when we were barely conceding and rarely looked in trouble despite not playing well. In those first 11 games we had Holy, Chambers, Woolfy, Downes, and Skuse missing about 2 games between them. I think Norwood and Jackson also both started most games. That gave us a solid spine and Lambert's tinkering was mainly around the edges at that point and so not as damaging. Thereafter, Lambingo went into full swing and the solid spine that enabled us to nick wins was eroded.

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 10:26 - Jun 10 with 1903 viewstractorboy1978

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:30 - Jun 10 by clive_baker

It is not like we had a string of unforeseen injuries though.

Sears, Lankester, Bishop, Huws were all out at the start of the season - the first two were known long absentees and the latter two had barely kicked a ball in two years. And we signed a player in Keane that has perennially been injured and we knew would take time to get match fit.

KVY was a huge loss and Norwood (apparently) not being fully fit for the second half of the season was a blow too. But again, we knew about both of these injuries in January. With Norwood in particular, we had a month to get a replacement in. And Lambert was vocal about wanting to get someone in and we didn't.
Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 10:28 - Jun 10 with 1889 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 10:26 - Jun 10 by tractorboy1978

It is not like we had a string of unforeseen injuries though.

Sears, Lankester, Bishop, Huws were all out at the start of the season - the first two were known long absentees and the latter two had barely kicked a ball in two years. And we signed a player in Keane that has perennially been injured and we knew would take time to get match fit.

KVY was a huge loss and Norwood (apparently) not being fully fit for the second half of the season was a blow too. But again, we knew about both of these injuries in January. With Norwood in particular, we had a month to get a replacement in. And Lambert was vocal about wanting to get someone in and we didn't.

Give Lambert his due, we were only about £45k a week away from getting Connor Wickham in on loan.

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 10:30 - Jun 10 with 1879 viewsEwan_Oozami

Is it just me or is the injury statement from Lambert bull? on 09:47 - Jun 10 by footers

Have you noticed that we pass it in pretty little triangles these days, though? Mainly backwards, but we do do it. Sometimes.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 9:47]

Mr Pedantic here: at least 50% of fully completed triangle passes must have some forward vectoring otherwise we'd end up behind our own goal line...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024