Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is PMQs a thing? 12:45 - Jun 24 with 4904 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No questions actually get answered.

Boris laughs, he shrugs, he mocks and he lies. Starmer asked him some very important questions and Boris didn't even try to answer.

Imagine finally getting your dream job and being completely Sh!t at it.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 12:45]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why is PMQs a thing? on 12:49 - Jun 24 with 2328 viewsKropotkin123

They whole set up is broken, it encourages questions intended to point-score, rather than improve policies. And as you say, questions are never answered, only deflected, ignored or turned into a propaganda exercise.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why is PMQs a thing? on 12:52 - Jun 24 with 2319 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why is PMQs a thing? on 12:49 - Jun 24 by Kropotkin123

They whole set up is broken, it encourages questions intended to point-score, rather than improve policies. And as you say, questions are never answered, only deflected, ignored or turned into a propaganda exercise.

Exactly and this is without a full Tory house and even Labour aren't perfect, when it comes to nonsensical YAAAAAing after any point is made.

It is absurd, people are dying and they still can't get it right.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:01 - Jun 24 with 2293 viewsOldsmoker

I was told this some 40 years ago.
PMQ's is where you ask the PM a question. The PM can answer how he likes.
It is not called 'Prime Minister Answers'.
Yea, I hate that too.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:16 - Jun 24 with 2242 viewsjaykay

i love the way boris slams the lectern to make a noise and turns to his back benches, as if to say, i look and sound a leader. i think he must have seen churchill do this in 'the darkest hour' when all it do is makes him look like is a buffon

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:24 - Jun 24 with 2210 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:16 - Jun 24 by jaykay

i love the way boris slams the lectern to make a noise and turns to his back benches, as if to say, i look and sound a leader. i think he must have seen churchill do this in 'the darkest hour' when all it do is makes him look like is a buffon

I hate his constant smirking face look behind him. Absolute waffler he is.

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:30 - Jun 24 with 2183 viewsHerbivore

We need massive reform. The speaker should be able to do more to hold the PM to account when they don't answer a question and they should also be able to correct him when he lies. At the moment the fact checking, which invariably shows that Johnson is lying, takes place too late and he's already been able to get the lies out there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:30 - Jun 24 with 2181 viewsGeoffSentence

My second job was my dream job and I was completely sh1t at it. So I don't have to imagine.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:31 - Jun 24 with 2174 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is PMQs a thing? on 12:49 - Jun 24 by Kropotkin123

Indeed. It's performative gubbins that gets in the way of genuine scrutiny of policies.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:32 - Jun 24 with 2173 viewsHerbivore

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:30 - Jun 24 by GeoffSentence

My second job was my dream job and I was completely sh1t at it. So I don't have to imagine.

Not everyone makes it in the harsh world of McDonald's.

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:36 - Jun 24 with 2168 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:30 - Jun 24 by Herbivore

We need massive reform. The speaker should be able to do more to hold the PM to account when they don't answer a question and they should also be able to correct him when he lies. At the moment the fact checking, which invariably shows that Johnson is lying, takes place too late and he's already been able to get the lies out there.

Exactly right. It is literally a free ride for the PM. He lies, gets asked about the lie the week after, lies about the lie etc etc.

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:40 - Jun 24 with 2157 viewsDanTheMan

As others have said, the format is insane.

Prime Minister makes a bit of a statement, then the opposition gets to ask a load of questions one after the other, then the Prime Minister gets to respond to them all.

And that's it. No follow ups.

Then you move onto the bit I dislike even more, which is the direct questions. In particular my favourite one is where the Prime Minister's party gets to ask absolute soft ball questions that are absolutely meaningless. They generally amount to "Will the Prime Minister confirm that our own policy is great?". Why are they even allowed to ask that!?

Then when the opposition and others get to ask, basically they can be responded to however with again no followup.

I know it's essentially just a show, but it's infuriating how bad it is. The whole thing needs modernising, along with a lot of other stuff in Parliament.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:44 - Jun 24 with 2134 viewsHerbivore

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:40 - Jun 24 by DanTheMan

Prime Minister makes a bit of a statement, then the opposition gets to ask a load of questions one after the other, then the Prime Minister gets to respond to them all.

Then you move onto the bit I dislike even more, which is the direct questions. In particular my favourite one is where the Prime Minister's party gets to ask absolute soft ball questions that are absolutely meaningless. They generally amount to "Will the Prime Minister confirm that our own policy is great?". Why are they even allowed to ask that!?

Then when the opposition and others get to ask, basically they can be responded to however with again no followup.

