Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... 09:40 - Jun 16 with 1549 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...that makes its posters into bots who simply post a lazy headline and a link to a random story, with little or no effort at providing background or context.

This is a sinister development.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:44 - Jun 16 with 1115 viewsgiant_stow

Hey, I just read both of those articles and wouldn't have seen them but for the posters posting them. so thank you chaps, appreciated.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

We always try and help the disadvantaged.... on 09:49 - Jun 16 with 1100 viewsBloots

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:44 - Jun 16 by giant_stow

Hey, I just read both of those articles and wouldn't have seen them but for the posters posting them. so thank you chaps, appreciated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36082307

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:52 - Jun 16 with 1090 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:44 - Jun 16 by giant_stow

You should widen your reading.

Shame on you.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:53 - Jun 16 with 1083 viewsJohnny_Boy

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:52 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

You should widen your reading.

Shame on you.

You should tell us more about Primark. Because, I was just as interested then.
It's all a bit patronising really..... on 09:53 - Jun 16 with 1089 viewsBloots

….."here's a link to something really important that I saw, I expect you didn't because all you're capable of doing is typing "Lambert out!" on a football forum"

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:57 - Jun 16 with 1063 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:53 - Jun 16 by Johnny_Boy

You should tell us more about Primark. Because, I was just as interested then.

I'm sure you're capable of researching Primark for yourself.

...not sure how you think Primark is relevant

We always try and help the disadvantaged.... on 09:57 - Jun 16 with 1054 viewsWeWereZombies

We always try and help the disadvantaged.... on 09:49 - Jun 16 by Bloots

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36082307

Just had a read of that and I fear you may have whoosed yourself there.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 09:58 - Jun 16 with 1053 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 09:53 - Jun 16 by Bloots

….."here's a link to something really important that I saw, I expect you didn't because all you're capable of doing is typing "Lambert out!" on a football forum"

That would almost be an improvement.

Am just asking for some narrative and context, I'm sure we're not all too lazy for that.

#raisingthebar

Login to get fewer ads

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:03 - Jun 16 with 1037 viewsJohnny_Boy

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 09:58 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

That would almost be an improvement.

Am just asking for some narrative and context, I'm sure we're not all too lazy for that.

#raisingthebar

Or just click on the LINK & learn something new.

An area in Seattle was turned into an autonomous zone when police HQ’s moved out overnight after demonstrations. It was pretty big news. I mean, it wasn’t as big news as Primark reopening of course...

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:06 - Jun 16 with 1023 viewsfactual_blue

Have you got a link for that?

Of course, perhaps there is a clearly wrong assumption that people are able to read a story and make their own mind up about it, without having to have it passed through the prism of somebody else's opinions (depending on the source, of course, it will have passed through several other prisms already. That's why an unbiased organisation like the BBC is always going to be the best source. Sadly there aren't many others).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:06 - Jun 16 with 1014 viewsJohnny_Boy

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 09:57 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm sure you're capable of researching Primark for yourself.

...not sure how you think Primark is relevant

Primark don’t have an online shop?!?!
It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:14 - Jun 16 with 983 viewsWeWereZombies

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:03 - Jun 16 by Johnny_Boy

An area in Seattle was turned into an autonomous zone when police HQ’s moved out overnight after demonstrations. It was pretty big news. I mean, it wasn’t as big news as Primark reopening of course...

I think it is a question of provenance. What is the quality of the link? Does it lead to a well researched article? That is balanced and well written, covering a wide range of viewpoints.

I once posted, I think in response to one of Glassers diatribes, a link to a PressTV article on an assumption that it was an American news outlet that had provided me a knock down argument. It was either Steve_M or Guthers who pointed out to me that PressTV is a propaganda organ of the Iranian government. I have had a few embarrassing moments on this forum but I rate that one in the top three. (Yes, I am reading the Wikipedia page on Medium.com - interesting).

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:30 - Jun 16 with 941 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:03 - Jun 16 by Johnny_Boy

There you go, a little context, that wasn't so hard was it.

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:31 - Jun 16 with 938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:06 - Jun 16 by factual_blue

Have you got a link for that?

Of course, perhaps there is a clearly wrong assumption that people are able to read a story and make their own mind up about it, without having to have it passed through the prism of somebody else's opinions (depending on the source, of course, it will have passed through several other prisms already. That's why an unbiased organisation like the BBC is always going to be the best source. Sadly there aren't many others).

A little background / context is always a good thing.

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:32 - Jun 16 with 930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:06 - Jun 16 by Johnny_Boy

Primark don’t have an online shop?!?!

You're failing to provide context again. Just nonsense.

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:39 - Jun 16 with 912 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:31 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

A little background / context is always a good thing.

A well-written article, such as you'll find with anything on the BBC website will have that.

What you're saying really is that you can't be bothered to reading stuff.

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:41 - Jun 16 with 910 viewsfactual_blue

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:30 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

There you go, a little context, that wasn't so hard was it.

You are confusing 'context' with 'a brief summary of the article for the intellectually lazy'.

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:41 - Jun 16 with 906 viewsgiant_stow

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 09:53 - Jun 16 by Bloots

I didn't have you down as someone with an inferiority complex mr - they're just interesting links that people might not have come accross yet. If you knew it already, don't click, silly!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:42 - Jun 16 with 897 viewsfactual_blue

It's all a bit patronising really..... on 10:14 - Jun 16 by WeWereZombies

I think it is a question of provenance. What is the quality of the link? Does it lead to a well researched article? That is balanced and well written, covering a wide range of viewpoints.

I once posted, I think in response to one of Glassers diatribes, a link to a PressTV article on an assumption that it was an American news outlet that had provided me a knock down argument. It was either Steve_M or Guthers who pointed out to me that PressTV is a propaganda organ of the Iranian government. I have had a few embarrassing moments on this forum but I rate that one in the top three. (Yes, I am reading the Wikipedia page on Medium.com - interesting).

Fancy posting a link to a dodgy website in response to Guido_Blue!

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:42 - Jun 16 with 897 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:39 - Jun 16 by factual_blue

A well-written article, such as you'll find with anything on the BBC website will have that.

I'd already read it at source.

I just think that when positing a link it's useful to say why you think people might find it to be of interest.

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:45 - Jun 16 with 887 viewsWeWereZombies

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:39 - Jun 16 by factual_blue

I think I have just rumbled your true identity:

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:45 - Jun 16 with 892 viewsLankHenners

Of all the posters to complain about people making vacuous posts with no attempt to engage with the wider discussion around them...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:47 - Jun 16 with 873 viewsWeWereZombies

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:45 - Jun 16 by LankHenners

Of all the posters to complain about people making vacuous posts with no attempt to engage with the wider discussion around them...

But we haven't heard from The Last Baron recently...

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:49 - Jun 16 with 868 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:45 - Jun 16 by LankHenners

Take some time to read my posts, and you will see that I probably engage in the widest discussions of anyone on here.

Some of momentum followers on here are unable to see more than one perspective.

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 11:00 - Jun 16 with 818 viewsJohnny_Boy

TWTD seems to have developed an algorithm... on 10:32 - Jun 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

You're failing to provide context again. Just nonsense.

I would post a link to their Online Shop......but I can’t find one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024