Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of those days 15:21 - Jun 12 with 1634 viewshomer_123

where no matter what you do nothing goes right.

#balls

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One of those days on 15:22 - Jun 12 with 1629 viewsKeno

In my world that seems to be most days!!

Chin up mate its nearly end of work time

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

One of those days on 15:45 - Jun 12 with 1591 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of those days on 15:22 - Jun 12 by Keno

I certainly find it quicker to celebrate my successes!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One of those days on 16:04 - Jun 12 with 1565 viewsKeno

One of those days on 15:45 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

I certainly find it quicker to celebrate my successes!

"successes"

now you are just showing off!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

One of those days on 16:05 - Jun 12 with 1566 viewsRyorry

One of those days on 15:22 - Jun 12 by Keno

Likewise!

Most of the day every day just troubleshooting.

Last 3 days - BT engineers laying br'bd cable along our road dug through all the landlines & cut everyone off - twice. 4 hrs of my time spent helping sort it. (don't think there'll be many takers for their br'bd after that!). No mobile signal in house.

Northern PowerGrid jumped over fence fom next door & wandered about all over my garden, opening & handling 3 gates without giving any prior notification - if my dog hadn't barked & woken me up, I'd not even have known to spray the gate catches. They seem not to have heard of Covid_19 or self-isolating. Then different guy back today (at least he knocked on door). Problem with pole in other neighbour's field. I complained to customer care, they didn't even know who'd visited yesterday! subcontractor of another subcontractor ...5 hours spent on that.

Writing this while was on hold (40 mins) to shop which delivered today, half the items ordered were missing, despite having been paid for (not unusual). Finally got through, they couldn't hear me and hung up ...

Meanwhile, moles have taken to tunnelling under/in my raised beds, pushing all the plants up so roots lose contact with soil - I wondered why some were yellowing. Pushing the best part of 300 plugs back down in the pouring rain not my idea of a lovely way to spend every June afternoon!! (when in my dreams I could be feet up on the sofa with mug of tea & pack of choc chips - other people complain of boredom, I dream about it longingly ...).

Etc etc

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One of those days on 16:44 - Jun 12 with 1508 viewsShawsey

At work yesterday, I thought it was Friday. Didn't realise until about 11. Made today difficult.
One of those days on 16:45 - Jun 12 with 1499 viewsbluelagos

One of those days on 16:44 - Jun 12 by Shawsey

At work yesterday, I thought it was Friday. Didn't realise until about 11. Made today difficult.

That's a fcker whenever it happens - think it's Wednesday and then realise it's Tuesday.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

One of those days on 17:00 - Jun 12 with 1483 viewsShawsey

One of those days on 16:45 - Jun 12 by bluelagos

That's a fcker whenever it happens - think it's Wednesday and then realise it's Tuesday.

Made yesterday afternoon drag and today just felt like an extra day without pay. Never mind, the weekend now and the virtual pub to look forward to.
One of those days on 17:05 - Jun 12 with 1472 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of those days on 16:04 - Jun 12 by Keno

"successes"

now you are just showing off!!

Pressure washed the patio a few weeks back. That's the most productive I've been in about a year.

Login to get fewer ads

One of those days on 17:09 - Jun 12 with 1460 viewsjeera

One of those days on 17:05 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Pressure washed the patio a few weeks back. That's the most productive I've been in about a year.

I washed my car a couple of weeks ago.

I reckon I must have admired it at least a dozen times over the next few days.

It's now half covered in bird crap again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One of those days on 17:16 - Jun 12 with 1447 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of those days on 17:09 - Jun 12 by jeera

Nothing beats the feeling of washing the car and then peeking out of the window to make sure it's still clean

One of those days on 17:38 - Jun 12 with 1411 viewsFenoit

One of those days on 16:05 - Jun 12 by Ryorry

Likewise!

Last 3 days - BT engineers laying br'bd cable along our road dug through all the landlines & cut everyone off - twice. 4 hrs of my time spent helping sort it. (don't think there'll be many takers for their br'bd after that!). No mobile signal in house.

Northern PowerGrid jumped over fence fom next door & wandered about all over my garden, opening & handling 3 gates without giving any prior notification - if my dog hadn't barked & woken me up, I'd not even have known to spray the gate catches. They seem not to have heard of Covid_19 or self-isolating. Then different guy back today (at least he knocked on door). Problem with pole in other neighbour's field. I complained to customer care, they didn't even know who'd visited yesterday! subcontractor of another subcontractor ...5 hours spent on that.

Writing this while was on hold (40 mins) to shop which delivered today, half the items ordered were missing, despite having been paid for (not unusual). Finally got through, they couldn't hear me and hung up ...

Meanwhile, moles have taken to tunnelling under/in my raised beds, pushing all the plants up so roots lose contact with soil - I wondered why some were yellowing. Pushing the best part of 300 plugs back down in the pouring rain not my idea of a lovely way to spend every June afternoon!! (when in my dreams I could be feet up on the sofa with mug of tea & pack of choc chips - other people complain of boredom, I dream about it longingly ...).

Etc etc

"other people complain of boredom, I dream about it longingly "...

Everything you have occupied yourself with in the last three days screams "boredom".

Imagine being in the position that the biggest thing you have to worry about is a mole tunnelling in a raised bed. The fact you spent 5 hours on the phone to complain that someone opened the gate to your garden is hilarious.
One of those days on 17:40 - Jun 12 with 1403 viewsSwansea_Blue

One of those days on 16:05 - Jun 12 by Ryorry

Likewise!

Etc etc

Oh yeah, nobody can get anything right first time anymore. Incompetence these days is a given. Not for the moles though, they're just doing their thing!

One of those days on 17:55 - Jun 12 with 1385 viewsEdwardStone

One of those days on 17:09 - Jun 12 by jeera

I reckon you might have a word with her....tell her not to do that
One of those days on 18:16 - Jun 12 with 1361 viewsRyorry

One of those days on 17:38 - Jun 12 by Fenoit

"other people complain of boredom, I dream about it longingly "...

Everything you have occupied yourself with in the last three days screams "boredom".

Imagine being in the position that the biggest thing you have to worry about is a mole tunnelling in a raised bed. The fact you spent 5 hours on the phone to complain that someone opened the gate to your garden is hilarious.

Apart from having spent a few hundred hours growing all those veg in order to keep myself as healthy as poss because I'm self-isolating and shops are incapable of sending anything other than other peoples' rejects which are yellowing & fit only for the compost heap .... and that I have allergies & can't eat any fruit, so have to rely on veg for anything approaching 5 a day

And apart from people wandering about trespassing from property to property without letting anyone know (even NPGrid didn't know who they were) and without cleansing their hands, apparently unaware that there's a pandemic on with people who are self-isolating ...

And apart from living in an isolated area with phone being the only lifeline if I have a fall upstairs ...

And apart from the last time I had the time or luxury of being bored was post-op 20 years ago ...

And apart from yourself being someone apparently without the capacity to read or understand what someone else has written - well, you're spot on Fenoit
[Post edited 12 Jun 2020 18:19]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

One of those days on 21:54 - Jun 12 with 1279 viewsBlueBadger

One of those days on 17:16 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing beats the feeling of washing the car and then peeking out of the window to make sure it's still clean

Sure it does - having SOMEONE ELSE wash it and then peeking, etc, etc

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024