Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us 21:13 - Jun 11 with 1352 viewsgtsb1966

And was such an underrated player. I remember this night well as I was there. These were supposedly really good along with Widzew Lodz who we destroyed on our way to the final .
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 21:19]
For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 21:20 - Jun 11 with 1287 viewsFixed_It

I was there too. Loved Eric Gates - especially on those European nights. Thanks for posting.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 21:23 - Jun 11 with 1273 viewsCoastalblue

Opposition fans must have absolutely hated Gates.

I remember that game, but the Widzew one much better. I was a 14 year old and used to go with a close friend of my Dad's and his son, that night his future son in law came along expecting to see us get smashed, he was a Man Utd fan and and I believe Widzew had knocked them out in an earlier round.

Edit for speeeeling
5-0 wasn't it?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 21:24]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 21:25 - Jun 11 with 1264 viewsgtsb1966

For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 21:20 - Jun 11 by Fixed_It

I was there too. Loved Eric Gates - especially on those European nights. Thanks for posting.

These were favourites. I think we played the second leg in the afternoon and I was at Stoke high school with a radio.
For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 21:29 - Jun 11 with 1248 viewsgtsb1966

For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 21:23 - Jun 11 by Coastalblue

Opposition fans must have absolutely hated Gates.

I remember that game, but the Widzew one much better. I was a 14 year old and used to go with a close friend of my Dad's and his son, that night his future son in law came along expecting to see us get smashed, he was a Man Utd fan and and I believe Widzew had knocked them out in an earlier round.

Edit for speeeeling
5-0 wasn't it?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 21:24]

Second leg
For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 22:45 - Jun 11 with 1113 viewsbrazil1982

Looks like the away enclosure in the North was opened to home fans. Did we get many travelling supporters from the visiting European clubs?
For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 10:12 - Jun 12 with 904 viewsElephantintheRoom

Interesting that for such an important player that he struggled so much to get into the team.... granted he was destined perhaps to replace Clive Woods, himself a vital player, and who himself had been more or less ignored by Robson for years - but Gatesy had to run home twice and even enlisted his rather fearsome big brother Bill to talk some sense into Robson.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 10:32 - Jun 12 with 880 viewsLibero

For the younger fans...this is why Eric Gates was so important to us on 10:12 - Jun 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Interesting that for such an important player that he struggled so much to get into the team.... granted he was destined perhaps to replace Clive Woods, himself a vital player, and who himself had been more or less ignored by Robson for years - but Gatesy had to run home twice and even enlisted his rather fearsome big brother Bill to talk some sense into Robson.

Fearsome big brother Bill? I heard he was a bit (Micro) soft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024