Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May as well just open the pubs 23:29 - Jun 18 with 954 viewsPendejo

In my travels today passed many offering take away service... Most punters are then drinking on public green spaces within a few yards of the pubs, some of which have gardens... Where folks could drink as distanced as where they are drinking

e.g. Fat Walrus New Cross

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

May as well just open the pubs on 23:40 - Jun 18 with 909 viewsSpruceMoose

Had the same issue over here. Bars open a window to serve 'to go' drinks, people get drinks then just hang out on the path outside completely blocking it and making it impossible to get by and keep your distance from others.

Public drinking is actually illegal here but is now being ignored for some reason.

So many people just can't be trusted to do the right thing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

May as well just open the pubs on 23:40 - Jun 18 with 910 viewsOldsmoker

I think the govt. underestimate the general publics common sense.
After months of lockdown most of us are not going to go nuts and abandon what we know to be sensible behaviour ref distancing and handwashing. All parents are extra protective towards their children and would not want to endanger them by bringing the virus home.
But there's always a few who are going to spoil it for the rest because they will always have an excuse to justify their d*ckhead behaviour.
So open the pubs but don't serve the drunks.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 23:42]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

May as well just open the pubs on 23:45 - Jun 18 with 885 viewsjeera

May as well just open the pubs on 23:40 - Jun 18 by Oldsmoker

After months of lockdown most of us are not going to go nuts and abandon what we know to be sensible behaviour ref distancing and handwashing. All parents are extra protective towards their children and would not want to endanger them by bringing the virus home.
But there's always a few who are going to spoil it for the rest because they will always have an excuse to justify their d*ckhead behaviour.

Crikey.

You have more faith in humankind than I do.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

May as well just open the pubs on 00:03 - Jun 19 with 862 viewsOldsmoker

May as well just open the pubs on 23:45 - Jun 18 by jeera

Crikey.

You have more faith in humankind than I do.

My area is mainly muslims and they don't drink (as a rule).
The pubs are small locals with beer gardens and some don't serve food or have a music license and therefore have an older client base.
Suffolk is way more cosmopolitan than East Bristol so you have the problem of the 'drink till you drop' brigade.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

May as well just open the pubs on 00:39 - Jun 19 with 808 viewsfactual_blue

May as well just open the pubs on 23:40 - Jun 18 by Oldsmoker

All you need to do is follow your instincts.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

May as well just open the pubs on 07:08 - Jun 19 with 672 viewsbluelagos

So on my cycling travels have seen 2 open. One in Finchingfield where people sit on the green and one in Walton where they sit on the sea wall.

Both have plastic glass only, are strictly takeaway and close early evening.

The main issue that I have seen is the lack of public toilets. Indeed the tearooms in Finchingfield refused me access to their toilets stating that as a takeaway, they could not allow customers to use them.

When pubs do open am guessing those with pub gardens will do a roaring trade. Whether people full of alcohol understand about social distancing is somewhat debatable so expect many will be choose to stay home and/or only have a couple.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

May as well just open the pubs on 07:25 - Jun 19 with 642 viewsHerbivore

Pubs around me have been open for a while but they've got their gardens closed off and no parks nearby and they aren't doing pints in plastic glasses, they're doing 2 or 4 pint takeaways to drink at home. It's all pretty sensible. I do expect, for better or worse, pubs and restaurants to be open soon. The government are plouging on with easing lockdown and the local pubs and restaurants here and starting to gear up to reopen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

May as well just open the pubs on 07:57 - Jun 19 with 590 viewsPinewoodblue

May as well just open the pubs on 07:25 - Jun 19 by Herbivore

Pubs around me have been open for a while but they've got their gardens closed off and no parks nearby and they aren't doing pints in plastic glasses, they're doing 2 or 4 pint takeaways to drink at home. It's all pretty sensible. I do expect, for better or worse, pubs and restaurants to be open soon. The government are plouging on with easing lockdown and the local pubs and restaurants here and starting to gear up to reopen.

Social distancing probably easier in Restaurants. Greene King hav3 already published their plans, although will work better if 1m and not 2.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024