Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager 13:43 - Jun 23 with 7542 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We live in hope

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 4139 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be up for that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 13:57 - Jun 23 with 4134 viewsSpruceMoose

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 13:54 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd be up for that.

Yeah why not? I'm in. I'd love it if he started off here and then went on to bigger things after helping us improve. We're in League One, it's not like he can start much lower...

Lambert Out. Dyer In.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:01 - Jun 23 with 4108 viewsBlueBadger

*With Burley as DoF.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 14:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:03 - Jun 23 with 4093 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 13:57 - Jun 23 by SpruceMoose

Yeah why not? I'm in. I'd love it if he started off here and then went on to bigger things after helping us improve. We're in League One, it's not like he can start much lower...

Lambert Out. Dyer In.

Let's face it, it'd hard to argue that even Roy Keane wouldn't be an improvement on Lamebert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:05 - Jun 23 with 4082 viewsSpruceMoose

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:03 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

Let's face it, it'd hard to argue that even Roy Keane wouldn't be an improvement on Lamebert.

Roy Keane's dogs could do a better job - as player managers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:05 - Jun 23 with 4087 viewsKeno

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:03 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

you could argue Keane as Manager, Jewell as DOF, Wurst as assistant and Douglas as fitness coach would be an improvement

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:14 - Jun 23 with 4058 viewsSpruceMoose

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:05 - Jun 23 by Keno

you could argue Keane as Manager, Jewell as DOF, Wurst as assistant and Douglas as fitness coach would be an improvement

I still think we could find a role for Lambert as Head of Match Day Experience, Media Engagement and Constant Reminiscing though.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:19 - Jun 23 with 4038 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:14 - Jun 23 by SpruceMoose

I still think we could find a role for Lambert as Head of Match Day Experience, Media Engagement and Constant Reminiscing though.

You forgot 'with Special Interest in German Football' in that job title.

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:19 - Jun 23 with 4038 viewspointofblue

Just a risk that he hasn’t had any managerial experience already but, then again, that hardly helped with Hurst or Lambert!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:28 - Jun 23 with 4010 viewsRyorry

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:19 - Jun 23 by pointofblue

Just a risk that he hasn’t had any managerial experience already but, then again, that hardly helped with Hurst or Lambert!

Well, after Academy coach & U18s assistant Mgr, a Lge 1 side would be next logical step up. Or if Evans won't play ball re Lambert, Lambert could always take KD on as his assistant? All unlikely I guess, but what have you got if you haven't got hope?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:02 - Jun 23 with 3950 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:28 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

Well, after Academy coach & U18s assistant Mgr, a Lge 1 side would be next logical step up. Or if Evans won't play ball re Lambert, Lambert could always take KD on as his assistant? All unlikely I guess, but what have you got if you haven't got hope?

KD could do the coaching, tactics, team selection and motivation and Lambert does the pressers?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:05 - Jun 23 with 3941 viewsRyorry

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:02 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

KD could do the coaching, tactics, team selection and motivation and Lambert does the pressers?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:06 - Jun 23 with 3934 viewsBluefish

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:28 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

Why would we want KD learning off the worst football manager in the UK that is currently employed?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:11 - Jun 23 with 3917 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:06 - Jun 23 by Bluefish

Why would we want KD learning off the worst football manager in the UK that is currently employed?

We could employ him with the brief 'whatever PRP does, do the opposite'?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:12 - Jun 23 with 3920 viewsRyorry

Fair point, but I don't imagine him as learning off PL (except maybe some of the practical stuff on transfers etc) - more a situation of feeding his own ideas & thoughts into PL's shell-likes.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:13 - Jun 23 with 3905 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:12 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

Fair point, but I don't imagine him as learning off PL (except maybe some of the practical stuff on transfers etc) - more a situation of feeding his own ideas & thoughts into PL's shell-likes.

But he doesn't listen to the assistant he has NOW, why would he listen to a rookie like Kieron?

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:24 - Jun 23 with 3887 viewsKropotkin123

Reminded me of the following

HHGttG - Old Woman in a Cave

“It's the story of my life. You see, the quality of any advice anybody has to offer has to be judged against the quality of life they actually lead. Now, as you look through this document you'll see that I've underlined all the major decisions I ever made to make them stand out. They're all indexed and cross-referenced. See? All I can suggest is that if you take decisions that are exactly opposite to the sort of decisions that I've taken, then maybe you won't finish up at the end of your life" - she paused, and filled her lungs for a good should - "in a smelly old cave like this!”

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:29 - Jun 23 with 3865 viewsRyorry

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:13 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

But he doesn't listen to the assistant he has NOW, why would he listen to a rookie like Kieron?

Well if he's got any sense he'd grasp the input of fresh ideas & be grateful, given the results achieved with current assistant & clearly going nowhere with the same old, same old stale stuff.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:31 - Jun 23 with 3849 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 15:29 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

Well if he's got any sense he'd grasp the input of fresh ideas & be grateful, given the results achieved with current assistant & clearly going nowhere with the same old, same old stale stuff.

I salute your optimism, here.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:10 - Jun 23 with 3785 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 13:57 - Jun 23 by SpruceMoose

Lambert Out. Dyer In.

Crikey, we agree on something.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:12 - Jun 23 with 3780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 14:19 - Jun 23 by pointofblue

Everyone needs to be given their first chance.

And let's face is, as mid table League 1 club... we are not above giving people their first managerial opportunity.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:35 - Jun 23 with 3723 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Played under some Ipswich managerial legends...

Burley!!

Sir bobby!!

...Paul Jewell...

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:40 - Jun 23 with 3715 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If he was to be given the job I would back him but I really don't think so. Not unless he has matured an awful lot more than I have been led to believe.

I do think the right untried individual might be a good idea but we really do need to get it right. Someone who will demand respect and has the maturity to listen to good advice. Someone in the mould of Mogga (I always wanted us to go with him when Burley left). I am not sure who around the club that might be. Maybe going a little further afield would be a good idea. I would love someone in the mould of James Collins, Micah Richards or Liam Rosenior but would any of them want to manage us?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:43 - Jun 23 with 3700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:40 - Jun 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

If he was to be given the job I would back him but I really don't think so. Not unless he has matured an awful lot more than I have been led to believe.

I do think the right untried individual might be a good idea but we really do need to get it right. Someone who will demand respect and has the maturity to listen to good advice. Someone in the mould of Mogga (I always wanted us to go with him when Burley left). I am not sure who around the club that might be. Maybe going a little further afield would be a good idea. I would love someone in the mould of James Collins, Micah Richards or Liam Rosenior but would any of them want to manage us?

He always seems to interview well, I don't see why he should be judged on his behaviour 20 years ago.

Of course he needs to have the right credentials, but I'm not sure what suggests that's not the case.

Not sure why Collins, Richards or Rosenior would be better candidates.

Kieron Dyer for Ipswich manager on 16:45 - Jun 23 with 3699 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Playing devil's advocate....

What are his credentials?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024