Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? 08:59 - Jun 25 with 2875 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Driving along in Suffolk yesterday and a fellow road user took great anger in my manoeuvre of overtaking a slower vehicle.

He proceeded to follow me into my estate (I decided not to go home when I realised this), he then drove up the wrong side of the road to cut me off.

Once stopped, he got out of his car absolutely raging. Telling me to get out of my car so he can sort me out, when I politely declined his request. He shouted that his mate is in the police - will find out my address, pay me a visit at home to "sort me out".

Pretty sure I did the right thing in not getting out of the car as I am a lover not a fighter, but I probably should have driven to a fuel station for CCTV purposes in case things got tasty.

Anyone else have any interesting accounts? The adrenaline was certainly pumping after!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:05 - Jun 25 with 2828 viewsEdwardStone

Something very similar to that on the way to Tewkesbury....a sleepy little market town near to me

I have never seen anyone quite so angry...I thought he was going to explode

Apparently you carried out the correct procedure, just ignore them, don't respond or escalate

Thank God that we don't have access to guns in this country
Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:09 - Jun 25 with 2800 viewsBlueRaider

Terrifying how some people get.

I used to play village cricket, and I was taking one of my team mates home to Lavenham when this car just came up behind us flashing his lights and weaving aggressively, he followed us all the way to my mates house so we all went in hoping he would just disappear. Neither of us had any idea what had annoyed him.

I stayed there for about 15 minutes and then headed home, he'd been waiting and began pursuing me, his car was much more powerful than mine, but luckily the road was fairly narrow and I was able to barrel down the middle of the road to stop him getting in front. It was at this point I noticed that there were four of them in the car and decided my best plan was to head to Sudbury police station. Unfortunately at Waldingfield the road widened out and he got past me, luckily I was able to turn right towards Acton before I had to stop, he chased me down there and the road was widening again, I took an almighty punt and just pulled into the drive of a random house, he shouted at me and drove off.

I found out a month or so later that he did this regularly and was up in court for GBH of a French tourist.

Very scary, some people are just thoroughly unpleasant

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:09 - Jun 25 with 2798 viewsMullet

Guy once rearended me at lights in one of the sketchiest parts of Manc. Started getting all cocky, shouted a load of threats as I laughed at him (he was fat as fook and my smirking seemed to set him off). As he got out of the car, the bloke next to us at the lights wound down his window, before I could join him.

"It's ok mate we're plain clothes we've been after this guy all evening" - nicked him on the spot. Turned out when the coppers rang me later that week he'd been driving in flip flops, had no licence, insurance etc. was using a family member's name the lot.

Never found out what he got unfortunately. But the look on his face as they nabbed him was priceless.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:18 - Jun 25 with 2762 viewsITFC_Forever

A couple.... on the way back down the A14 between Huntingdon and Cambridge, someone took great offence to the way I'd overtaken something and tried to cut me up, run me off the road etc.

And on another twist to it, a couple of years ago, I was driving down our road. It has a zebra crossing on it, and when I leave for work, there are always loads of school children about and there's nearly always some waiting to cross at the zebra.
So I rolled up to the zebra crossing and stopped as there were some kids there, when an Audi convertible revved its engine, flew past me and over the zebra crossing, causing the young kids who had just started to cross to jump back in alarm. Fortunately, they were crossing from left to right as I looked, so they weren't in an immediate danger.
I then pulled up behind the Audi knob-head at the traffic lights further down the road, and saw he had his wife / partner in the passenger seat and young daughter in the back!

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:21 - Jun 25 with 2739 viewsgiant_stow

Years back when id just past the test, i made a mistake in changing lanes just as someone was overtaking me. We both screeched to a halt and there was no crash. The guy got out with an iron bar and i shat myself. Talked him down with sorries but my pride still hurts. Oh to be able to handle myself.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 9:22]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:26 - Jun 25 with 2698 viewsFunge

About 10 years ago I pulled out of the Orwell Bridge petrol station. Some bloke was in a pick-up, with a trailer (think he had a quad bike in there, dunno). He was sat in the slip lane.

I beeped the horn (excessively, as I am a nob), and made a few gestures. He pulled out and I went to overtake him as we went over the bridge. As I overtook, further gestures were exchanged and tempers rose. I may have mimed taking the telephone number on his truck down, on an imaginary pad. This was foolish.

This continued, he pulled in behind me, and I could see him going mad in the mirror. I turned off at the A12, and he sped up, overtook me, opened his window and lobbed what appeared to be an old-school glass pub ashtray at me - which hit my roof and, most likely, broke.

This scared the sh1t out of me. The other bloke had a kid in the truck too; god knows what he made of it all.

