Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is 'Dead Ringers' so limp compared to 'The Now Show' or 'The News Quiz? 12:48 - Jun 20 with 553 viewsWeWereZombies

Or even 'The Unbelievable Truth'? I know they cannot rely on visual clues in the way that impressionists on television can; all the same having to introduce the character they are imitating by name takes the bite out of the satire.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why is 'Dead Ringers' so limp compared to 'The Now Show' or 'The News Quiz? on 14:29 - Jun 20 with 504 viewsfactual_blue

It's very much the battenberg cake of radio comedy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why is 'Dead Ringers' so limp compared to 'The Now Show' or 'The News Quiz? on 14:51 - Jun 20 with 488 viewshampstead_blue

Agree.

The jokes on Dead Ringers are rather thin I find. It's almost as if they, and other comics, are scared of offending anyone....God forbid someone is offended.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why is 'Dead Ringers' so limp compared to 'The Now Show' or 'The News Quiz? on 17:05 - Jun 20 with 436 viewseireblue

Why is 'Dead Ringers' so limp compared to 'The Now Show' or 'The News Quiz? on 14:51 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

Agree.

The jokes on Dead Ringers are rather thin I find. It's almost as if they, and other comics, are scared of offending anyone....God forbid someone is offended.....

Why do you write things like “be nice”/“play nice”, if you are not precious about offence, on some of your posts then?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 18:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024