Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? 09:03 - Jun 19 with 2815 viewshampstead_blue

Cannot believe he has had the stellar career he has enjoyed.
Walks like a duck.
Plays like a headless chicken.
Capable of stunning things but........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:04 - Jun 19 with 2165 viewsKieran_Knows

He should never be a centre half. Centre mid or holding midfielder would probably suit him better.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:15 - Jun 19 with 2113 viewsLibero

Considering his reputation for being an expansive ball playing centre half I think it's rather ironic that the best he's ever looked in his career was as the third centre back in Conte's 3-5-2 where all he did was pass it out square to the other two centre backs.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:17 - Jun 19 with 2107 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He just doesn't work in a flat back four. He is at his best in a three, it is baffling that Arsenal signed him and don't play that way.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:31 - Jun 19 with 2091 viewsbrazil1982

Terribly overrated, no more than a lower PL squad player if that.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 11:03 - Jun 19 with 2012 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 11:33 - Jun 19 with 1974 viewsParky

Tommy Smith
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 11:35 - Jun 19 with 1966 viewsSwansea_Blue

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:04 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

He should never be a centre half. Centre mid or holding midfielder would probably suit him better.

He'd have made a great sweeper in the 80s

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 11:59 - Jun 19 with 1928 viewsHerbivore

Alan Judge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 13:54 - Jun 19 with 1863 viewsEnigma_Blue

Balotelli has to run him close surely for the tag of most over rated player.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 14:01 - Jun 19 with 1853 viewsJakeITFC

Considering he's won the lot as a club player, got 50 caps for Brazil and played in a world cup, I'd argue he's underrated considering that absolutely everybody thinks he's a clown.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 17:59 - Jun 19 with 1747 viewstractordownsouth

I don't think anyone actually rates him - he's essentially a slightly better post-Ipswich Titus Bramble.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 18:03 - Jun 19 with 1734 viewsShawsey

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 17:59 - Jun 19 by tractordownsouth

I don't think anyone actually rates him - he's essentially a slightly better post-Ipswich Titus Bramble.

Won a lot and played for Brazil. Can't see how he is over rated. I haven't seen anybody call him world class, but a decent player. As others have said, should be in midfield.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:01 - Jun 20 with 1576 viewsBryanPlug

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 13:54 - Jun 19 by Enigma_Blue

Balotelli has to run him close surely for the tag of most over rated player.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:18 - Jun 20 with 1560 viewsTerry_Nutkins

He's a talented player with all the attributes to be top class but he reads the game badly, struggles massively with lapses of concentration and plays the game with very low levels of disipline which at at prem level is suicide. I imagine he looks fantastic in training...But crank it up to game levels of sharpness and he's a liability.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:39 - Jun 20 with 1529 viewsvapour_trail

Steven Gerrard.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:54 - Jun 20 with 1512 viewsLibero

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:39 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

Steven Gerrard.

Great shout that.

I’ve seen some very good performances from Gerrard the best being in the FA Cup final vs West Ham, but I’ve never understood how or why people rated him as world class.

Scholes and Lampard were significantly better players yet somehow Gerrard is considered on par.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 10:34 - Jun 20 with 1474 viewsJakeITFC

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 09:54 - Jun 20 by Libero

Great shout that.

I’ve seen some very good performances from Gerrard the best being in the FA Cup final vs West Ham, but I’ve never understood how or why people rated him as world class.

Scholes and Lampard were significantly better players yet somehow Gerrard is considered on par.

All very good players, but I think my order would be Gerrard, Lampard and then Scholes.

Gerrard obviously gets stick for his million dollar passes and trying to do everything, I think they were all disappointing for England but Gerrard at his peak was an absolute force of nature. I think (and the votes show it) that Gerrard and Lampard were in the conversation for being the best players in the world at one point when Scholes simply never was (and there has been a significant amount of revisionism of his career since).
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 10:40 - Jun 20 with 1462 viewsHerbivore

Great shout that.

