Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions 11:11 - Jun 18 with 4505 viewsCokeIsKey

Under Culverhouse with a fairly average squad for the league... now the gap between us and Kings Lynn is the same as us and Norwich. Depressing.

Really makes you wonder if Culverhouse was the man behind Lambert's success at Colchester and Norwich. I wouldn't mind swapping - seems to know a thing or two about football tactics. Certainly if he was at the club we would have an established formation and system, and the players would all know their roles very well.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 23:03]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 11:32 - Jun 18 with 3889 viewsclive_baker

Couldn't happen to a nicer club....

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:06 - Jun 18 with 3700 viewslongtimefan

The premature ending of the season worked out well for them. Their form in their last few games was pretty dreadful, winning only one of the last six games, including losing at home to the bottom club in the division!
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:24 - Jun 18 with 3657 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Paul Hurst looked like he knew what he was doing in the National League.

Managing below League Two is essentially a different job.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:32 - Jun 18 with 3644 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:24 - Jun 18 by JeanManuelThetis

Paul Hurst looked like he knew what he was doing in League One.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 19:51 - Jun 18 with 3486 viewsdaisyisabaddog

This time next year we could be looking at playing them.....
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 20:30 - Jun 18 with 3446 viewsPhilTWTD

Is that right re an average squad? I know the owner's put a lot of money into them since he took over. Would have expected Chris Smith to get a National League club when he left here, so they must be paying wages above the average for National League South.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 20:50 - Jun 18 with 3403 viewsCokeIsKey

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 20:30 - Jun 18 by PhilTWTD

Is that right re an average squad? I know the owner's put a lot of money into them since he took over. Would have expected Chris Smith to get a National League club when he left here, so they must be paying wages above the average for National League South.

Looking at the squad individually you’re right it’s quite good for the league. I just assumed it was average because they only just joined the league via playoffs the season prior.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 21:31 - Jun 18 with 3349 viewsrgp1

I went to a game at Kings lynn many years ago. They get decent crowds for the level they are at and I would expect them to average possibly 2000 plus if they made it to the league. Their ground is certainly up to league standards with a reasonable size main stand and terracing on the other 3 sides. I believe they played Oldham a few years back in the cup and got a crowd of over 4000.
Login to get fewer ads

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 22:29 - Jun 18 with 3275 viewsbackwaywhen

He was the man that put the jigsaw together on the pitch for Norwich , Lambert was the club mouthpiece, ring any bells ! , as soon as they fell out at Villa Lambert was lost and has been ever since , Norwich fans were dreading them getting back together at Town .
GET HIM IN
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 22:48 - Jun 18 with 3254 viewsITFC_Forever

Aaron Jones who was in our youth team a few years ago plays for them.

Bunch of budgie wannabes though. Ask any Ipswich Witches fan.

I went to KL v Weymouth the day after we got back from the San Siro (bro-in-law played for Weymouth at the time) and I was wearing my Inter shirt I’d bought. The yokels worked out fairly quickly I was a Town fan and most were happy to engage in general football chat and banter whilst letting me know about their affiliation to Norwich as their “pro club”. But there were a couple who didn’t nothing but come out with stream of gibberish about Norwich being the Pride of Anglia, despite them dawdling in the Champ and us having just played Inter.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 07:58 - Jun 19 with 3060 viewstextbackup

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 22:48 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

I went to KL v Weymouth the day after we got back from the San Siro (bro-in-law played for Weymouth at the time) and I was wearing my Inter shirt I’d bought. The yokels worked out fairly quickly I was a Town fan and most were happy to engage in general football chat and banter whilst letting me know about their affiliation to Norwich as their “pro club”. But there were a couple who didn’t nothing but come out with stream of gibberish about Norwich being the Pride of Anglia, despite them dawdling in the Champ and us having just played Inter.

They have some pr1ck playing for them, Henderson, thinks of himself as a Norwich lad.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 09:02 - Jun 19 with 3011 viewslongtimefan

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 20:30 - Jun 18 by PhilTWTD

To be pedantic, National League North.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:10 - Jun 19 with 2848 viewsArnieM

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 22:29 - Jun 18 by backwaywhen

He was the man that put the jigsaw together on the pitch for Norwich , Lambert was the club mouthpiece, ring any bells ! , as soon as they fell out at Villa Lambert was lost and has been ever since , Norwich fans were dreading them getting back together at Town .
GET HIM IN

But they don’t see eye to eye anymore apparently. So probably an unlikely rematch.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:44 - Jun 19 with 2814 viewsLibero

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 22:48 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

Wow, last I'd heard Jones had been drafted into the MLS so that's some good going.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:54 - Jun 19 with 2800 viewsPhilTWTD

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 09:02 - Jun 19 by longtimefan

To be pedantic, National League North.

