Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... 09:25 - Jun 12 with 6627 viewssparks

On TS this morning- talking about peterborough and the supposed unfairness of the PPG ending. He said that they just had to get over it and get on with it.

Like he had to when "Barry Knight, the worst referee in history, stitched us up"

Over it and moved on then Fatsam?

Still bleating dishonestly about it 20 years on- despite the decisions in question being pretty much unquestionably correct.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:28 - Jun 12 with 4421 viewsHerbivore

They were lucky they only had two players sent off that night. If you send your team out to play like thugs then don't be surprised when you give away a lot of fouls and pick up a lot of cards.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:29 - Jun 12 with 4418 viewsfooters

He could do a job here.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:33 - Jun 12 with 4389 viewsBlueNomad

He is irrelevant to football and all the Bitter Bolton fans have bigger worries.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:34 - Jun 12 with 4377 viewsLibero

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:29 - Jun 12 by footers

He could do a job here.

Wash your f*cking mouth out.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:34 - Jun 12 with 4369 viewsSteve_M

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:29 - Jun 12 by footers

He could do a job here.

Nah, we've painted the ground a bit now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:35 - Jun 12 with 4359 viewsGeoffSentence

He could do a job here.

Clean the North Stand roof?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:35 - Jun 12 with 4355 viewsfooters

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:34 - Jun 12 by Libero

Wash your f*cking mouth out.

Sorry, maybe too early for jokes!

[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 9:36]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:36 - Jun 12 with 4336 viewsHerbivore

He could do a job here.

Polish off the out of date Portman Pies?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:36 - Jun 12 with 4344 viewsLibero

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:35 - Jun 12 by footers

Sorry, maybe too early for jokes!

[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 9:36]

Man alive, that delivery was so dry I feel like I've eaten a whole pack of cream crackers.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:42 - Jun 12 with 4309 viewsBasuco

I turn the radio off the moment he comes on, always talks rubbish and never says anything worth while or relevant. He is a managerial dinosaur and there are quite a few of those around who should not get another job as a manager, ever again.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:43 - Jun 12 with 4302 viewsclive_baker

Never quite understood his bitterness over that game, and towards the ref. Perhaps in the heat of the moment post match I get it, but in the cold light of day I would be keen to know which of the decisions he doesn't agree with. The reds were completely unarguable IMO, frankly Whitlow could've gone a lot earlier. The 1st pen he threw a leg out behind him and whether Jim made the most of it or not, its about as obvious a penalty as you'll see. The 3rd one was no less obvious, he grappled Johnson to the floor in a headlock. The only one of his decisions that's debatable was the 2nd pen, where he does get some of the ball but he definitely gets man as well. We missed it anyway. Not to mention the fact Bolton had gone out to play anti football and bully their way to promotion. It's odd that 20 years on Allardyce can't concede that we thoroughly deserved that. I wonder if something went on post match that made him so bitter. Very much doubt they stayed for a drink!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:01 - Jun 12 with 4197 viewssparks

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:43 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

Never quite understood his bitterness over that game, and towards the ref. Perhaps in the heat of the moment post match I get it, but in the cold light of day I would be keen to know which of the decisions he doesn't agree with. The reds were completely unarguable IMO, frankly Whitlow could've gone a lot earlier. The 1st pen he threw a leg out behind him and whether Jim made the most of it or not, its about as obvious a penalty as you'll see. The 3rd one was no less obvious, he grappled Johnson to the floor in a headlock. The only one of his decisions that's debatable was the 2nd pen, where he does get some of the ball but he definitely gets man as well. We missed it anyway. Not to mention the fact Bolton had gone out to play anti football and bully their way to promotion. It's odd that 20 years on Allardyce can't concede that we thoroughly deserved that. I wonder if something went on post match that made him so bitter. Very much doubt they stayed for a drink!

What i found wastounding was that he raised it in such vitriolic terms, in the context of explaining how he had to "get over it and move on" ! Priceless.

If I had the time this morning, I would submit it for clips of the week...
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 10:02]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:03 - Jun 12 with 4180 viewssolemio

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 09:43 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

I always say that Allerdyce lost Bolton that match by sending them out ridiculously over-hyped. They were actually good enough not to have needed that. I suppose it was a reaction to losing their lead in the first leg, but it was not good management.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:04 - Jun 12 with 4168 viewslinhdi

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:01 - Jun 12 by sparks

What i found wastounding was that he raised it in such vitriolic terms, in the context of explaining how he had to "get over it and move on" ! Priceless.

If I had the time this morning, I would submit it for clips of the week...
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 10:02]

The ongoing bitterness of everyone associated with Bolton is making the sweetness of the win, the greatest football match I have ever seen, still all the sweeter!
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:14 - Jun 12 with 4125 viewsBryanPlug

He could do a job here.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:17 - Jun 12 with 4112 viewsIpswichKnight

I will be forever grateful to the Telegraph for making him quit the England job and getting us Southgate instead. Can you imagine an England team with proper blokes in it.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:20 - Jun 12 with 4087 viewsBlueBadger

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:03 - Jun 12 by solemio

I always say that Allerdyce lost Bolton that match by sending them out ridiculously over-hyped. They were actually good enough not to have needed that. I suppose it was a reaction to losing their lead in the first leg, but it was not good management.

Weren't they missing Eidur Gudjonsson as well and decided without him they couldn't compete, so they were just going to kick and spoil?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:23 - Jun 12 with 4077 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:03 - Jun 12 by solemio

Yep they were the better side probably although missed Gudjohnsen (sp) in the second leg if I recall correctly. The standard of the two sides collectively was incredible when you look back and little wonder Burley tried to sign Jensen shortly afterwards but Bolton wouldn't do a deal with us (essentially because of that second leg).

Magilton probably could have been sent off at some point but overall it's nothing like the catastrophe he makes it out to be.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:28 - Jun 12 with 4035 viewsBlueBadger

He could do a job here.

With his forward thinking use of stats, video playback, etc, etc he's a genuinely 'technical' manager. I bet all the people decrying the lack of 'technical' football at PR would love to see him here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:42 - Jun 12 with 3980 viewsEastTownBlue

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:23 - Jun 12 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep they were the better side probably although missed Gudjohnsen (sp) in the second leg if I recall correctly. The standard of the two sides collectively was incredible when you look back and little wonder Burley tried to sign Jensen shortly afterwards but Bolton wouldn't do a deal with us (essentially because of that second leg).

Magilton probably could have been sent off at some point but overall it's nothing like the catastrophe he makes it out to be.

I thought that Jensen chose Charlton over us due to location ?
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:57 - Jun 12 with 3932 viewsEastTownBlue

I think that the expectations now are that the second penalty is more likely to be given now than twenty years ago. As you say, it was missed anyway.

With a bit more control they would have won that match.
Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:04 - Jun 12 with 3882 viewsSteve_M

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 10:42 - Jun 12 by EastTownBlue

I thought that Jensen chose Charlton over us due to location ?

Yes, his girlfriend decided she would rather live in London than Suffolk.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 3816 viewsBlueBadger

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:04 - Jun 12 by Steve_M

Yes, his girlfriend decided she would rather live in London than Suffolk.

I bet his forearms were feeble as well.

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:28 - Jun 12 with 3796 viewsbluelagos

He brought up Barry Knight / the play off game?

What a bellend.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Allardyce. What a bitter, hypocritical, pathetic little man he is... on 11:33 - Jun 12 with 3777 viewsitfc_bucks

He could do a job here.

Steward?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024