Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Government sued over care home deaths ‘disgrace’ 13:45 - Jun 12 with 713 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-53012565

Whilst I appreciate the Government need you be held account for this is sueing them the right approach considering the money could be spent on public services instead? I feel the same about the NHS being sued.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 13:45]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Government sued over care home deaths ‘disgrace’ on 13:51 - Jun 12 with 682 viewsOldsmoker

When you sue, the case must be answered.
It's probably just posturing but the government will have to come up with a reason for the case to be dismissed.
The answer will be interesting as I think this is one of those "Have you stopped beating your wife - Yes or No?" questions.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Government sued over care home deaths ‘disgrace’ on 15:01 - Jun 12 with 596 viewsFtnfwest

Government sued over care home deaths ‘disgrace’ on 13:51 - Jun 12 by Oldsmoker

When you sue, the case must be answered.
It's probably just posturing but the government will have to come up with a reason for the case to be dismissed.
The answer will be interesting as I think this is one of those "Have you stopped beating your wife - Yes or No?" questions.

Would they actually have to specifically sue the NHS or PHE as well rather than the Government?
Government sued over care home deaths ‘disgrace’ on 19:43 - Jun 12 with 519 viewsOldsmoker

Government sued over care home deaths ‘disgrace’ on 15:01 - Jun 12 by Ftnfwest

Would they actually have to specifically sue the NHS or PHE as well rather than the Government?

I'm not sure.
The article doesn't make it very clear.
Other articles use the cover-all 'Government'.
The Department for Health and Social Care is ultimately responsible for council run nursing homes.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024