I stand corrected!
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:56 - Jun 19 with 2791 viewsLibero

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 07:58 - Jun 19 by textbackup

They have some pr1ck playing for them, Henderson, thinks of himself as a Norwich lad.

I think you're talking about former Bury Town player Chris Henderson, I'm a couple of years older than him but I played against him a couple of times when we were kids and he was one of the fastest players I've ever seen.

Just had a look through their squad and it's pretty bloody solid.

Aaron Jones and Chris Smith who were both youths here.
Rory McAuley who played for Cambridge United.
Alfie Payne, former Norwich U23's
Sam Kelly, Cambridge United, Norwich, Everton, Grimsby and other professional clubs
Michael Gash - good striker for Cambridge United
Andy Marriott - another good striker for Cambridge United!
Ryan Jarvis, Norwich
Henderson - Bury Town, Leiston, played for a number of top non league East Anglian clubs

Judging from that squad list they're a long way for average, much better than the Lowestoft team who were promoted to the Conference a few years ago.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 15:00 - Jun 19 with 2779 viewsReuser_is_God

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 07:58 - Jun 19 by textbackup

VVanker

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 15:00 - Jun 19 with 2778 viewsReuser_is_God

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:56 - Jun 19 by Libero

I think you're talking about former Bury Town player Chris Henderson, I'm a couple of years older than him but I played against him a couple of times when we were kids and he was one of the fastest players I've ever seen.

Just had a look through their squad and it's pretty bloody solid.

Aaron Jones and Chris Smith who were both youths here.
Rory McAuley who played for Cambridge United.
Alfie Payne, former Norwich U23's
Sam Kelly, Cambridge United, Norwich, Everton, Grimsby and other professional clubs
Michael Gash - good striker for Cambridge United
Andy Marriott - another good striker for Cambridge United!
Ryan Jarvis, Norwich
Henderson - Bury Town, Leiston, played for a number of top non league East Anglian clubs

Judging from that squad list they're a long way for average, much better than the Lowestoft team who were promoted to the Conference a few years ago.

Michael Gash

LOL

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 15:02 - Jun 19 with 2768 viewsLibero

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 15:00 - Jun 19 by Reuser_is_God

Michael Gash

LOL

Soccer AM found his name so funny that for years they had his shirt hanging behind them on the set.

Silly name aside, Incredible signing at that level.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 18:54 - Jun 19 with 2628 viewsbackwaywhen

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:10 - Jun 19 by ArnieM

But they don’t see eye to eye anymore apparently. So probably an unlikely rematch.

Apparently not , there was an altercation at youth level at Villa , somehow Culverhouse and Carver the brains behind the Lambert success , were both sacked and Lambert did not back them up ! Not been seen together since .
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 19:28 - Jun 19 with 2596 viewsTrequartista

I've seen Ipswich and King's Lynn derbies before, but never envisaged one where motorcycles wouldn't be involved.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 19:34 - Jun 19 with 2584 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A few points of order there.

1 How is the gap between the National League and League 1 the same as the gap between the Championship and League 1?

2 What makes you say a bang average squad? The fact they have topped the table would suggest otherwise. Are they low paid for that division? That doesn't mean they are bang average, just well-assembled.

3 Being a tactical genius in the second tier of non-league (if he is) is not the same as being one in the third tier of the Football League. Look at the difference between Farke's tactical genius in the Championship and that in the Premier League.

That said, I can't imagine many professional managers having worse tactical nous than our current incumbent.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 19:55 - Jun 19 with 2558 viewsStNeotsBlue

I don't get some.of the love for Culverhouse Kings Lynn had the highest budget in the division, which doesn't mean automatic success but does help.

As an aside a significant chunk of their fans are absolute helmets. A few years ago KL and St. Neots were the big boys battling it out at the top of the UCL, at the time Saints had about 6 or 7 black lads in the 1st XI and they received a lot of sh1tty treatment from a sizable minority of the 600 or so from Kings Lynn.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 20:01 - Jun 19 with 2540 viewsShawsey

Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 14:24 - Jun 18 by JeanManuelThetis

No it isn't.
Kings Lynn Town promoted to the National league as champions on 20:04 - Jun 19 with 2532 viewsclive_baker

They've definitely spent a bit of SC's no doubt legitimately accumulated wealth....

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024