Basically the way I deal with really crap driving now, is to give a big smile and a thumbs up. This works, and also makes the other driver think that I know them; lovely.
Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:33 - Jun 25 with 2651 viewsPendejo

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:09 - Jun 25 by BlueRaider

Terrifying how some people get.

I used to play village cricket, and I was taking one of my team mates home to Lavenham when this car just came up behind us flashing his lights and weaving aggressively, he followed us all the way to my mates house so we all went in hoping he would just disappear. Neither of us had any idea what had annoyed him.

I stayed there for about 15 minutes and then headed home, he'd been waiting and began pursuing me, his car was much more powerful than mine, but luckily the road was fairly narrow and I was able to barrel down the middle of the road to stop him getting in front. It was at this point I noticed that there were four of them in the car and decided my best plan was to head to Sudbury police station. Unfortunately at Waldingfield the road widened out and he got past me, luckily I was able to turn right towards Acton before I had to stop, he chased me down there and the road was widening again, I took an almighty punt and just pulled into the drive of a random house, he shouted at me and drove off.

I found out a month or so later that he did this regularly and was up in court for GBH of a French tourist.

Very scary, some people are just thoroughly unpleasant

A similar thing happened to me in June 88, though I never associated it with road rage.

Driving thru Ipswich a car came up behind as you describe, aggressive and flashing lights. On reflection as this started on Civic Drive I should have driven to Ipswich Police Station.

However at first I had thought it was a mate arsing around, I went around a couple of roundabouts twice, they followed. Eventually I pulled over assuming something wrong with my car, got out to check test of car. Other vehicle (White Renault 5) pulled alongside four people got out, one of whom, I was later told, had a knuckle duster. Next thing I remember was Ipswich A&E.

Fractured skull, broken nose, 2 black eyes.

Next day had to sit a professional exam with a "headache" of epic proportions.

During the 80s I travelled all over England following Ipswich, at a time when hooliganism was at its peak, unscathed despite some hairy moments, but got a hiding whilst out for a Sunday evening drive.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:36 - Jun 25 with 2650 viewsbluelagos

Had a guy get out and threaten me the other day (on my pushbike) in Manningtree. He clearly spent time in the gym and over did the steroids at some point.

Think you did right to stay in your car. After a couple of minutes of shouting at me and inviting me to "lay a finger on me..." he eventually sped off.

Bit unsettling but I put it down to cv stress and/or steroid misuse. Everyone has a tipping point and best to let them express themselves without inflaming the situation I reckon.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:38 - Jun 25 with 2633 viewsbrazil1982

You reacted well, I rarely react because cars are so dangerous. there are too many idiots on the road. Keep calm everyone and slow down!
Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:46 - Jun 25 with 2589 viewsBlueRaider

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:33 - Jun 25 by Pendejo

A similar thing happened to me in June 88, though I never associated it with road rage.

Driving thru Ipswich a car came up behind as you describe, aggressive and flashing lights. On reflection as this started on Civic Drive I should have driven to Ipswich Police Station.

However at first I had thought it was a mate arsing around, I went around a couple of roundabouts twice, they followed. Eventually I pulled over assuming something wrong with my car, got out to check test of car. Other vehicle (White Renault 5) pulled alongside four people got out, one of whom, I was later told, had a knuckle duster. Next thing I remember was Ipswich A&E.

Fractured skull, broken nose, 2 black eyes.

Next day had to sit a professional exam with a "headache" of epic proportions.

During the 80s I travelled all over England following Ipswich, at a time when hooliganism was at its peak, unscathed despite some hairy moments, but got a hiding whilst out for a Sunday evening drive.

Yeah, its not particularly road rage, psychos wanting a fight, lucky you were OK, I think I was pretty lucky not to get a similar beating

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:48 - Jun 25 with 2578 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 09:26 - Jun 25 by Funge

About 10 years ago I pulled out of the Orwell Bridge petrol station. Some bloke was in a pick-up, with a trailer (think he had a quad bike in there, dunno). He was sat in the slip lane.

I beeped the horn (excessively, as I am a nob), and made a few gestures. He pulled out and I went to overtake him as we went over the bridge. As I overtook, further gestures were exchanged and tempers rose. I may have mimed taking the telephone number on his truck down, on an imaginary pad. This was foolish.

This continued, he pulled in behind me, and I could see him going mad in the mirror. I turned off at the A12, and he sped up, overtook me, opened his window and lobbed what appeared to be an old-school glass pub ashtray at me - which hit my roof and, most likely, broke.

This scared the sh1t out of me. The other bloke had a kid in the truck too; god knows what he made of it all.

Basically the way I deal with really crap driving now, is to give a big smile and a thumbs up. This works, and also makes the other driver think that I know them; lovely.

