Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? 14:27 - Jun 22 with 1077 viewsGeoffSentence

Times Radio is due to go live at 6am next Monday. Sounds like it could be an interesting alternative to Radio 4. I shall certainly be giving it a blast on Sundays when R4 turns into a Christian network.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:36 - Jun 22 with 1039 viewsuefacup81

Won't it essentially be Tory FM, though?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:38 - Jun 22 with 1034 viewsRyorry

Not heard of it - is it the Times newspaper extending onto the airwaves or something?

And "on Sundays when R4 turns into a Christian network." - really? when? Listen regularly, & apart from a morning service (which I think is confined to LW or MW anyway?) - can't say I've noticed it doing that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:43 - Jun 22 with 1026 viewshampstead_blue

Looking at the list of presenters I am.

Hopefully the Editorial policy will be centralist and give the talent chance to flex their intellect.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:44 - Jun 22 with 1017 viewsLankHenners

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:36 - Jun 22 by uefacup81

Yes, going by the list of presenters.

Amber Rudd and her daughter are on there ffs.

Not sure if they still plan on having Giles Coren, after he was (for about the dozenth time) outed for previous racist and misogynistic statements made both online and in his columns.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 16:13 - Jun 22 with 948 viewsMeadowlark

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:44 - Jun 22 by LankHenners

Yes, going by the list of presenters.

Amber Rudd and her daughter are on there ffs.

Not sure if they still plan on having Giles Coren, after he was (for about the dozenth time) outed for previous racist and misogynistic statements made both online and in his columns.

If it's anything like The Times, then it will be extreme right-wing Tory propaganda. I buy the paper on a Saturday, but it's purely for the crossword, which I often fail to complete these days.

Giles Coren deliberately says offensive stuff because he's parodying that stereotype rather than actually believing it, but he does it in such a way that a lot of gullible people are taken in. What would be the point otherwise?

Disagree? Good. This is a public forum and I'd be disappointed if you didn't.
Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 16:28 - Jun 22 with 916 viewsLankHenners

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 16:13 - Jun 22 by Meadowlark

If it's anything like The Times, then it will be extreme right-wing Tory propaganda. I buy the paper on a Saturday, but it's purely for the crossword, which I often fail to complete these days.

Giles Coren deliberately says offensive stuff because he's parodying that stereotype rather than actually believing it, but he does it in such a way that a lot of gullible people are taken in. What would be the point otherwise?

Disagree? Good. This is a public forum and I'd be disappointed if you didn't.

Bit odd to sweep aside a long history of using racist dogwhistles (and sometimes more overt than that) as "parody".

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1046399439642996739.html

What would be the point you ask? There isn't one, he's just a massive dickhead.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 16:31 - Jun 22 with 909 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:36 - Jun 22 by uefacup81

COuld be, but I will give it a chance. Even if it is it will be of more interest to me than God FM which is what R4 becomes over the weekend, and they even sneak a fair bit of it in during the week too.

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 16:31 - Jun 22 with 901 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone planning on giving Times Radio a listen? on 14:38 - Jun 22 by Ryorry

Not heard of it - is it the Times newspaper extending onto the airwaves or something?

And "on Sundays when R4 turns into a Christian network." - really? when? Listen regularly, & apart from a morning service (which I think is confined to LW or MW anyway?) - can't say I've noticed it doing that.

Yes, it is basically that. A radio arm for the Times newspaper.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024