Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but 15:59 - Jun 21 with 13331 viewsgtsb1966

Please give me something positive to cling to. My youngest daughter has just been rushed to Addenbrokes with a suspected brain tumour. Give me some positives. I'm in bits. Do you see people in intensive care who survive this. Shouldn't put it on here but I live on my own and just need reassurance? I thought I was strong.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 16:06]
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:12 - Jun 21 with 7183 viewsjeera

I've opened a couple of cans gerry. Am sorry, otherwise I would have driven over.

Can you get someone to keep you company?

I don't know if anecdotes are any use, but I have a cousin who was diagnosed with a brain tumour as a small child of 7 years old. The family were warned he only had months.

He's now 38 with a family of his own and the technology compared to now mate is not comparable.

I do wish her well mate. Keep us informed and PM if you like.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:14 - Jun 21 with 7171 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey. Thoughts and best wishes for her buh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:19 - Jun 21 with 7161 viewsgtsb1966

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:12 - Jun 21 by jeera

I've opened a couple of cans gerry. Am sorry, otherwise I would have driven over.

Can you get someone to keep you company?

I don't know if anecdotes are any use, but I have a cousin who was diagnosed with a brain tumour as a small child of 7 years old. The family were warned he only had months.

He's now 38 with a family of his own and the technology compared to now mate is not comparable.

I do wish her well mate. Keep us informed and PM if you like.

Thanks mate. I was in Ipswich hospital earlier and held her hand. She was semi conscious and just kept letting out a cry of pain. It's the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. I couldn't even go to Addenbrokes with her. Can't stop crying. Not looking for sympathy..just people to talk to. P.s...lots of mates have said they would come over but thank you. Means a lot.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 16:21]
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:23 - Jun 21 with 7120 viewsjeera

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:19 - Jun 21 by gtsb1966

Thanks mate. I was in Ipswich hospital earlier and held her hand. She was semi conscious and just kept letting out a cry of pain. It's the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. I couldn't even go to Addenbrokes with her. Can't stop crying. Not looking for sympathy..just people to talk to. P.s...lots of mates have said they would come over but thank you. Means a lot.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 16:21]

PM sent buh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:27 - Jun 21 with 7100 viewsfactual_blue

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:14 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey. Thoughts and best wishes for her buh.

Crikey - that's horrible.

All the very best to you both.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I know it sounds ridiculous and.... on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 7080 viewsBloots

….it's just words, but you must stay positive matey.

For both your own and your daughters sake, you really must.

I'm not any sort of expert, but there are so many variables involved in conditions like this that there is always hope of a treatment plan and a recovery, medical technology has progressed so much that you should always have hope.

You've said that you thought you were strong, I'm sure you are, so stay strong.

Good luck isn't the right phrase, but you know what I mean.

X

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 7072 viewsm14_blue

Jesus.

All the best mate, we’re all with you.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:55 - Jun 21 with 7012 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We all vary on opinions from time to time, however I think in times like this I can say the TWTD family is unanimously with you, praying for you, your family and daughter.

Stay strong.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 16:55]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:56 - Jun 21 with 7010 viewsFixed_It

Sending best wishes. All cases are different obviously but my brother had a brain tumour removed in Addenbrookes a few years back. He made a remarkable recovery with no side-effects. All I can say is your daughter is in the best possible hands. Take care!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:56 - Jun 21 with 7040 viewsBlueBadger

I'm PM-ing as well to make sure this has the best chance of getting through.

Outcome's going to depend on the size, age and location of the tumour - I've known people survive for a number of years after a treatment, hell, a former colleague of mine is working at A&E there after suffering one in her early 20's.Really sorry, can't be any more specific than that at this point.

From your post I'm guessing she's in ITU - early Intensive care in these cases is often of a 'protective' nature - we look to keep blood pressure low as this will keep cranial pressure(and thus, risk of pressure in the skull damaging the brain), so if you've been told she's in a coma(the word 'induced coma' may have been used) - and this will likely be to protect her.
This will involve her being sedated, placed on a ventilator and being attached to various other forms of close monitoring. They may, at some point have to shave her head(partially or fully) if surgery or EEG(electronic brainwave monitoring) leads need attaching.