I did exactly that - smiled and waved after the last home game vs. Cov.

Was queuing to get out of the car park, when a car (I think with Cov fans in) started up and tried to edge straight in to the queue, so I kept moving forward so he had to wait.
He then mouthed the w word at me, so I smiled and gave a thumbs up.

He then decided to offer me out of my car, so I simply shrugged my shoulders as he pretended to get out of the car.

Also happened on the A12 in to London a couple of years ago, between Newbury Park and Gants Hill, a white van didn't like the fact I didn't let him pull out millimetres in front of me, so caught me up in the other lane and went through the full sweary thesaurus while I completely blanked him. I think that made him even more annoyed.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:03 - Jun 25 with 2502 viewsbluelagos

Few years back was driving to a meeting / course and on the way had a few words with another road user. Nothing untoward but windows were wound down and insults and hand gestures exchanged.

Bloke then followed me all the way to the venue where it turned out we were both on the same course.

Nothing more was said but we didnt exchange pleasantries.

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:22 - Jun 25 with 2426 viewsLankHenners

Not so much extreme but a rather bizarre incident.

Coming down the A140 through Long Stratton once an ambulance was flashing it's blue lights behind somewhere. Rather than let the traffic naturally fold in from the back forwards as you should do, the car in front of me slammed the brakes and swung onto the pavement. Not wanting to risk going into the back of him or have the car behind me go into my car, the only safe thing I could do was go past him then pull in in front.

I could see him ranting and raving in his seat behind me so I let him go past me again once the ambulance had come through but he was still going nuts as he went past and we ended up alongside each other as he went into a filter lane at the traffic lights.

He put the window on the passenger side down and lent right across his wife screaming at me to wind mine down 'you fcking tw@t'. I gave him an exaggerated shrug which only increased his rage as he started punching the inside of the passenger door still swearing for England until he accidentally punched across his wife's buxom chest. This started her off effing and jeffing at him and they were having a blazing row as their lane turned green which made cars behind them start beeping to get him to move off.

All because I stopped him from potentially causing an accident.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:38 - Jun 25 with 2380 viewsGarv

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:22 - Jun 25 by LankHenners

Not so much extreme but a rather bizarre incident.

Coming down the A140 through Long Stratton once an ambulance was flashing it's blue lights behind somewhere. Rather than let the traffic naturally fold in from the back forwards as you should do, the car in front of me slammed the brakes and swung onto the pavement. Not wanting to risk going into the back of him or have the car behind me go into my car, the only safe thing I could do was go past him then pull in in front.

I could see him ranting and raving in his seat behind me so I let him go past me again once the ambulance had come through but he was still going nuts as he went past and we ended up alongside each other as he went into a filter lane at the traffic lights.

He put the window on the passenger side down and lent right across his wife screaming at me to wind mine down 'you fcking tw@t'. I gave him an exaggerated shrug which only increased his rage as he started punching the inside of the passenger door still swearing for England until he accidentally punched across his wife's buxom chest. This started her off effing and jeffing at him and they were having a blazing row as their lane turned green which made cars behind them start beeping to get him to move off.

All because I stopped him from potentially causing an accident.

Was it Ronnie Pickering?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:41 - Jun 25 with 2357 viewsEdwardStone

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:38 - Jun 25 by Garv

Was it Ronnie Pickering?

It seems that we have many Ronnie Pickerings
Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:51 - Jun 25 with 2330 viewsjaykay

this always remind me ,of this tw@t

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:57 - Jun 25 with 2297 viewsFixed_It

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:03 - Jun 25 by bluelagos

Few years back was driving to a meeting / course and on the way had a few words with another road user. Nothing untoward but windows were wound down and insults and hand gestures exchanged.

Bloke then followed me all the way to the venue where it turned out we were both on the same course.

Nothing more was said but we didnt exchange pleasantries.

Was it a Speed Awareness course?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 12:35 - Jun 25 with 2182 viewsbluelagos

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:57 - Jun 25 by Fixed_It

Was it a Speed Awareness course?

Nah, good as gold me. Though anyone on here drive an audi and got proper spanked by a Kwaka in the past couple of days might not agree ;-)

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 2084 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 10:51 - Jun 25 by jaykay

this always remind me ,of this tw@t

I forgot Ronnie Pickering! Wish I had the confidence to be as witty as this guy on the moped, then again have a camera recording is a big help.

It seems I am not alone, just my turn to come across one of the many idiots we share the air with!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Anyone been on the end of extreme road rage? on 15:52 - Jun 25 with 1998 viewsmonytowbray

It wasn't me, I only undertake on carriageways.

Also, I haven't had a car in two years.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024