Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn 17:45 - Jun 20 with 2763 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

One point off play offs. With a fairly ‘average’ Championship team.

Always good to see him doing well.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:00 - Jun 20 with 1956 viewsBlueBadger

We missed a trick not getting him in.

Still, the football's better now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:03 - Jun 20 with 1953 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

To be fair, he was touted for by some on here prior to Paul Hurst, when Blackburn were still in League 1 IIRC.

I think they're more than an average Championship team though, have some very goof players there: Tosin Adarabioyo, Bradley Johnson, Danny Graham, Adam Armstrong, Stewart Downings, Ben Brereton, Sam Gallagher, Lewis Hotlby (former Shalke, Hamburg, Tottenham).

It is a very good squad, and he is doing a very good with it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:10 - Jun 20 with 1935 viewsclive_baker

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:03 - Jun 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

To be fair, he was touted for by some on here prior to Paul Hurst, when Blackburn were still in League 1 IIRC.

I think they're more than an average Championship team though, have some very goof players there: Tosin Adarabioyo, Bradley Johnson, Danny Graham, Adam Armstrong, Stewart Downings, Ben Brereton, Sam Gallagher, Lewis Hotlby (former Shalke, Hamburg, Tottenham).

I'm reliably informed we did reach out to Mogga to replace MM at the back end of that season (circa April 2018). Blackburn went on to get promoted to the Championship a few weeks later and he opted to stay put, leaving us with going for Hurst. Had they not gone up things could've been very different.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:12 - Jun 20 with 1922 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:10 - Jun 20 by clive_baker

I'm reliably informed we did reach out to Mogga to replace MM at the back end of that season (circa April 2018). Blackburn went on to get promoted to the Championship a few weeks later and he opted to stay put, leaving us with going for Hurst. Had they not gone up things could've been very different.

I'm not surprised to be honest, it would have been the better move, in hind sight of course.

18 months later, of sour things look at this club compared to then now.

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:12 - Jun 20 with 1921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Mogga was unrealistic at the time, as he was about to get promoted to the Champ, and would he have wanted to leave Blackburn for Ipswich? Probably not.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:15 - Jun 20 with 1907 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I mean that is a very average championship squad. None of those players would have been considered top 6 championship players at the start of the season. When you look at the squad of Derby, Stoke, QPR, Boro etc

I would say they are overachieving

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:55 - Jun 20 with 1842 viewspatrickswell

And his club’s owners are footballing idiots, as well.
Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:58 - Jun 20 with 1829 viewsBent_double

Are the Venkys still owners there? They were hated by the fans initially weren't they, yet somehow they've managed to keep hold of Mogga and give him the funds to mount a promotion push to the PL.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 19:03 - Jun 20 with 1815 viewsTrumptonBlue

I wanted him to take over after Burley was sacked but apparently most wanted a clean break. I thought he did ok in the few matches he had in charge. He used a different formation, had his own ideas, looked like he could do a job.
Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 19:07 - Jun 20 with 1805 viewsSpruceMoose

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:00 - Jun 20 by BlueBadger

We missed a trick not getting him in.

Still, the football's better now.

And don't get me started about the match day experience! Bovril for days!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 1745 viewsSteve_M

Yes, I had heard that Mogga was top of Evans' list when MM went.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 20:54 - Jun 20 with 1700 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not sure about the reliability, but I heard similar. It may have been on here for all I remember. He was definitely touted by some on here.

I’ve no idea how he’s got them playing. Are they decent to watch does anyone know?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 21:04 - Jun 20 with 1670 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 18:15 - Jun 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

I mean that is a very average championship squad. None of those players would have been considered top 6 championship players at the start of the season. When you look at the squad of Derby, Stoke, QPR, Boro etc

I would say they are overachieving

None of those players would be considered top 6?

Bradley Dack? Bradley Johnson? Stewart Downing? Adam Armstrong? Lewis Holtby?

Head loss there.

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 21:06 - Jun 20 with 1666 viewsitfcjoe

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 21:04 - Jun 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Head loss there.

None of those would be considered top 6 Championship players.

Only exception may be Holtby but he had so long out and was hardly getting offers left right and centre

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 22:48 - Jun 20 with 1578 viewsbournemouthblue

A mate with a few links to the club reckons we have approached him every time we have looked for a manager but he hasn't felt the time was right

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 22:57 - Jun 20 with 1525 viewsCoastalblue

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 22:48 - Jun 20 by bournemouthblue

A mate with a few links to the club reckons we have approached him every time we have looked for a manager but he hasn't felt the time was right

I think that's about right, I don't think we've ever missed a trick with Mogga, he's just never wanted to come here, possibly never will.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 22:59 - Jun 20 with 1525 viewstractorboy1978

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 22:48 - Jun 20 by bournemouthblue

Hardly looks like it's going to be any time soon either!
Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:04 - Jun 20 with 1519 viewstractorboy1978

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 21:04 - Jun 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Head loss there.

It's a similar looking squad to the one MM had in 2014/15. Solid, well drilled, organised and has a couple of creative players in it. It's certainly not a squad you'd have as challenging for top 6 on paper.
Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:45 - Jun 20 with 1484 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 21:06 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

Only exception may be Holtby but he had so long out and was hardly getting offers left right and centre

You don't think Bradley Dack is a top 6 Championship player?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 23:45]

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:48 - Jun 20 with 1470 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:04 - Jun 20 by tractorboy1978

It's a similar looking squad to the one MM had in 2014/15. Solid, well drilled, organised and has a couple of creative players in it. It's certainly not a squad you'd have as challenging for top 6 on paper.

They have a squad better than average Championship footballers.

Douglas is an average championship player, Tabb is an average championship, Cole Skuse was an average championship. They wouldn't get a sniff in the Blackburn side.

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:49 - Jun 20 with 1469 viewstractordownsouth

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 21:06 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

You could make a case for Dack as well as Holtby, but the others definitely aren't.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:56 - Jun 20 with 1462 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:49 - Jun 20 by tractordownsouth

You could make a case for Dack as well as Holtby, but the others definitely aren't.

You don't think Adam Armstrong is a top 6 player?

'the others definitely aren't', according to who, you make that sound as if its factual because TBS has said it.

That made me chuckle.

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 07:14 - Jun 21 with 1368 viewsitfcjoe

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 23:45 - Jun 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

You don't think Bradley Dack is a top 6 Championship player?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 23:45]

No, I don’t think any clubs blessed with parachute payments would be looking to buy him - don’t get me wrong I rate him but it took him a long tome to get his big move and I don’t see him making it to the PL as that ship has sailed at 26/27 unless Blackburn get there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 07:36 - Jun 21 with 1348 viewstextbackup

I wouldn't want to see another legend have to work under that pr1ck evans and get poorly treated. like jim did

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 07:44 - Jun 21 with 1331 viewsbrogansnose

Mogga doing a brilliant job at Blackburn on 07:36 - Jun 21 by textbackup

I wouldn't want to see another legend have to work under that pr1ck evans and get poorly treated. like jim did

I suspect that he's a bit too cute to take the job under Evans and has politely palmed him off when he's been offered the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024