Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks 10:42 - Jun 15 with 1193 viewsRadlett_blue

I've seen a couple of videos & it starts as a routine DUI check. However, when the officers tried to arrest Mr Brooks, he cut up rough & grabbed one of the officer's tasers after a struggle. He tried to use it on the officer & the last footage was of Brooks running away. Next, a couple of shots and Brooks was dead. A routine arrest escalates into a senseless killing of a man who appeared to offer no threat to the officer's life.
Then, the really scary bit. This is the 48th officer-involved shooting the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has investigated this year, according to ABC News. Of those cases, 15 were fatal. So, we're half way through a year & it seems that 100 Georgia state citizens will be shot by police & 30 of them killed. Some of them may have been brandishing weapons, but it's a very scary number.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 10:48 - Jun 15 with 1175 viewsPinewoodblue

He was reported to Police for sleeping in his car with the drivers door open. He nicked one of the police officers taser and after a struggle ran away. They had already done a vehicle check and checked his license etc so knew where he lived. They could have let him get away. Two shots were fired all so unnecessary but law enforcement in US is in a different level to that in the U.K.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 11:00 - Jun 15 with 1122 viewsHerbivore

Shooting someone who is running away from you is murder, plain and simple. They should be charged.

We are miles away from perfect in the UK, but policing in the US is utterly fooked.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 11:02 - Jun 15 with 1113 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very little coverage over here. I saw that they'd (not sure who they is) had burned down a Wendy's in protest.

It certainly seems unnecessary. Even if he had a taser, we're continuously told they aren't dangerous.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 11:48 - Jun 15 with 1068 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Genuine question.

Of those 15, how many were black?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 12:11 - Jun 15 with 1032 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 11:00 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

Shooting someone who is running away from you is murder, plain and simple. They should be charged.

We are miles away from perfect in the UK, but policing in the US is utterly fooked.

Agreed.

I think due to firearms in the US, cops are maybe paranoid or just plain afraid of being shot themselves, but that shouldn't lead to just taking the law into their own hands and shooting someone who is running away. As you say, that's murder and that charge has been brought.

I guess partly due to lack of fire arms, we are far far better of in the UK in terms of deaths when arrested or in custody.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 12:17 - Jun 15 with 1011 viewsHerbivore

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 12:11 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

I think due to firearms in the US, cops are maybe paranoid or just plain afraid of being shot themselves, but that shouldn't lead to just taking the law into their own hands and shooting someone who is running away. As you say, that's murder and that charge has been brought.

I guess partly due to lack of fire arms, we are far far better of in the UK in terms of deaths when arrested or in custody.

I'm also not sure how much training they get, in the UK you do a diploma and in other countries it's more like degree level. I don't think the US requires anything close to that level of training and education. You end up with a lot of rednecks getting tooled up and sent out to police, many of them would probably be vigilantes if they didn't have a badge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 12:55 - Jun 15 with 963 viewsFtnfwest

and absolutely zero about officer Cody Holte
I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 14:02 - Jun 15 with 899 viewsbluelagos

I've seen surprisingly little attention on the shooting of Rayshard Brooks on 11:02 - Jun 15 by Swansea_Blue

Very little coverage over here. I saw that they'd (not sure who they is) had burned down a Wendy's in protest.

It certainly seems unnecessary. Even if he had a taser, we're continuously told they aren't dangerous.

Yep, is all about proportion in the officers' response.

He pointed and fired a taser at the police. They responded with bullets. And what is encouraging is that even 2 or 3 months ago, am sure some of Twtds less enlightened posters would have tried to justify the police response.

And in America the police officer was fired and even the local police chief resigned. Attitudes against police brutality are hardening (long overdue) as people recognise they are not, nor should they ever be above the law.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024