Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good piece on the Star's website. 08:57 - Jun 11 with 4396 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mark-heath-ipswich-town-comment

The answers BTW are:
No
A (or it could be any of them)
D (or it could be any of them)
A
D

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:14 - Jun 11 with 3847 viewsBasuco

The problem we have is knowing how big a part injuries played in that "rotation" we didn't find out for sure that James Norwood was carrying an injury all season, many suggested that it looked like he was, but we badly missed him when he did not play. For me the biggest reason for our poor results was missing that target man when he was not around. I also pray and hope that Marcus Evans does not do an "Ellis Short" and stop funding the deficit that Town are running after mounting criticism.
Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:19 - Jun 11 with 3823 viewsITFC_Forever

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:14 - Jun 11 by Basuco

The problem we have is knowing how big a part injuries played in that "rotation" we didn't find out for sure that James Norwood was carrying an injury all season, many suggested that it looked like he was, but we badly missed him when he did not play. For me the biggest reason for our poor results was missing that target man when he was not around. I also pray and hope that Marcus Evans does not do an "Ellis Short" and stop funding the deficit that Town are running after mounting criticism.

There is a small perverse part of me that is morbidly fascinated as to exactly what else can go wrong and how much further we will fall..... ME withdrawing all funding will be a big part of that.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:23 - Jun 11 with 3802 viewsFixed_It

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:19 - Jun 11 by ITFC_Forever

There is a small perverse part of me that is morbidly fascinated as to exactly what else can go wrong and how much further we will fall..... ME withdrawing all funding will be a big part of that.

It's all my fault. I bought my first season ticket the season after we got relegated from the Prem. It was a show of solidarity. Since then we have been getting steadily worse, with just a few high-points to keep the interest going. The 250 mile round trips to PR are getting harder and harder. But there is always next season...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:28 - Jun 11 with 3786 viewsHerbivore

Norwood's injury problems only explain one part of the rotation. They don't explain the constant changes of personnel and system that characterised a massive chunk of our season. Lambert needs to carry the can on this, no amount of caveats explain how he managed to take this squad with this level of backing to 11th place in League 1. Of the last 9 sides to get relegated to League 2 from the Championship only Bolton have done worse than us and we all know the circumstances behind that. It's unacceptable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:36 - Jun 11 with 3756 viewsitfcjoe

It's not the rotation of players that is the issue, it's the constant changing of formations, styles and fundamentals of how we set up a team.

If players know what their role is they can come in and out of the team, but we were finding out the starting XI and formation playing after training on a Friday - nothing was being done on shape, or opposition analysis in that respect.

According to the EADT on a recent podcast, we'd been looking at how Man City rotate their players to try and get that to work here - talk about running before you can walk! We need a settle style of play, and a formation that is our default.

When Lambert started here he said he has always been a 4231/433 manager, well if that is the case stick to it.

This quote from him needs to be said back to him ( https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/09/paul-lambert-ipswich-town-norwi

One of them, the then Bayer Leverkusen manager, Roger Schmidt, asked him why he had frequently changed system as Villa slid down the table. “I was just trying to get a result,” Lambert told his friend. “You’ll confuse the players,” Schmidt told him. “I’d been confusing myself with the systems. Back three, four, five, two in the middle, three, couldn’t get the result,” Lambert says. “He was right. I decided I wasn’t going to waver from that advice.”

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:47 - Jun 11 with 3719 viewsBlueBadger

It's alright but I will say that I thought the whole '100 points, 100 goals' was mostly a sarcastic thing. Well, it was when I said it, anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:53 - Jun 11 with 3686 viewsHackneyblueboy

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:36 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It's not the rotation of players that is the issue, it's the constant changing of formations, styles and fundamentals of how we set up a team.

If players know what their role is they can come in and out of the team, but we were finding out the starting XI and formation playing after training on a Friday - nothing was being done on shape, or opposition analysis in that respect.

According to the EADT on a recent podcast, we'd been looking at how Man City rotate their players to try and get that to work here - talk about running before you can walk! We need a settle style of play, and a formation that is our default.

When Lambert started here he said he has always been a 4231/433 manager, well if that is the case stick to it.

This quote from him needs to be said back to him ( https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/09/paul-lambert-ipswich-town-norwi

One of them, the then Bayer Leverkusen manager, Roger Schmidt, asked him why he had frequently changed system as Villa slid down the table. “I was just trying to get a result,” Lambert told his friend. “You’ll confuse the players,” Schmidt told him. “I’d been confusing myself with the systems. Back three, four, five, two in the middle, three, couldn’t get the result,” Lambert says. “He was right. I decided I wasn’t going to waver from that advice.”

