Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas 09:32 - Jun 23 with 4156 viewsvapour_trail

All getting the green light today by the looks of it.

So what does that leave closed? Gyms, hairdressers and schools?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:34 - Jun 23 with 2424 viewsChutney

Good news.

Haridressers will also reopen I believe. Re. Schools it's nearly summer hols, I wouldn't expect much to change on that front until September.

Gyms / Swimming pools no idea, although I wouldn't fancy using either at this stage TBH.
Massage parlours? (n/t) on 09:36 - Jun 23 with 2416 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Massage parlours? (n/t) on 09:39 - Jun 23 with 2406 viewsvapour_trail

Massage parlours? (n/t) on 09:36 - Jun 23 by Bloots

I’ve been having a clap for them each Thursday.

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:42 - Jun 23 with 2383 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The green light allows pubs to open in c.2 weeks.

With sensible measures in place.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Massage parlours? (n/t) on 09:44 - Jun 23 with 2375 viewsKeno

Massage parlours? (n/t) on 09:36 - Jun 23 by Bloots

Having posted that do you really expect this thread too have a happy ending?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:44 - Jun 23 with 2373 viewsgiant_stow

And holiday accommodation - there must be more than a few people busting to get away.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:46 - Jun 23 with 2354 viewsChutney

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:44 - Jun 23 by giant_stow

And holiday accommodation - there must be more than a few people busting to get away.

I hope so, and I hope the absence of foreign holidays gives people some reason to put their hands in their pocket and support the domestic economy and hospitality sector. We're all participants in that.
Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:47 - Jun 23 with 2345 viewsvapour_trail

My august flights to Miami were finally, thankfully cancelled this morning, so I imagine Branson will repay me in about six months.

I’m hoping we can hop to Europe but if not maybe a little staycation in Burnley.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't hold your breath.... on 09:51 - Jun 23 with 2314 viewsBloots

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:47 - Jun 23 by vapour_trail

My august flights to Miami were finally, thankfully cancelled this morning, so I imagine Branson will repay me in about six months.

I’m hoping we can hop to Europe but if not maybe a little staycation in Burnley.

….mine were officially cancelled a month ago and they are still responding to every communication with the same email/text saying that I can rebook if I want.

The beardy knobber.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:53 - Jun 23 with 2305 viewsLibero

I cannot get my head around that.
I understand that restrictions are being eased but it's purely for financial reasons.
Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:02 - Jun 23 with 2274 viewsfooters

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 09:46 - Jun 23 by Chutney

I hope so, and I hope the absence of foreign holidays gives people some reason to put their hands in their pocket and support the domestic economy and hospitality sector. We're all participants in that.

Mother footers works for a domestic holiday company. They've been inundated with bookings from 4th July onwards. However, many are upset that pools will not be open and are not happy, despite the 20% discount already offered to those rebooking by way of compensation.

But to be fair, they've also been ringing in demanding to know when lockdown will be lifted (as if someone on the end of the phone would know) and complaining that their holidays were cancelled in the first place.

Bunch of prats.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:08 - Jun 23 with 2240 viewsKeno

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:02 - Jun 23 by footers

Mother footers works for a domestic holiday company. They've been inundated with bookings from 4th July onwards. However, many are upset that pools will not be open and are not happy, despite the 20% discount already offered to those rebooking by way of compensation.

But to be fair, they've also been ringing in demanding to know when lockdown will be lifted (as if someone on the end of the phone would know) and complaining that their holidays were cancelled in the first place.

Bunch of prats.

My son-in-law works for travel company and has been amazed at how many people seem to think he know when UK travel restrictions will be lifted and assume that its fault they cant travel to (add name of place to suit).

Its easy to forget just how dumb, demanding and annoying Joe Public can be

I took a bit of a gamble a few weeks ago.... on 10:08 - Jun 23 with 2237 viewsBloots

….and booked up a cottage in Cornwall for August.

There was already slim pickings then, and now they are very hard to find.

It actually worked out more expensive than my planned week in New York.

Meh.

I didn't know that "Public" was Joe's surname..... on 10:09 - Jun 23 with 2232 viewsBloots

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:08 - Jun 23 by Keno

My son-in-law works for travel company and has been amazed at how many people seem to think he know when UK travel restrictions will be lifted and assume that its fault they cant travel to (add name of place to suit).

….but yeah, you're right.

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:12 - Jun 23 with 2230 viewsHerbivore

There won't be an absence of foreign holidays, several European countries have reopened their borders even to us with our comparatively high infection rate. Flights are picking up again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:12 - Jun 23 with 2230 viewsfooters

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:08 - Jun 23 by Keno

It's bad, buh. The amount of aggro mother and her colleagues have received is mind boggling. I understand that people aren't happy, but why they can't understand that a) it's a global pandemic and their boating holiday on the Fens isn't really that important right now and b) a company employee doesn't know everything is bizarre. Respect don't cost nuffink.

Although Mother did make one very angry man apologise for his awful conduct last week, which was amusing. As ever, a complete tit on email but soft as sh1t when confronted on the phone.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 2216 viewsMullet

I've got a cottage booked from months ago in this country. Not heard a peep via air bnb so I assume he has been gambling on announcements coming before the summer.

Will be nice to get away, but rubbish if I am stuck in a pokey old farm cottage with nothing to do for a week.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:21 - Jun 23 with 2193 views26_Paz

Great news re boozers, I need a proper pint!

The Paz Man

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:37 - Jun 23 with 2155 viewsChutney

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:12 - Jun 23 by Herbivore

There won't be an absence of foreign holidays, several European countries have reopened their borders even to us with our comparatively high infection rate. Flights are picking up again.

We're talking tiny numbers compared to a typical year. It'll take an awfully long time for international travel to get back to anything close to what it was before.
Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:38 - Jun 23 with 2155 viewsKieran_Knows

If the hairdressers don't open I think I may well have to riot. 14 weeks no haircut, getting beyond a joke now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:42 - Jun 23 with 2134 viewsKeno

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:38 - Jun 23 by Kieran_Knows

If the hairdressers don't open I think I may well have to riot. 14 weeks no haircut, getting beyond a joke now.

your latest picture

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:42 - Jun 23 with 2128 viewsKieran_Knows

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:42 - Jun 23 by Keno

your latest picture

Not far off to be honest!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas on 10:46 - Jun 23 with 2119 viewsSteve_M

Not sure that everyone will be re-opening as normal:

http://www.alexrushmer.com/blog/2020/6/23/why-i-wont-be-re-opening-my-restaurant

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Massage parlours? (n/t) on 10:54 - Jun 23 with 2092 viewsuefacup81

Massage parlours? (n/t) on 09:39 - Jun 23 by vapour_trail

I’ve been having a clap for them each Thursday.

Certainly better to give than receive, eh?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Don't hold your breath.... on 11:03 - Jun 23 with 2076 viewsTractorWood

Don't hold your breath.... on 09:51 - Jun 23 by Bloots

….mine were officially cancelled a month ago and they are still responding to every communication with the same email/text saying that I can rebook if I want.

The beardy knobber.

Mine from early May still hasn't been repaid. 120 days is the refund timeline allegedly.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024