Gerrard was a much better footballer than Lampard for me. He could do a lot more than Lampard could.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 11:26 - Jun 20 with 1431 viewsEnigma_Blue

Great shout that.

Are you forgetting the Champions League final in Istanbul when Gerrard almost single handedly turned the game on it head?
Gerrard had a greater range of passing than Lampard and was a better tackler.
If you judge them just on being goalscoring midfielders then Lampard was clearly superior but in terms of being the complete midfielder Gerrard wins hands down.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 11:27]
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 1388 viewsAce_High1

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 10:34 - Jun 20 by JakeITFC

All very good players, but I think my order would be Gerrard, Lampard and then Scholes.

Gerrard obviously gets stick for his million dollar passes and trying to do everything, I think they were all disappointing for England but Gerrard at his peak was an absolute force of nature. I think (and the votes show it) that Gerrard and Lampard were in the conversation for being the best players in the world at one point when Scholes simply never was (and there has been a significant amount of revisionism of his career since).

Finally someone else see's it re Scholes. Never seen the fuss, decent player but never world class for me. Scored some good goals, but I didn't see the technical ability that people go on about.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 13:39]
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:26 - Jun 20 with 1371 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jonathan Douglas.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:31 - Jun 20 with 1369 viewsPhilTWTD

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:23 - Jun 20 by Ace_High1

Finally someone else see's it re Scholes. Never seen the fuss, decent player but never world class for me. Scored some good goals, but I didn't see the technical ability that people go on about.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 13:39]

Kieron, who played alongside all three, always puts Scholes as the best of the three. He was talking about him and Gerrard on here when he did Jim's best XI.

"There are only a few players that I have played with in midfield that could dominate the whole game and you play to their tempo. Paul Scholes was one, Steven Gerrard was another, they dominated. It’s not about assists, they just dominated the whole game, dictated it and played it at their own pace.

"And Jim was able to do that as well [albeit in the second tier]. I’ve been fortunate to play with the top, top players in England and Scholes and Gerrard were the only two who could do that in midfield. It takes a special type of player."

My Best Town XI: Jim Magilton 15th May 2020 19:29
In part 31 of the series, Kieron Dyer catches up with Town legend Jim Magilton, who selects the best XI from his spell as a Blues player before Dyer evaluates his team. 11

This post has been edited by an administrator
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:35 - Jun 20 with 1343 viewsStadiumofdark

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:31 - Jun 20 by PhilTWTD

Kieron, who played alongside all three, always puts Scholes as the best of the three. He was talking about him and Gerrard on here when he did Jim's best XI.

"There are only a few players that I have played with in midfield that could dominate the whole game and you play to their tempo. Paul Scholes was one, Steven Gerrard was another, they dominated. It’s not about assists, they just dominated the whole game, dictated it and played it at their own pace.

"And Jim was able to do that as well [albeit in the second tier]. I’ve been fortunate to play with the top, top players in England and Scholes and Gerrard were the only two who could do that in midfield. It takes a special type of player."

My Best Town XI: Jim Magilton 15th May 2020 19:29
In part 31 of the series, Kieron Dyer catches up with Town legend Jim Magilton, who selects the best XI from his spell as a Blues player before Dyer evaluates his team. 11

This post has been edited by an administrator

Neither Scholes or Gerrard were fit to lace Jim's boots.
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 1329 viewsLibero

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 10:40 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

Gerrard was a much better footballer than Lampard for me. He could do a lot more than Lampard could.

Yet never achieved the consistency of Lampard...
David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 12:45 - Jun 20 with 1328 viewsLibero

David Luiz. Is there a more over rated player? on 11:26 - Jun 20 by Enigma_Blue

Are you forgetting the Champions League final in Istanbul when Gerrard almost single handedly turned the game on it head?
Gerrard had a greater range of passing than Lampard and was a better tackler.
If you judge them just on being goalscoring midfielders then Lampard was clearly superior but in terms of being the complete midfielder Gerrard wins hands down.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 11:27]

No, not forgetting it, just think the West Ham final was a better performance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024