Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the worst... British county? 16:45 - Jun 18 with 6313 viewsfooters

And why is it Berkshire?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What is the worst... British county? on 16:46 - Jun 18 with 3136 viewsWacko

Because it's full of berks

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

What is the worst... British county? on 16:47 - Jun 18 with 3124 viewsSteve_M

Because it contains Reading and the Madjeski Stadium.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is the worst... British county? on 16:49 - Jun 18 with 3110 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You are correct.....I was born there so I should know.....the answer is Maidenhead.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What is the worst... British county? on 16:49 - Jun 18 with 3112 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 16:47 - Jun 18 by Steve_M

Because it contains Reading and the Madjeski Stadium.

We're building a strong case for Berkshire here. Keep 'em coming.

It's the UK equivalent of the Midwest.

What is the worst... British county? on 16:50 - Jun 18 with 3102 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 16:49 - Jun 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

You are correct.....I was born there so I should know.....the answer is Maidenhead.

I had to spend a week in Maidenhead once. I still get flashbacks.

What is the worst... British county? on 16:52 - Jun 18 with 3088 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...and this..
http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html

What is the worst... British county? on 16:56 - Jun 18 with 3069 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What is the worst... British county? on 16:50 - Jun 18 by footers

And now the glorious start point of crossrail.....the quality of resident can only get worse.

What is the worst... British county? on 16:58 - Jun 18 with 3051 viewsHerbivore

Berkshire is a good shout. Honourable mentions for Buckinghamshire (Wycombe is a dump) and Bedfordshire (Luton FFS) as well. Counties beginning with B are probably best avoided it seems.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

What is the worst... British county? on 16:59 - Jun 18 with 3044 viewsTJS

Given the size of our island I've never been able to take seriously any county that does not have a coastline.
What is the worst... British county? on 17:03 - Jun 18 with 3032 viewsNthQldITFC

What is the worst... British county? on 16:46 - Jun 18 by Wacko

Because it's full of berks

The origin of the term berk is apparently a contraction of the rhyming slang 'Berkshire hunt' (as in the fox hunting tvvats I suppose), so to call someone a berk is actually a bit more severe than one might imagine.

Signed: A berk.

Oh, and it's obviously Issex, and too bloody close.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 17:05]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What is the worst... British county? on 17:13 - Jun 18 with 3010 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What is the worst... British county? on 17:03 - Jun 18 by NthQldITFC

The origin of the term berk is apparently a contraction of the rhyming slang 'Berkshire hunt' (as in the fox hunting tvvats I suppose), so to call someone a berk is actually a bit more severe than one might imagine.

Signed: A berk.

Oh, and it's obviously Issex, and too bloody close.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 17:05]

Haven't you heard, Suffolk is the new Issex....up the 'ammers!!

What is the worst... British county? on 17:14 - Jun 18 with 3007 viewssolemio

What is the worst... British county? on 16:58 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Berkshire is a good shout. Honourable mentions for Buckinghamshire (Wycombe is a dump) and Bedfordshire (Luton FFS) as well. Counties beginning with B are probably best avoided it seems.

There are many lovely parts of Bedfordshire. Some people judge a county by Kenilworth Road.
What is the worst... British county? on 17:15 - Jun 18 with 3008 viewsStokieBlue

What is the worst... British county? on 16:50 - Jun 18 by footers

I worked there for 15 months as part of my degree. Lived in Reading though and drove there daily.

Maidenhead is a veritable paradise compared to Reading or heaven forbid, Slough.

Reading does have an exceptional pie shop though which gives it a few extra points but still not enough to lift if much.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What is the worst... British county? on 17:19 - Jun 18 with 2990 viewseastangliaisblue

Surely Norfolk must be?
What is the worst... British county? on 17:28 - Jun 18 with 2956 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 17:15 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

I worked there for 15 months as part of my degree. Lived in Reading though and drove there daily.

Maidenhead is a veritable paradise compared to Reading or heaven forbid, Slough.

