Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone been following a second team? 01:14 - Jun 25 with 1652 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Out of curiosity, anyone been following a second team during no restart to L1. Düsseldorf etc?

I am a big fan of Atalanta B.C is Serie A, restarted Saturday with a 4-2 victory, and ended Lazio’s 21 match unbeaten run tonight with a 3-2 win. 4th (above Roma, Napoli, AC Milan), still in the Champions League, should keep me occupied until Town return.

Any other second teams out there?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Has anyone been following a second team? on 01:18 - Jun 25 with 1643 viewsBLUEBEAT

Have been following Düsseldorf.

Their fight for survival with other results generally going against them and giving away calamitous added time goals is very reminiscent of ITFC.

Poll: W or W

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:13 - Jun 25 with 1417 viewsericclacton

WBA cos i saw us beat them at Highbury fa cup. That's all well and good but what if someone overtakes you on a bike.

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:29 - Jun 25 with 1398 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Has anyone been following a second team? on 01:18 - Jun 25 by BLUEBEAT

Have been following Düsseldorf.

Their fight for survival with other results generally going against them and giving away calamitous added time goals is very reminiscent of ITFC.

Followed them when football returned, since dipped off interest.

They were doing very well when I watched them, presume that momentum has been somewhat curtailed then?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:34 - Jun 25 with 1393 viewsHerbivore

I've never really been able to get into having a second team. I just don't really get it. I don't feel like I ever chose a team and decided to follow them, the Town chose me. I imagine if you can do it though it makes it more interesting, I find these days that I get quite bored watching games on TV as a neutral.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:42 - Jun 25 with 1370 viewsBergholt_Blue

I've been keeping an eye on Inter Milan since the time we played them in Europe and also Fortuna for last few years

Poll: Will you be renewing your season ticket

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:47 - Jun 25 with 1357 viewsclive_baker

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:34 - Jun 25 by Herbivore

I've never really been able to get into having a second team. I just don't really get it. I don't feel like I ever chose a team and decided to follow them, the Town chose me. I imagine if you can do it though it makes it more interesting, I find these days that I get quite bored watching games on TV as a neutral.

The older I get, the more I feel like this. When people say 'how can you not like football?', I completely get how you can be pretty ambivalent towards it when you don't have an emotional attachment to a particular side. If it's a case of being purely neutral and watching a game, I can perfectly well see why more often than not it would be an underwhelming spectacle. It's quite rare I watch a game nowadays that's truly engaging and breathtaking unless Ipswich or England are involved. I appreciate the technical elements, and its obviously amplified at the moment with no crowds, but I can definitely get bored watching 2 teams I have no interest in. As a kid I would've been glued to any game I could find on TV.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:53 - Jun 25 with 1337 viewsPJH

I follow whoever Naarwich are playing so so far I have followed Southampton and Everton and on Saturday I will follow Man U(who I only ever want to win when they play them from Norfolk).
Has anyone been following a second team? on 19:46 - Jun 26 with 1193 viewsShawsey

Liverpool look a decent team.
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone been following a second team? on 21:27 - Jun 26 with 1152 viewsjudespiveyg

I've kept an eye on Bayern. Lot of players I like. Muller, Neuer, Kimmich, Gnabry. Used to love Lahm, Robben and Ribery. Pretty happy they won the title.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Has anyone been following a second team? on 21:33 - Jun 26 with 1149 viewsTractorWood

I mainly channel my feelings for others teams towards negativity. I grew up watching football in the 90's when Fergie reigned supreme. Nothing use to please me like a park the bus smash and grab at Old Trafford, with Fergie shouting at the 4th official as they lose.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Has anyone been following a second team? on 23:50 - Jun 26 with 1100 viewsSwansea_Blue

"A" 2nd team? I'm on about seven of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:08 - Jun 27 with 996 viewsClareBlue

CFR Cluj after staying next to the ground in a hotel and getting into a game

In 2002 they were in the third tier of their league system and in 20008 they won their national title - so six years from third tier to champions can be done

Its only about 10 Euro to get in to a match. You can fly Stansted to Cluj cheaply

won back to back titles in 2018 and 2019

The match to go to is against Universitatea Cluj or Univ. Craiova who are their main rivals at the moment.

Unbeaten since lockdown.....top of the league by 6 points

The city is great for a night out after the match and cheap
Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:26 - Jun 27 with 983 viewsOldsmoker

No.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Has anyone been following a second team? on 12:32 - Jun 27 with 977 viewsLeaky

Dusseldorf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024