Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Class war alive and strong during Covid response... 23:41 - Jun 14 with 1451 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Recent conversations with our fellow working poor have confirmed suspicions. Mostly self employed working single mums , they have received a lump sum payment only to now find that their working tax credits have been slashed by about half going forward. Furthermore they have been conveniently put on universal credit due to the 'change in circumstances 'so the mad fool who was trying to save up for a house deposit will get absolutely nothing due to having more than 16 k in savings.
Meanwhile many very comfy types living in 3/4/500k assets, with savings have been kept sweet.
I can't see this being too prominent on Starmer's radar either so business as usual then.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 23:44]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 10:10 - Jun 15 with 1214 viewsOldsmoker

This is the sort of thing that lives in the memory for a long time for those who are directly affected by it. I've always thought that most of the swing voters put their X on the ballot paper for a single issue rather than the big picture. There's still time for the Tories to alienate many more sections of society before the next GE. None of us are safe.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 10:26 - Jun 15 with 1194 viewsSwansea_Blue

"The Tories giveth and the Tories taketh more away"

JobPoverty 1:21

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 10:59 - Jun 15 with 1160 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Living in a 3/4/500k 'asset' doesn't mean you are comfortable. That's only really the case if you dont have a mortgage. Yes some will be comfortable, but thats not the case for all, especially in these times of job insecurity.

Also in many cases, a £300k house may be a 'below average' house in that area.

I wouldnt judge people simply by what house they live in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 11:22 - Jun 15 with 1144 viewsWeWereZombies

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 10:59 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Living in a 3/4/500k 'asset' doesn't mean you are comfortable. That's only really the case if you dont have a mortgage. Yes some will be comfortable, but thats not the case for all, especially in these times of job insecurity.

Hate to have to be the one to break this to you but some people do not even have a house to live in.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 14:30 - Jun 15 with 1085 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 10:59 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think I was but....
....... they have had a mortgage holiday...the people I am referring to will be struggling to pay the rent now that they have been shoved on to universal credit and are supposedly meant to be grateful for the government support!
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 17:15]

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 14:45 - Jun 15 with 1045 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 11:22 - Jun 15 by WeWereZombies

Hate to have to be the one to break this to you but some people do not even have a house to live in.

Noooooooo...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 16:25 - Jun 15 with 991 viewsjeera

What did the lump sum represent?

I've no doubt this is wrong but would like to understand what's what.

I can vouch most of the system makes little sense so this is probably no different.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 16:30 - Jun 15 with 985 viewsDubtractor

If you live in a half million quid house you are comfortable, especially relative to a huge proportion of our population.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 17:16 - Jun 15 with 937 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 16:25 - Jun 15 by jeera

What did the lump sum represent?

I've no doubt this is wrong but would like to understand what's what.

I can vouch most of the system makes little sense so this is probably no different.

....a percentage of lost income from self employment.

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 19:38 - Jun 15 with 868 viewsOldsmoker

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 16:30 - Jun 15 by Dubtractor

If you live in a half million quid house you are comfortable, especially relative to a huge proportion of our population.

Half mill house in Sunderland - 4-bed det, well lardy da.
Half mill house in Chelsea - 2 up 2 down, not so lardy da.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 19:54 - Jun 15 with 846 viewsjeera

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 19:38 - Jun 15 by Oldsmoker

If you live in Chelsea there's a chance you're not counting on Tax Credits et al and isn't really in keeping with the OP's subject matter.

At least a far lesser chance, before anyone starts.

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 19:57 - Jun 15 with 838 viewsHighgateBlue

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 19:38 - Jun 15 by Oldsmoker

Half a mil in Chelsea gets you a studio flat at best. Many 2 bed flats are £2m. Even some 1 bed flats are approaching £2m.
Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 20:01 - Jun 15 with 821 viewsgiant_stow

half a mill will buy a small 2 up 2 down in the less nice bits of walthamstow. I don't think many people living in these places would be well off tbh.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 20:08 - Jun 15 with 804 viewsjeera

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 20:01 - Jun 15 by giant_stow

half a mill will buy a small 2 up 2 down in the less nice bits of walthamstow. I don't think many people living in these places would be well off tbh.

None of this is relevant to the op.

If you possess any of those properties you can sell the darned thing and buy the same property type outside of London and be far better off.

The assets are there to do something with to improve the situation.

Someone in dire straits elsewhere won't be buying any properties, as Bankster says.

You receive a lump sum as payment you are entitled to, and it's then taken away in dribs and drabs keeping you poorer.

Dunno how this has become twisted into something about London property prices.

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 20:14 - Jun 15 with 796 viewsgiant_stow

Class war alive and strong during Covid response... on 20:08 - Jun 15 by jeera

None of this is relevant to the op.

If you possess any of those properties you can sell the darned thing and buy the same property type outside of London and be far better off.

The assets are there to do something with to improve the situation.

Someone in dire straits elsewhere won't be buying any properties, as Bankster says.

You receive a lump sum as payment you are entitled to, and it's then taken away in dribs and drabs keeping you poorer.

Dunno how this has become twisted into something about London property prices.

hey no offence meant Jeera!

Just that in London, property prices change the whole cost of living whether you're owning or renting.

People could sell up their half mill homes but to leave London, they'd often be leaving freinds family and work.

To afford that half million gaff will usually mean huge mortgages too, at least for most younguns.

Obviously someone with none of that is in a far worse postion.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024