I know it's essentially just a show, but it's infuriating how bad it is. The whole thing needs modernising, along with a lot of other stuff in Parliament.

It all just feeds into our evasive, dishonest politics. Look at someone like Jacinda Ardern. When she communicates there is an openness, honesty and sincerity from her. And her citizens expect that and hold her to account. Contrast that with the bluff, bluster, and bullsh!t that we have to endure from Johnson, followed by his cultist supporters spinning away to distract from or explain away the lies. It's horrific. No wonder we have incompetent charlatans in charge, it's pretty much part of the job.

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:45 - Jun 24 with 2124 viewsGeoffSentence

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:32 - Jun 24 by Herbivore

Not everyone makes it in the harsh world of McDonald's.

I had to leave. They thought I would be a better fit for Wimpy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:46 - Jun 24 with 2120 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:40 - Jun 24 by DanTheMan

The bit after. Excluding Ian Blackford, who isn't great but at least he asks a question.

Some random Tory Mp from Brighton "Will the PM visit our pier when it opens and have fish and chips" Like come on. People are dying and they are asking that. Shocking.

Why is PMQs a thing? on 14:20 - Jun 24 with 2032 viewssolemio

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:45 - Jun 24 by GeoffSentence

I had to leave. They thought I would be a better fit for Wimpy.

Ah, so you went into building construction.
Why is PMQs a thing? on 14:52 - Jun 24 with 1982 viewsBrookermg

He's a Politician, thats what they do.
All politicians, no matter what faction they represent, ever answer a question.
Why is PMQs a thing? on 15:00 - Jun 24 with 1962 viewsHerbivore

Why is PMQs a thing? on 14:52 - Jun 24 by Brookermg

He's a Politician, thats what they do.
All politicians, no matter what faction they represent, ever answer a question.

Trying to paint all politicians as all the same isn't very helpful or accurate. It's generally something done by those that want to justify having voted for this awful government by arguing that the other lot wouldn't be any better. They aren't all the same. You only have to watch Johnson and Starmer's different approaches and different relationship with facts to see that.

Why is PMQs a thing? on 17:44 - Jun 24 with 1812 viewsGarv

As someone who doesn't really like politics or show an interest in it, watching PMQs is a surreal experience when you think about what their jobs are and what they're discussing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why is PMQs a thing? on 18:16 - Jun 24 with 1781 viewsNthQldITFC

Why is PMQs a thing? on 13:16 - Jun 24 by jaykay

I think he'd make a better Italian (possibly fascist) goalkeeper than a Prime Minister.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:01 - Jun 24 with 1720 views26_Paz

Have to give the Labour Party a bit of air time somehow

The Paz Man

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:14 - Jun 24 with 1676 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:01 - Jun 24 by 26_Paz

Have to give the Labour Party a bit of air time somehow

You have to admit, it is good TV watching KS pull Johnson's pants down week in week out!

Imagine voting for Johnson! Imagine being impressed by him!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:26 - Jun 24 with 1653 views26_Paz

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:14 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

You have to admit, it is good TV watching KS pull Johnson's pants down week in week out!

Imagine voting for Johnson! Imagine being impressed by him!

I must admit it’s much better with Starmer than JC. That was like watching your grandad getting beaten up every week. At least it’s a contest now.

The Paz Man

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:29 - Jun 24 with 1647 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:26 - Jun 24 by 26_Paz

I must admit it’s much better with Starmer than JC. That was like watching your grandad getting beaten up every week. At least it’s a contest now.

Not really. Corbyn schooled his opposite number every week too. But because Butcorbynism nobody paid any attention.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:32 - Jun 24 with 1641 views26_Paz

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:29 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Not really. Corbyn schooled his opposite number every week too. But because Butcorbynism nobody paid any attention.

Have to agree to disagree on that. KS been getting the better of BoJo most weeks, I’ll give you that. I’m hoping it’s due to BoJo being a little, shall we say, distracted by the whole dealing with a pandemic thing but time will tell on that one ...

The Paz Man

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:39 - Jun 24 with 1632 viewsSpruceMoose

Why is PMQs a thing? on 19:32 - Jun 24 by 26_Paz

Have to agree to disagree on that. KS been getting the better of BoJo most weeks, I’ll give you that. I’m hoping it’s due to BoJo being a little, shall we say, distracted by the whole dealing with a pandemic thing but time will tell on that one ...

Are we not counting what we know of from Boris before COVID in this 'maybe he's just distracted' equation? Because everything we know from that period shouldn't give you much confidence.

Well Paz, clearly you're an optimistic fellow, but I'm certain time will tell that you've backed a three legged nag in this race.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 20:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024