Reading does have an exceptional pie shop though which gives it a few extra points but still not enough to lift if much.

SB

Sorry to hear that, Stokie. Hope you're OK now.

Aside from the football and Reading festival, only been there once to visit some friends. I hope not to go again.

Didn't think too much of the David Brent film but his Slough song did make me laugh :)

What is the worst... British county? on 17:29 - Jun 18 with 2953 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 17:19 - Jun 18 by eastangliaisblue

Surely Norfolk must be?

Aside from the football team and the people, Norfolk's a great place. But that may be because I'm border scum...

What is the worst... British county? on 17:38 - Jun 18 with 2931 viewsWeWereZombies

Offaly - over three weeks of glorious sunshine we had, then we crossed the river at Shannonbridge and the drizzle started, by the morning it was torrential (see avatar) and looking round Clonmacnoise a mad dash from one sheltered bit to another. Here is one of the highlights of a visit to County Offaly from the Wikipedia page:

'Offaly largely comprises a flat landscape and is known for its extensive bog and peatlands. There are many large bogs in Offaly including the Bog of Allen, Clara bog, Boora bog and Raheenmore Bog which are spread out across the county with the Bog of Allen extending into four other counties.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What is the worst... British county? on 17:39 - Jun 18 with 2922 viewseastangliaisblue

What is the worst... British county? on 17:29 - Jun 18 by footers

Aside from the football team and the people, Norfolk's a great place. But that may be because I'm border scum...

I hate to say it, it really is a nice county. Like you say, the football team and people, let it down!
What is the worst... British county? on 17:43 - Jun 18 with 2910 viewsleitrimblue

What is the worst... British county? on 17:38 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Offaly - over three weeks of glorious sunshine we had, then we crossed the river at Shannonbridge and the drizzle started, by the morning it was torrential (see avatar) and looking round Clonmacnoise a mad dash from one sheltered bit to another. Here is one of the highlights of a visit to County Offaly from the Wikipedia page:

'Offaly largely comprises a flat landscape and is known for its extensive bog and peatlands. There are many large bogs in Offaly including the Bog of Allen, Clara bog, Boora bog and Raheenmore Bog which are spread out across the county with the Bog of Allen extending into four other counties.'

I had the displeasure of living in Clara (Clara bog) for a year while working nearby.
What is the worst... British county? on 17:50 - Jun 18 with 2879 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 17:38 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

Yes, but with that many bogs it's probably the best place if you're caught short.

What is the worst... British county? on 17:54 - Jun 18 with 2869 viewsDarth_Koont

Probably right. Although all the satellite counties around London and the M25 are pretty ropey.

Further afield, Lincolnshire is pretty unremarkable for such a large county.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 17:54]

Pronouns: He/Him

What is the worst... British county? on 17:58 - Jun 18 with 2855 viewsHerbivore

What is the worst... British county? on 17:14 - Jun 18 by solemio

There are many lovely parts of Bedfordshire. Some people judge a county by Kenilworth Road.

Someone might have a cracking arse, but if there's a big old carbuncle on one cheek I don't want any part of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What is the worst... British county? on 18:02 - Jun 18 with 2836 viewsgiant_stow

Essex is hard to love.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What is the worst... British county? on 18:02 - Jun 18 with 2831 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 17:54 - Jun 18 by Darth_Koont

Probably right. Although all the satellite counties around London and the M25 are pretty ropey.

Further afield, Lincolnshire is pretty unremarkable for such a large county.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 17:54]

Aye, Lincolnshire's pretty sh1t. See also: Kent.

Lincolnshire's got nice cabbages and windmills though, I guess.

But the evidence in favour of Berkshire seems pretty damning at this point.

What is the worst... British county? on 18:05 - Jun 18 with 2822 viewsfooters

What is the worst... British county? on 18:02 - Jun 18 by giant_stow

Essex is hard to love.

It is, but it's also an essential buffer/filter between that there London and God's Own County of Suffolk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024