I totally agree with this. What's our identity? If you look at the sides who were promoted (whether we like it or not with Rotherham) they both have a clear way of playing and all their players buy into it. You could say the same for Oxford, Wycombe, Pompey and Fleetwood.

Lambert is not a techincal coach, he's a man manager. We need to agree on a formation and a way of playing and stick to it. 20 core players, no lucky dip selections. Involve Dobra, El Miz and Lankaster. That I think the majority of fans could buy into.
Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:59 - Jun 11 with 3652 viewsBlueBadger

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:53 - Jun 11 by Hackneyblueboy

I totally agree with this. What's our identity? If you look at the sides who were promoted (whether we like it or not with Rotherham) they both have a clear way of playing and all their players buy into it. You could say the same for Oxford, Wycombe, Pompey and Fleetwood.

Lambert is not a techincal coach, he's a man manager. We need to agree on a formation and a way of playing and stick to it. 20 core players, no lucky dip selections. Involve Dobra, El Miz and Lankaster. That I think the majority of fans could buy into.

Given how half-arsed and limp the players have looked since he came in, Lambert's not even a 'man manager' any more.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:01 - Jun 11 with 3635 viewsfooters

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:47 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

It's alright but I will say that I thought the whole '100 points, 100 goals' was mostly a sarcastic thing. Well, it was when I said it, anyway.

Yeah, thought much the same.

But these journos getting all het up when writing these pieces, are they the same ones who continually soft soap Lambert, O'Neil et al when they have the chance to ask them difficult questions?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:08 - Jun 11 with 3596 viewsBlueBadger

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:23 - Jun 11 by Fixed_It

It's all my fault. I bought my first season ticket the season after we got relegated from the Prem. It was a show of solidarity. Since then we have been getting steadily worse, with just a few high-points to keep the interest going. The 250 mile round trips to PR are getting harder and harder. But there is always next season...

If he stays the duration, Lambert will definitely get us out of League One next season.

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:19 - Jun 11 with 3562 viewshampstead_blue

Just more rhetoric but this time from a paper rather than senior players and management
at the club.

We are in an interesting situation. Me is clearly a very bright lad. You do not become that successful by dumb luck.
He has diversified into a very high risk sector with a poor team of advisers behind him.
He now needs to show some of that business brain of his and literally start all over.

Southampton, the Blades, and others have done it from this low base.

My views on the likes of Chambers are well known, but he is a very large problem and stopper of success. He should be the first to go. PL next and then ME can take his time and get the right team in place.

I've long been a fan of Nigel Clough both as a footballer and manager. A man of principles, I wonder where he got them?

ME can start again. We are in the perfect place to do so. Be brave please and jet wash the dead wood from our club.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:25 - Jun 11 with 3532 viewshadleighboyblue

Agree PL is not a technical coach , but if that is so we either need to get a manager in that is technically wise , or PL needs an assistant / coach that is strong on tactics and formations .

Last season the players looked as if they had no idea what the plan was , whatever team was picked .

The manager has to take responsibility for that . If he is purely a PR man , we are wasting our money on him .
Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:29 - Jun 11 with 3517 viewsBlueBadger

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:25 - Jun 11 by hadleighboyblue

Agree PL is not a technical coach , but if that is so we either need to get a manager in that is technically wise , or PL needs an assistant / coach that is strong on tactics and formations .

Last season the players looked as if they had no idea what the plan was , whatever team was picked .

The manager has to take responsibility for that . If he is purely a PR man , we are wasting our money on him .

As I've said to UB before, the problem isn't that he's 'technical', a largely meaningless term used by lazy football hipsters(you could probably define Sam Allardyce as 'technical' given his love of opta, etc)) or whatever, it's that he's SH1T. Which is the same problem most of Evan's managers have had. Hurst with his love of stats was 'technical'..

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:33 - Jun 11 with 3498 viewsdavblue

rumour has it he's not even a man manager anymore. If you haven't got that and you aren't a tactical genius or coach then you aren't going very far in this game.
Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:05 - Jun 11 with 3367 viewsIllinoisblue

Needless rotation does play into it too; especially the Norris/Holy fiasco.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:34 - Jun 11 with 3306 viewsSenatorBlue

I just spat my drink out reading the Man City section! 😂 That’s got to be an urban myth surely!
Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 3271 viewsfooters

Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:34 - Jun 11 by SenatorBlue

I just spat my drink out reading the Man City section! 😂 That’s got to be an urban myth surely!