They'll need to scan(almost certainly CT and probably MRI) and decide a course of management from there which I wouldn't like to speculate on.

With pandemic visiting measures in place, it's going to be a pretty bloody awful wait for phone calls for you(sorry, can't sugar-coat that), I'm afraid - as a general rule 'no news is good news', but this is by no means gospel.

Addenbrooke's should have some kind of family liason service set up so you can get in contact for advice about how she's doing via phone - they should be able to set up some kind of password system so you can get phone updates or even, if appropriate, make Zoom calls when it's right to do so.

Next 24-72 hours will probably be key in establishing how things will go, but again, this not a hard-and-fast rule.

My guess is your daughter is somewhere between teens and early 30's? so will probably have her age in her favour. The fact that they've rushed her over there quick sharpish is possibly encouraging in itself(neurosurgeons and neurologists are notoriously choosy with their patients).

She is MOST definitely in the right place, he fact that they've rushed her over there quick sharpish is potentially encouraging in itself(neurosurgeons and neurologists are notoriously choosy with their patients).

I'm sorry I can't offer you very much by way of specifics and good news, that said, my guess is your daughter is somewhere between teens and early 30's? so will probably have her age in her favour. The fact that they've rushed her over there quick sharpish is possibly encouraging in itself(neurosurgeons and neurologists are notoriously choosy with their patients).

These brilliant people are a superb source of support and advice - I can speak from persoanl experience here after a family member suffered a cranial bleed last year

Finally, make sure you're looking after yourself - if there's a friend or relative who can safely visit or stay with you(or you with them) do that. Certainly keep in touch with friends and family. Make sure you are looking after yourself - ensure you're eating, drinking and resting(I never say 'sleep' - that's going to difficult), try to avoid drugs and alcohol as best you can but be realistic with yourself about this - if you need a beer or smoke do that, just don't go mad.

You're more than welcome to drop me a PM if you have specific questions - I can't get too technical regarding her condition as, like I say, neurology and neurosurgery are not my strongest fields of knowledge.
I did find that these brilliant people can be a great source of support - they certainly were for myself and MRs Badger when a family member suffered a cranial bleed last year:

https://www.headway.org.uk/about-brain-injury/individuals/types-of-brain-injury/

All the very best to you and your family.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 17:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:01 - Jun 21 with 6985 viewsgtsb1966

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:56 - Jun 21 by BlueBadger

I'm PM-ing as well to make sure this has the best chance of getting through.

Outcome's going to depend on the size, age and location of the tumour - I've known people survive for a number of years after a treatment, hell, a former colleague of mine is working at A&E there after suffering one in her early 20's.Really sorry, can't be any more specific than that at this point.

From your post I'm guessing she's in ITU - early Intensive care in these cases is often of a 'protective' nature - we look to keep blood pressure low as this will keep cranial pressure(and thus, risk of pressure in the skull damaging the brain), so if you've been told she's in a coma(the word 'induced coma' may have been used) - and this will likely be to protect her.
This will involve her being sedated, placed on a ventilator and being attached to various other forms of close monitoring. They may, at some point have to shave her head(partially or fully) if surgery or EEG(electronic brainwave monitoring) leads need attaching.

They'll need to scan(almost certainly CT and probably MRI) and decide a course of management from there which I wouldn't like to speculate on.

With pandemic visiting measures in place, it's going to be a pretty bloody awful wait for phone calls for you(sorry, can't sugar-coat that), I'm afraid - as a general rule 'no news is good news', but this is by no means gospel.

Addenbrooke's should have some kind of family liason service set up so you can get in contact for advice about how she's doing via phone - they should be able to set up some kind of password system so you can get phone updates or even, if appropriate, make Zoom calls when it's right to do so.

Next 24-72 hours will probably be key in establishing how things will go, but again, this not a hard-and-fast rule.

My guess is your daughter is somewhere between teens and early 30's? so will probably have her age in her favour. The fact that they've rushed her over there quick sharpish is possibly encouraging in itself(neurosurgeons and neurologists are notoriously choosy with their patients).

