Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Evans 09:54 - Jun 22 with 4375 viewsWickets

What is it with the Gillingham manager and his inferiority complex regards Town ? I see he is in the PBoro press giving it large regards the value of Ivan Toney and the fact that he only took him to Boro because we outbidded him for Jackson ! A couple of weeks ago he was giving it large regards finishing above us and remember him acting like a big kid in the away match last season. I also remember him having a go at Mick while he was Town manager a while back .Makes one wonder if he has applied for our managers job in the past and not even got an interview ?
Steve Evans on 10:08 - Jun 22 with 3609 viewsArnieM

Well if you looked like him, you’d have an inferiority complex wouldn’t you !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Steve Evans on 10:08 - Jun 22 with 3608 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He has done a good job a Gillingham this year. Better season than we had.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Steve Evans on 10:10 - Jun 22 with 3593 viewsWickets

Steve Evans on 10:08 - Jun 22 by ArnieM

Did you notice how i cleverly made no reference to how he looks !
Steve Evans on 10:13 - Jun 22 with 3576 viewsWickets

Steve Evans on 10:08 - Jun 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

He has done a good job a Gillingham this year. Better season than we had.

Thanks for pointing that out but does it bear any relevance towards his possible inferiority towards Town ?
Steve Evans on 10:18 - Jun 22 with 3562 viewsIpswichKnight

It's peak Ipswich that the only reason they finished above us was that they took a player who couldn't even make our bench when we had ZERO fit strikers and he propelled them above us by doing something were not very good at....scoring goals!
Steve Evans on 10:21 - Jun 22 with 3547 viewsGuthrum

We do seem to be something of a bogey club for him. I have the impression we have inflicted a number of defeats on teams coached by Evans, to his very public frustration at the time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Steve Evans on 11:30 - Jun 22 with 3376 viewsLibero

Steve Evans on 10:21 - Jun 22 by Guthrum

We do seem to be something of a bogey club for him. I have the impression we have inflicted a number of defeats on teams coached by Evans, to his very public frustration at the time.

Steve Evans is very much disliked on my wife’s side of the family due to his conduct towards an extended family member when both were managers in the Conference.

They all support West Ham and in recent years only talk about a Ipswich Town as a “historic” club, however whenever we slap an Evans side they are sure to drop a congratulations text filled with expletives about the depth (or lack there of) of Evans integrity.

F*ck knows how he’s become a league manager after what he pulled at Boston. One of football’s real crooks.
Steve Evans on 12:41 - Jun 22 with 3241 viewspatrickswell

"Toney cost Posh under £400k, whereas Ipswich spent £1.5 million on Jackson."

Paul Hurst - footballing genius....
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Evans on 13:08 - Jun 22 with 3163 viewsWickets

Steve Evans on 12:41 - Jun 22 by patrickswell

Yup that's what he is quoted as saying apart from the Paul Hurst bit .
Steve Evans on 13:17 - Jun 22 with 3134 viewsWickets

Steve Evans on 10:18 - Jun 22 by IpswichKnight

It's peak Ipswich that the only reason they finished above us was that they took a player who couldn't even make our bench when we had ZERO fit strikers and he propelled them above us by doing something were not very good at....scoring goals!

I am no lover of Paul Hurst who was of course well out of his depth as a Championship manager buy i suppose he would remind us that the striker you refer to was brought to Town and cost nowt as i think he was out of contract ! Funny old game .
Steve Evans on 13:19 - Jun 22 with 3127 viewsPhilTWTD

Steve Evans on 12:41 - Jun 22 by patrickswell

Posh had agreed to pay the same fee for Jackson before we nipped in and nabbed him. He was actually there having a medical when we came in for him.
Steve Evans on 13:27 - Jun 22 with 3085 viewsHerbivore

He's a fat crook, I don't really care what he has to say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Steve Evans on 13:58 - Jun 22 with 3018 viewsIpswichKnight

Steve Evans on 13:17 - Jun 22 by Wickets

I am no lover of Paul Hurst who was of course well out of his depth as a Championship manager buy i suppose he would remind us that the striker you refer to was brought to Town and cost nowt as i think he was out of contract ! Funny old game .