Lambo's a bit of a magpie, going around picking up traits from other teams. Citeh's rotation policy, Sheff Utd's overlapping CBs and San Marino's form.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 3228 viewsLankHenners

Given he was seen watching Sheff Utd one week and then the next we were doing overlapping CBs it's not too much of a stretch to believe Lambert's tactics have included seeing what a better, much more successful team are doing and trying to copy it.

Nothing wrong with taking inspiration and working it into your own ideas but it does seem like Lambert didn't have any of his own in the first place and didn't really work on implementing those ideas properly.

Bit like in school trying to see what another kid's answers are to a test but you can't quite see their paper properly so you end up writing down what you think they're putting down and ultimately get a far worse mark.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:48 - Jun 11 with 3205 viewsBlueBadger

Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:46 - Jun 11 by LankHenners

Given he was seen watching Sheff Utd one week and then the next we were doing overlapping CBs it's not too much of a stretch to believe Lambert's tactics have included seeing what a better, much more successful team are doing and trying to copy it.

Nothing wrong with taking inspiration and working it into your own ideas but it does seem like Lambert didn't have any of his own in the first place and didn't really work on implementing those ideas properly.

Bit like in school trying to see what another kid's answers are to a test but you can't quite see their paper properly so you end up writing down what you think they're putting down and ultimately get a far worse mark.

And then, claiming at the end of the season doing the equivalent of saying the dog ate your homework?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 12:58 - Jun 11 with 3175 viewspatrickswell

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:19 - Jun 11 by hampstead_blue

Just more rhetoric but this time from a paper rather than senior players and management
at the club.

We are in an interesting situation. Me is clearly a very bright lad. You do not become that successful by dumb luck.
He has diversified into a very high risk sector with a poor team of advisers behind him.
He now needs to show some of that business brain of his and literally start all over.

Southampton, the Blades, and others have done it from this low base.

My views on the likes of Chambers are well known, but he is a very large problem and stopper of success. He should be the first to go. PL next and then ME can take his time and get the right team in place.

I've long been a fan of Nigel Clough both as a footballer and manager. A man of principles, I wonder where he got them?

ME can start again. We are in the perfect place to do so. Be brave please and jet wash the dead wood from our club.

I don't get this attitude of "Chambers is an obstacle to progress". Chambers is one of the few people still here who is a link to a halfway competent ITFC side. Unfortunately, he's been drowned under a welter of poor new signings; one manager who cast him and everyone already here as a group to be snubbed and insulted and a present manager who doesn't know what he is doing.
Good piece on the Star's website. on 13:17 - Jun 11 with 3093 viewsChrisd

Good piece on the Star's website. on 09:59 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Given how half-arsed and limp the players have looked since he came in, Lambert's not even a 'man manager' any more.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:26]

That’s on the players too then.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Good piece on the Star's website. on 13:22 - Jun 11 with 3072 viewsBlueBadger

Good piece on the Star's website. on 10:01 - Jun 11 by footers

Yeah, thought much the same.

But these journos getting all het up when writing these pieces, are they the same ones who continually soft soap Lambert, O'Neil et al when they have the chance to ask them difficult questions?

I've just noticed that the story links to a 'Lamebo and players visit Ipswich Escape Room' video. I presume it starts with PRP promising a quick escape and them having to be let out by the cleaners the following morning.

Good piece on the Star's website. on 14:35 - Jun 11 with 2978 viewsBlueBadger

Good piece on the Star's website. on 13:17 - Jun 11 by Chrisd

That’s on the players too then.

Not a great look for someone being billed as a 'man manager' though.

Good piece on the Star's website. on 18:58 - Jun 11 with 2785 viewsrgp1

Despite all the formulas, selections line ups and changes, why is it that we seem to be the only team that seems to play with a complete lack of intensity whether it be home or away. Take the Bristol rovers game, they were 2 up before we even arrived at the ground let alone get on the pitch.

At the end of games like that no one dares challenge in the aftermath. But then again the local press or media wouldn't get their ' access' all areas if they upset the apple cart. After all when the media done that at forest a few years ago they all got hoofed out!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 19:00]
Good piece on the Star's website. on 19:11 - Jun 11 with 2757 viewsPhilTWTD

I assume it's a reference to this that he said in a press conference.

Lambert: Hard Work is What Will End Downturn 10th Jan 2020 13:30
Boss Paul Lambert says it will be hard work not systems that will get the Blues out of their current run of bad form and again defended his rotation policy. 9

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024