Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The one positive out of all of this 14:30 - Jun 10 with 1522 viewshype313

Is the fact that the impending loss of Downes and Wolf might not be as foregone as it was.

Clubs will be thinking hard about spending money going forward and will stick with the current status quo, even Arsenal are planning on bringing through the youth.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 14:43 - Jun 10 with 1477 viewscatch74

Would be great to keep them, make Downes captain maybe as a sweetener. I think Dobra and El Miz must get more game time and here’s hoping Nydam at LB too.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 14:45]

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

That's a very positve way..... on 14:52 - Jun 10 with 1455 viewsBloots

….of looking at it.

Particularly when in reality it just means we'll flog them for even less than we would have.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The one positive out of all of this on 15:05 - Jun 10 with 1429 viewsBrixtonBlue

I was thinking this too. I don't see any Prem teams sniffing round any of our players, and Champ clubs are about to face a very uncertain future. They won't be splashing the cash on untried Ipswich kids, if they've any sense.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The one positive out of all of this on 15:28 - Jun 10 with 1379 viewsCoastalblue

Alternative view is that Evans' business has taken a massive hit with the outbreak, he's got very little money to play with and if we can't sell any assets we might be in the poo.

So he should sell? Who in the right mind would buy a football club now? There might not be any football as we know it outside of the PL within a couple of years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The one positive out of all of this on 15:37 - Jun 10 with 1360 viewsDarth_Koont

I think it will be an awful time to try and cash in on their value, given the turmoil in the game further up.

Better and more profitable in the long run I'm sure to give them better contracts and keep them here for another year.

Pronouns: He/Him

The one positive out of all of this on 15:44 - Jun 10 with 1331 viewshype313

The one positive out of all of this on 15:28 - Jun 10 by Coastalblue

Alternative view is that Evans' business has taken a massive hit with the outbreak, he's got very little money to play with and if we can't sell any assets we might be in the poo.

So he should sell? Who in the right mind would buy a football club now? There might not be any football as we know it outside of the PL within a couple of years.

Didn't say he should sell, and as you say who in their right mind would buy a football club in this climate

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 15:45 - Jun 10 with 1321 viewsStokieBlue

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 14:43 - Jun 10 by catch74

Would be great to keep them, make Downes captain maybe as a sweetener. I think Dobra and El Miz must get more game time and here’s hoping Nydam at LB too.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 14:45]

Dobra and Lankester wide as part of a top 3 looks nice.

Probably never happen.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 15:49 - Jun 10 with 1307 viewshype313

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 15:45 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

Probably never happen.

SB

I genuinely believe that if Lankaster can stay fit then we have a threat up top, throw Bishop into the mix and we finally have some firepower.

But injuries suggest otherwise unfortunately.

Login to get fewer ads

The one positive out of all of this on 16:39 - Jun 10 with 1223 viewsJohnny_Boy

Another positive to come from all of this....

Posh & Sunderland didn’t make the play-offs either.
The one positive out of all of this on 16:58 - Jun 10 with 1169 viewsKieran_Knows

That'll be Downes gone for £1.5m and Woolfenden for £2m then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 17:04 - Jun 10 with 1150 viewsKieran_Knows

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 15:45 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

Probably never happen.

SB

Holy
KVY Chambers Woolfenden New LB
Huws - Downes
Lankester - El Mizouni - Dobra
Norwood/Jackson

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 17:56 - Jun 10 with 1101 viewspointofblue

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 17:04 - Jun 10 by Kieran_Knows

Holy
KVY Chambers Woolfenden New LB
Huws - Downes
Lankester - El Mizouni - Dobra
Norwood/Jackson

Nydam at left back? Wasn’t he being trialled there before his injury?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 10 with 1027 viewsDarth_Koont

The one positive out of all of this (n/t) on 17:56 - Jun 10 by pointofblue

Nydam at left back? Wasn’t he being trialled there before his injury?

Would make sense. He's not got the left foot of Garbutt as far as we know but possibly a more energetic team player and better defender.

At the tail end of 2017-2018 he looked ahead of Downes, if not our best player at times. Hurst and then the injury took two years of development away from him.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024