Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days 20:39 - Jun 19 with 1356 viewsElderGrizzly

And the Government tried to spin it of course

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/over-1000-deaths-day-uk-ministers-
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 20:50]
More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 20:48 - Jun 19 with 1317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That's slightly badly worded.

500,000 die per year in the UK. So 1,000 per day is lower than usual.

I guess they mean 1,000 died per day with Covid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 20:50 - Jun 19 with 1302 viewsElderGrizzly

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 20:48 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's slightly badly worded.

500,000 die per year in the UK. So 1,000 per day is lower than usual.

I guess they mean 1,000 died per day with Covid.

Agree. Edited.

Which ironically is what the Govt did too...
More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 20:52 - Jun 19 with 1283 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 20:50 - Jun 19 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. Edited.

Wasn't having a go at you, from what I could see of the article it looked like they did the same.

I think there's also a distinction between died WITH Covid and died FROM Covid, but I'm not sure whether the stats have been analysed fully yet.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 20:53]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 22:20 - Jun 19 with 1150 viewsOldsmoker

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 20:50 - Jun 19 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. Edited.

Johnson said we shouldn't edit our history.
Of course that was him refering to the removal of Slave Owner statues.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 22:27 - Jun 19 with 1138 viewsfactual_blue

More than 1,000 people died every day in the UK for 22 consecutive days on 22:20 - Jun 19 by Oldsmoker

Johnson said we shouldn't edit our history.
Of course that was him refering to the removal of Slave Owner statues.

Although he's happy to remove children from his personal history.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 23:28 - Jun 19 with 1082 viewsjaykay

still as sugar says he and his wife haven't died from covid ,so open up the country
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/alan-sugar-coronavirus-

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 09:08 - Jun 20 with 861 viewspointofblue

They were pretty clear the figures were reported were hospitals only? The deaths are horrific, the government’s handling of the pandemic has been abysmal but I don’t think the numbers were ever covered up as being something they weren’t.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 10:15 - Jun 20 with 801 viewsElephantintheRoom

More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 09:08 - Jun 20 by pointofblue

They were pretty clear the figures were reported were hospitals only? The deaths are horrific, the government’s handling of the pandemic has been abysmal but I don’t think the numbers were ever covered up as being something they weren’t.

They were always being covered up as was made clear at the time. The government deliberately lied and misrepresented daily deaths - and hence the severity of the pandemic - when they should have been doing the exact opposite.

It IS possible t tell is someone is alive or dead - you don't have to wait weeks for it to be registered, particularly in an emergency - and it IS possible to compare daily actual deaths to the five year average...to gauge the daily effect of Covid... the government were doing all that - but chose to misrepresent reality to 'flatten the curve' by choosing registered deaths with covid as the cause, conveniently ignoring the community, just to make things even more ridiculous.

Embarrassingly of course their daily deaths now are far higher than the actual deaths - so the lies have caught up with them and made a ridiculous situation even worse.

As the bod from the admirable independent sage says - this has been the greatest failure in government for over 100 years.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 11:27 - Jun 20 with 749 viewslinhdi

More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 09:08 - Jun 20 by pointofblue

There was a briefing when it was said that care home deaths were and would be no more than 10% of the total, when (a)that % had already been exceeded and (b) evidence from other countries suggested it would end up around 25%. Which it did.
More than 1,000 people died every day from Covid in UK for 22 consecutive days on 11:47 - Jun 20 with 722 viewsBLUEBEAT

I wonder what will happen to the people responsible for the mis-management of this complete sh!tshow? 🤔

Absolutely fck all, I imagine.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024