Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone following Johnson's briefing? 17:56 - Jun 23 with 1270 viewsSwansea_Blue

Load of meaningless waffle from what I can see.

Whitty and Valance are back though, and adding a welcome cautionary note to Johnson's jingoism. Johnson also seems to have painted himself into a corner wanting people to both go out and interact, whilst simultaneously not. He's aiming for the positive and bullish, but it's not landing very well for me.

I don't think we'll miss these.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 17:59 - Jun 23 with 1255 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just said he wants to see a massive increase in 1-2-1 teaching after this all settles down. Good luck if you're a teacher with a class of 37!

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:02 - Jun 23 with 1230 viewsSwansea_Blue

And to wrap up, "the only way to beat it [the virus] is to stay alert, follow the guidance [to 'stay alert'] and save lives".

My bird baths are deeper.

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:04 - Jun 23 with 1207 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 17:59 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

Just said he wants to see a massive increase in 1-2-1 teaching after this all settles down. Good luck if you're a teacher with a class of 37!

Teach one different child every hour of the working day, and that's your working week sorted.

They'll learn just as much.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:10 - Jun 23 with 1181 viewsOldsmoker

I've just read on another site (yes I'm 2-timing all of you) that this is the last daily briefing.
Pointless moves back to BBC1. Normality has returned.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:12 - Jun 23 with 1166 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:10 - Jun 23 by Oldsmoker

I've just read on another site (yes I'm 2-timing all of you) that this is the last daily briefing.
Pointless moves back to BBC1. Normality has returned.

I thought we'd been watching pointless!

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:23 - Jun 23 with 1131 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 18:12 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

I thought we'd been watching pointless!

Johnson was certainly saying things that no-one else had thought of.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 22:37 - Jun 23 with 926 viewsmatteoblue

Have these briefings ever made sense? There has been so much hype, so much contradiction, so much waffle that it's very hard to take anything said at these briefings very seriously at all. Thank goodness it's the last one!

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 22:48 - Jun 23 with 913 viewsSuffolktractor

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 22:37 - Jun 23 by matteoblue

Have these briefings ever made sense? There has been so much hype, so much contradiction, so much waffle that it's very hard to take anything said at these briefings very seriously at all. Thank goodness it's the last one!

In a couple of days time people will be complaining that the government are keeping us in the dark and not explaining things to us.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 22:55 - Jun 23 with 890 viewsjeera

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 22:48 - Jun 23 by Suffolktractor

In a couple of days time people will be complaining that the government are keeping us in the dark and not explaining things to us.

You think the difference will be that noticeable?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:01 - Jun 23 with 871 viewsSuffolktractor

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 22:55 - Jun 23 by jeera

You think the difference will be that noticeable?

Probably not to be fair.
I think many people are now fed up and will just do what they want anyway.
Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:06 - Jun 23 with 858 viewsjeera

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:01 - Jun 23 by Suffolktractor

Probably not to be fair.
I think many people are now fed up and will just do what they want anyway.

I think you've probably got a point.

It's becoming more obvious isn't it?

Been tourists about where I live for the past week or so.

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:12 - Jun 23 with 845 viewsRocky

I am possibly alone then in thinking that government ministers should appear every day during the whole of this tragic pandemic to explain on a daily basis their current plans to alleviate it. I don't think we're at a lower enough level now to say " That's all, Folks".
Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:16 - Jun 23 with 838 viewsSuffolktractor

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:12 - Jun 23 by Rocky

I am possibly alone then in thinking that government ministers should appear every day during the whole of this tragic pandemic to explain on a daily basis their current plans to alleviate it. I don't think we're at a lower enough level now to say " That's all, Folks".

I agree, until we have got this down to a daily death toll in single figures I think they should be right on the pulse of this. If things start to go back up, then they need to take strong action immediately.
Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:17 - Jun 23 with 836 viewsjeera

Anyone following Johnson's briefing? on 23:12 - Jun 23 by Rocky

I'd agree if that had ever been a pattern to start with.

But having watched Hancock a few days ago trying to worm his way out of questions from an 18 year girl, who'd called in to question their competence, it just seemed pointless.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024