She is MOST definitely in the right place, he fact that they've rushed her over there quick sharpish is potentially encouraging in itself(neurosurgeons and neurologists are notoriously choosy with their patients).

I'm sorry I can't offer you very much by way of specifics and good news, that said, my guess is your daughter is somewhere between teens and early 30's? so will probably have her age in her favour. The fact that they've rushed her over there quick sharpish is possibly encouraging in itself(neurosurgeons and neurologists are notoriously choosy with their patients).

These brilliant people are a superb source of support and advice - I can speak from persoanl experience here after a family member suffered a cranial bleed last year

Finally, make sure you're looking after yourself - if there's a friend or relative who can safely visit or stay with you(or you with them) do that. Certainly keep in touch with friends and family. Make sure you are looking after yourself - ensure you're eating, drinking and resting(I never say 'sleep' - that's going to difficult), try to avoid drugs and alcohol as best you can but be realistic with yourself about this - if you need a beer or smoke do that, just don't go mad.

You're more than welcome to drop me a PM if you have specific questions - I can't get too technical regarding her condition as, like I say, neurology and neurosurgery are not my strongest fields of knowledge.
I did find that these brilliant people can be a great source of support - they certainly were for myself and MRs Badger when a family member suffered a cranial bleed last year:

https://www.headway.org.uk/about-brain-injury/individuals/types-of-brain-injury/

All the very best to you and your family.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 17:10]

Thank you very much. I appreciate all that I really do. She is 29 and ironically an NHS worker. Once again thank you.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:02 - Jun 21 with 6971 viewsBlueBadger

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:01 - Jun 21 by gtsb1966

Thank you very much. I appreciate all that I really do. She is 29 and ironically an NHS worker. Once again thank you.

No trouble, you know where we all are.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 17:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:05 - Jun 21 with 6961 viewsSpruceMoose

Just wanted to say that this resonates personally with me, and that I'll keep you in my thoughts. Take care mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:16 - Jun 21 with 6921 viewsfabian_illness

Thinking of you mate.
Stay positive, be strong and battle through with her.
Best wishes.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:24 - Jun 21 with 6882 viewsNewcyBlue

We are all here for you mate.

Look after yourself and if you need anything give any one of us a shout.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:27 - Jun 21 with 6866 viewsSteve_M

Not very much I can add to the sensible words and advice you have already received but my very best wishes to your daughter and you.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:35 - Jun 21 with 6830 viewsvapour_trail

Wow that’s dreadful. All the best gtsb, I hope you get positive outcomes.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:35 - Jun 21 with 6831 viewsAce_High1

All the best, try and keep positive as best you can and look after yourself so you can be there for her.

Thinking of you both.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:41 - Jun 21 with 6811 viewsPJH

I have nothing to say that will help but best wishes to your daughter and yourself.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:51 - Jun 21 with 6752 viewsDanTheMan

Just want to say I hope it all goes well for her.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:53 - Jun 21 with 6744 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s absolutely awful to read, fingers crossed for her and wishing you all the best

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:59 - Jun 21 with 6721 viewsEdwardStone

Best wishes for you both

Please keep us posted if you have a spare moment
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:01 - Jun 21 with 6715 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

All I can offer you is that my current season ticket pal probably shouldn't have watched the last 10 years and I fully expect him to see a few more!
At least some visiting is allowed now too...what you are thinking of as not being strong is just being human.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:17 - Jun 21 with 6664 viewspistonbroke

Hi , I’ve had differences with blue badger in the past but I do know people he has worked with and firstly let me say he is a brilliant doctor and physician no matter what he says

Really sorry to hear about your personal circumstances but honest she is with brilliant people and if anyone can help her I can gaurentee the staff at addenbrooks will
True story now so never give up hope , about 15 year ago my best mates brother was given 3 month to live , , had severe cancer , anyway 15 years later he is still alive doing well and has fathered a child after all the chemo that is meant to make you sterile
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:17 - Jun 21 with 6647 viewsKropotkin123

I wish her, and by extension yourself, well.

Here is the perfect place to put it, everyone will be rooting for you.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024