It is Saint it really is! Roberts actually looked quite useful bossing U23 and League 1 reserve defences in the EFL trophy, he obviously didn't fit in with Lamberts style ( answers on a postcard as to exactly what that is btw ) .
Steve Evans on 14:09 - Jun 22 with 2989 viewssolemio

Steve Evans on 10:08 - Jun 22 by ArnieM

He hasn't got an inferiority complex. He's genuinely inferior.
Steve Evans on 14:20 - Jun 22 with 2958 viewspatrickswell

Steve Evans on 13:19 - Jun 22 by PhilTWTD

Posh had agreed to pay the same fee for Jackson before we nipped in and nabbed him. He was actually there having a medical when we came in for him.

Fair enough and there is of course every likelihood that he would have looked just as much below standard in the Championship as Jackson and Harrison did.
Steve Evans on 14:39 - Jun 22 with 2907 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m loathe to defend the man as he’s equal parts crook and c*nt however looking at the below quotes I’m struggling to see how the below is in any way obsessed or showing a complex towards us? Will be delighted to be corrected if I’m missing something

“But before anything happened with Ivan, Kayden Jackson became available and me and the chairman fancied him as well. We thought we’d done a deal with Accrington for him until Ipswich stepped in and took him so all our attention switched to Ivan and luckily we got him out of Newcastle. I’d seen him play for Scunthorpe at the end of the previous season and he was virtually a one-man team. I was confident he would become a star and I can honestly see him leading the line at a Premier League club or at the biggest Championship club, Leeds United right now.“

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Steve Evans on 15:04 - Jun 22 with 2873 viewsBlueBadger

Just like everything Town do nowadays, we have a limper, chepaer even more rubbish version of something from our glorious past.

Steve Evans is a cut-price Sam Allardyce, for example. A awful fat crook who somehow still manages to ultimately do better than us.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 15:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Steve Evans on 15:08 - Jun 22 with 2853 viewsPhilTWTD

Steve Evans on 10:18 - Jun 22 by IpswichKnight

Not sure his goals made that much of a difference, he scored twice in a 2-2 draw with Rochdale. Agree that he might have been useful to have here when we were short of strikers though. He played one minute in the league for us this season, incidentally.
Steve Evans on 15:27 - Jun 22 with 2811 viewsNthQldITFC

Steve Evans on 10:10 - Jun 22 by Wickets

Did you notice how i cleverly made no reference to how he looks !

You needn't have bothered, he's pretty thick-skinned.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Steve Evans on 15:47 - Jun 22 with 2775 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Steve Evans on 16:40 - Jun 22 with 2719 viewsOldsmoker

Steve Evans on 15:47 - Jun 22 by BryanPlug

But who would want to clean the toilet afterwards?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Steve Evans on 18:41 - Jun 22 with 2629 viewsWickets

Steve Evans on 14:39 - Jun 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m loathe to defend the man as he’s equal parts crook and c*nt however looking at the below quotes I’m struggling to see how the below is in any way obsessed or showing a complex towards us? Will be delighted to be corrected if I’m missing something

“But before anything happened with Ivan, Kayden Jackson became available and me and the chairman fancied him as well. We thought we’d done a deal with Accrington for him until Ipswich stepped in and took him so all our attention switched to Ivan and luckily we got him out of Newcastle. I’d seen him play for Scunthorpe at the end of the previous season and he was virtually a one-man team. I was confident he would become a star and I can honestly see him leading the line at a Premier League club or at the biggest Championship club, Leeds United right now.“

On its own you would not give it a second thought but as i said its about the fourth time ,cant quite remember but he was quoted as giving it large regards finishing above us and remarking on a big budget club unable to reach the play off's also his bust ups with PL and previously Mick . I look forward to his digs next year ,
Steve Evans on 18:44 - Jun 22 with 2621 viewsLibero

Steve Evans on 15:47 - Jun 22 by BryanPlug

FFS, he’s a literal criminal.
Steve Evans on 19:27 - Jun 22 with 2575 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Steve Evans on 18:41 - Jun 22 by Wickets

On its own you would not give it a second thought but as i said its about the fourth time ,cant quite remember but he was quoted as giving it large regards finishing above us and remarking on a big budget club unable to reach the play off's also his bust ups with PL and previously Mick . I look forward to his digs next year ,

Seriously, if you think that is in any way a dig I think you need to give your head a wobble

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Steve Evans on 21:01 - Jun 22 with 2498 viewsWickets

Steve Evans on 19:27 - Jun 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Seriously, if you think that is in any way a dig I think you need to give your head a wobble

I have wobbled my head and you could be right , maybe its just a bit of self promotion as he could just be pointing out to PBoro what a wonderfull job he did for them and how stupid they where to show him the door .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024