Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Devon or Cornwall 10:57 - Jun 18 with 1891 viewshype313

Haven't been to Cornwall for 30 years, looking to go down for a little holiday as we won't be going abroad, which is better/nicer/has more to offer?

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Devon or Cornwall on 11:03 - Jun 18 with 1864 viewsfooters

The answer hinges on one of the most sensitive topics in the UK: how to eat scones properly.

Only you know the answer.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Devon or Cornwall on 11:04 - Jun 18 with 1862 viewstractordownsouth

I'm biased but it's Cornwall, no contest.

What sort of things are you wanting to do? I can give you a few recommendations if you need any

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Devon or Cornwall on 11:04 - Jun 18 with 1857 viewsFixed_It

Both will be full.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Devon or Cornwall on 11:08 - Jun 18 with 1840 viewsclive_baker

Save yourself the hassle and do 2 weeks in Hemsby.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Devon or Cornwall on 11:09 - Jun 18 with 1835 viewsfooters

Devon or Cornwall on 11:08 - Jun 18 by clive_baker

Save yourself the hassle and do 2 weeks in Hemsby.

Recent review here.

Cleaner's Holiday in Hemsby by cleaner 31 May 2020 16:27
Cleaner is very pleased he can return to TWTD to keep things clean once more. For the last few months, Cleaner has been in a never ending holiday in Hemsby largely due to passport control not letting anyone in or out due to some less than clean goings on in the world.

Cleaner would love to share some of cleaner's most beloved holiday snaps from this gorgeous caravan paradise.

Day One
The traffic was fairly clear all the way to the amusements, but the rental car was a bit too small for cleaner. Cleaner's poor little broom and lovely hat got a little bit squashed, but cleaner's spirits did not.

https://i.imgur.com/MrfxjJm.png

Day Two
One of Cleaner's most hated jobs is cleaning up all the fag butts scattered around the RadioRentals car park every Thursday, so, cleaner could not resist the opportunity to visit Hemsby's finest electronic cigarette emporiums to show Cleaner's appreciation for people keeping it clean
https://i.imgur.com/fiGslKT.png

Day Three
Sometimes Cleaner can say more with pictures than words. Cleaner met a lovely lady on the beach, and even though we kept 2m apart, we are going to become married when the world settles and treat ourselves to a luxury canal boat holiday near Daventry.

https://i.imgur.com/VMKnmGQ.png

More to come as Cleaner still needs to get his polaroid developed at Snappy Snaps.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Devon or Cornwall on 11:13 - Jun 18 with 1823 viewssparks

Please dont bring your corona virus ridden foreignness to the South West :-)

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Devon or Cornwall on 11:54 - Jun 18 with 1751 viewsgiant_stow

Imho, Devon is beautiful old english cutesy countryside with rolling hills and lovely villages full of beatiful cottages. Whereas Cornwall feels more like another country with lots of dramatic rocky scenary, still mixed with cute. the little covey fishing villages are mind-blowing to a simpleton like me.

So Devon for old school english, Cornwall for the more interesting exploring adventure.

Did I miss any cliches?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Devon or Cornwall on 14:33 - Jun 18 with 1661 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Down near the Lizard is nice, Cadgwith Cove.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Devon or Cornwall on 15:27 - Jun 18 with 1620 viewsGeoffSentence

Devon or Cornwall on 11:13 - Jun 18 by sparks

Please dont bring your corona virus ridden foreignness to the South West :-)

Although it should be pointed out that the R number is worse in the South West than the rest of England. So we should asking him not to bring back any corona ridden foreignness from the South West.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Devon or Cornwall on 15:46 - Jun 18 with 1592 viewsDarth_Koont

Devon or Cornwall on 14:33 - Jun 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Down near the Lizard is nice, Cadgwith Cove.

Agreed. Spent a week at Mullion Cove last year and it was stunning.

Helped, of course, that it was unbroken sunshine for almost the whole week. Would probably have been different with some proper Atlantic weather rolling in.

Pronouns: He/Him

Devon or Cornwall on 15:54 - Jun 18 with 1561 viewsgiant_stow

Devon or Cornwall on 15:46 - Jun 18 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Spent a week at Mullion Cove last year and it was stunning.

Helped, of course, that it was unbroken sunshine for almost the whole week. Would probably have been different with some proper Atlantic weather rolling in.

