Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? 13:13 - Jun 12 with 1883 viewsBrixtonBlue

The mind just boggles, again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/rage-against-the-mac

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:30 - Jun 12 with 1816 viewsmanchego

Like someone else wrote, what kind of machine did you think they were raging against ?
Washing machine ?
Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:32 - Jun 12 with 1809 viewsbluelagos

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:30 - Jun 12 by manchego

Like someone else wrote, what kind of machine did you think they were raging against ?
Washing machine ?

That was my favourite comment. Love it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:33 - Jun 12 with 1805 viewsfooters

Ridiculous. Obviously a left-wing band. If you don't want to listen to something political, there are plenty of bands who don't 'do politics', like Skrewdriver for example.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:35 - Jun 12 with 1797 viewsSpruceMoose

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:33 - Jun 12 by footers

Ridiculous. Obviously a left-wing band. If you don't want to listen to something political, there are plenty of bands who don't 'do politics', like Skrewdriver for example.

Might I recommend something like Robbie Williams, Footers? According to some on here he has a smashing collection of toe tappers and finger wagglers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:40 - Jun 12 with 1770 viewsfooters

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:35 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Might I recommend something like Robbie Williams, Footers? According to some on here he has a smashing collection of toe tappers and finger wagglers.

I've never forgiven him for the Rock DJ video. Terrifying stuff.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:41 - Jun 12 with 1771 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, I thought it was about raging against problematic washing machines and annoying traffic lights.

I feel as if I've been lied to.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:46 - Jun 12 with 1756 viewsitfcjoe

Next they'll be telling me Billy Bragg is a leftie

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 14:04 - Jun 12 with 1705 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Two things:

1. People must be stupid not to raise RATM are political.

2. I can't believe the standards have dropped so low at the Independent that they make a 'story' out of a random Twitter feed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 14:22 - Jun 12 with 1685 viewsDarth_Koont

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 14:04 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Two things:

2. I can't believe the standards have dropped so low at the Independent that they make a 'story' out of a random Twitter feed.

Agree re: a random Twitter feed but this is more entertainment and entertaining.

And it beats making a story out of a think tank's musings, a trolling commentator's opinions, client journalism for the government. Sadly, that already makes up 80-90% of "serious" news.

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 14:38 - Jun 12 with 1659 viewsAllanHuntersTash

Crap band anyway, whatever their politics.
Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 14:49 - Jun 12 with 1641 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 14:04 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Two things:

Two things:

1. Agreed.
b. Agreed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 15:39 - Jun 12 with 1596 viewsFtnfwest

have they copied FaRage against the machine?
Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 15:40 - Jun 12 with 1593 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 15:39 - Jun 12 by Ftnfwest

have they copied FaRage against the machine?

They attract great crowds. Here's the mosh pit from one of their earlier gigs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 16:14 - Jun 12 with 1550 viewssyntaxerror

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:30 - Jun 12 by manchego

Washing machine ?

I like Tom Morello's comment:

Band member Tom Morello responded: “Scott!! What music of mine were you a fan of that DIDN’T contain “political BS”? I need to know so I can delete it from the catalog”.
Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 18:17 - Jun 12 with 1488 viewsthecheek

Taken from BBC2's late night "culture" show you'll be hard pressed to see a better live TV music performance -

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 18:34 - Jun 12 with 1467 viewssyntaxerror

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 18:17 - Jun 12 by thecheek

Taken from BBC2's late night "culture" show you'll be hard pressed to see a better live TV music performance -

That's a great one.
At the Drive-In's One Armed Scissor on Jools was also amazing if you can find it
Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 19:22 - Jun 12 with 1434 viewsDarth_Koont

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 18:17 - Jun 12 by thecheek

Great band and a great song.

I really think if their songs had been less about politics and more about the pressure of celebrity or generic teenage angst that they'd have been one of the biggest bands ever. It's to their credit that they've "kept it real".

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 19:27 - Jun 12 with 1416 viewsjeera

Rage Against The Machine are a political band?!?! WHAT?!?!? on 13:32 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

That was my favourite comment. Love it.

Wait til they find out Boy George is gay.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024