I stayed in St Davids for a week a few years back — looks very similar to Cornwall in some ways, but we did get a week of rain and that really did fck it as a holiday!
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 15:57]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Devon or Cornwall on 15:54 - Jun 18 with 1564 viewsflimflam

Cornwall the hands down winner. My favourite part of the world.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Devon or Cornwall on 17:49 - Jun 18 with 1474 viewsbluelagos

Cornwall is nice - but fck me it's going to be rammed this summer. Traffic is an absolute nightmare anyway in the summer months - and I can't see any holiday accommodation being under capacity - so find somewhere that you can stay and enjoy it would be my advice.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Devon or Cornwall on 19:22 - Jun 18 with 1438 viewsITFC_Forever

We go to Cornwall every year.....

North coast is rugged and full of sandy beaches and surfing waves.

South coast is more harbours and fishing villages, as well as plenty of good beaches etc

We are going down in August, as to whether it will be busy, I’m not sure... I think there will be an element of those who won’t go anywhere this summer due to the virus.

We were supposed to half gone in May half-term, and are now going to Cornwall for the first two weeks of August instead of Rhodes.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Devon or Cornwall on 19:27 - Jun 18 with 1424 viewssolemio

Devon or Cornwall on 19:22 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

We go to Cornwall every year.....

North coast is rugged and full of sandy beaches and surfing waves.

South coast is more harbours and fishing villages, as well as plenty of good beaches etc

We are going down in August, as to whether it will be busy, I’m not sure... I think there will be an element of those who won’t go anywhere this summer due to the virus.

We were supposed to half gone in May half-term, and are now going to Cornwall for the first two weeks of August instead of Rhodes.

Not Cecil Rhodes I hope, or you're in trouble.
Devon or Cornwall on 22:29 - Jun 18 with 1362 viewsITFC_Forever

Devon or Cornwall on 19:27 - Jun 18 by solemio

Not Cecil Rhodes I hope, or you're in trouble.

Ha, no.... the Greek one.

Bit annoying, as we went to Greece on holiday years ago and keep saying we'll go back, and haven’t made it yet.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Devon or Cornwall on 09:12 - Jun 19 with 1280 viewshampstead_blue

Eden project is incredible.

Apart from that either. Hope Cove and around Salcombe area in Devon is lovely, West coast for waves.

You can't go to wrong it is lovely.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Devon or Cornwall on 10:08 - Jun 19 with 1229 viewsglasso

Cornwall's beautiful but if you're looking for somewhere that might not be rammed, I'd recommend Kingswear/Dartmouth for a weekend away. A mate of mine has a house down there so we go down quite often and there are amazing restaurants (The Seahorse is one of my favourite restaurants in the country and Rockfish is brilliant, too), loads of nice pubs and it seems to escape the tourist crowds that Cornwall seems to get
Devon or Cornwall on 10:48 - Jun 19 with 1198 viewsLeBlue

Another vote for the South Hams are of Devon - Salcombe, Thurlestone, Bigbury-on-Sea, Hope Cove, Dartmouth etc.

Go there at least twice a year for up to 3 weeks at a time and I always leave wishing I wasn't.
Devon or Cornwall on 11:34 - Jun 19 with 1162 viewscinnamonITFC

Live down in the South West and both are obviously amazing, but agree that I think South Hams area is genuinely the most beautiful area of England anywhere. Prefer it to the Lake District. Salcombe is stunning but pretentious, Dartmouth is equally beautiful but slightly less ‘private school’. Bigbury is just really interesting because of the island. Roads throughout are terrible though.

However - I also work in a hospital in the South West, and there are genuine, very serious concerns (based on modelling) of a severe second peak in the South West due to the sheer amount of holidaymakers. This is because it’s likely to be one of the most popular places for holiday makers, but also because it has not had COVID-19 very severely at all so far (only about 4%), and the level of immunity is incredibly low.
Obviously people are free to make their own decisions, but please do bear this in mind before coming down here this year.
Devon or Cornwall on 12:53 - Jun 19 with 1121 viewsSE1blue

I cannot recommend this place enough if they're open and taking bookings any time soon. They have a two bedroom cottage inside the grounds of the pub that you can rent for the weekend. Sheep and cows come up to your kitchen window in the morning and they'll even walk your dinner and pints over to the cottage if you can't be bothered to sit in the beer garden. Just a magical escape.

It's in Devon.

http://www.rugglestoneinn.co.uk
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 12:54]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024