Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Front page of the Mail today 09:07 - Jun 25 with 1002 viewstractordownsouth

That's the second negative front page the government have had in the last month. Whilst neither this nor Cummings will be a Black Wednesday moment, continual allegations of sleaze and dishonesty will surely lead to a backbench rebellion once Brexit is completed?

Of course there won't be a Labour landslide (or probably even a minority government) but there are definitely parallels with John Major's government with scandal after scandal leading to an erosion of public trust. I don't think it'll happen until next year because the polls indicate most people are voting along Brexit lines, but if we see Starmer take the lead then surely they won't go into 2024 with the same leader?

As someone who doesn't truly support Brexit, I doubt Johnson would want to either.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Front page of the Mail today on 09:16 - Jun 25 with 940 viewsDarth_Koont

It's all deeply, deeply depressing. And totally predictable.

Our politics, media and the cosy power-sharing world they inhabit have failed the people of this country.

We need a sea change in our democracy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Front page of the Mail today on 09:30 - Jun 25 with 874 viewsclive_baker

I think the thing that might save the Tories next time around is that this is all kicking off so early into their term. When all is said and done, Covid will have had devastating effects globally and will feasibly send us into the deepest recession we've seen in 300 years. The bad Brexit news will probably be conveniently hidden amongst all that, and it's likely that when the next election comes along we'll be back into a period of growth off the back of a challenging 2021. The Tory PR machine will go to town on that. On the flip side, if this government is this sh1t so early into its premiership, it could just keep eroding any confidence over time and leave an open goal for Labour at the next election.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Front page of the Mail today on 09:39 - Jun 25 with 847 viewsvilanovablue

I suspect when Brexit goes badly as it surely will, I'm working in Government and prepared isn't the word to use. Combined with Covid backlash/ongoing Boris won't have the stomach to stick around. I suspect he'll pull the line that since having Covid he hasn't got the same strength and will hand the reins to a stronger person...
Front page of the Mail today on 09:42 - Jun 25 with 834 viewsbluelagos

The A120 was queueing well ahead of the A133 junction for Clacton yeaterday. Reckon it would have been rammed yeaterday.

BJ will go nowhere until Brexit is done. Then the opinion polls will dictate tory tactics. Thatcher, IDS and May were all culled in the interests of Tory party election prospects. BJ would is expendable if they felt he was liability.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Front page of the Mail today on 10:39 - Jun 25 with 718 viewssolomon

Front page of the Mail today on 09:30 - Jun 25 by clive_baker

I think the thing that might save the Tories next time around is that this is all kicking off so early into their term. When all is said and done, Covid will have had devastating effects globally and will feasibly send us into the deepest recession we've seen in 300 years. The bad Brexit news will probably be conveniently hidden amongst all that, and it's likely that when the next election comes along we'll be back into a period of growth off the back of a challenging 2021. The Tory PR machine will go to town on that. On the flip side, if this government is this sh1t so early into its premiership, it could just keep eroding any confidence over time and leave an open goal for Labour at the next election.

Well in the coming years we have a younger generation coming through who will be more socially conscious than we or our forebears have been. They have a long difficult road ahead of them but I’m hopeful they have the guile and determination to make the world a better place, I know this is how we all start out, we just get lost and a bit distracted on the journey.
Front page of the Mail today on 10:48 - Jun 25 with 704 viewsHerbivore

Front page of the Mail today on 10:39 - Jun 25 by solomon

Well in the coming years we have a younger generation coming through who will be more socially conscious than we or our forebears have been. They have a long difficult road ahead of them but I’m hopeful they have the guile and determination to make the world a better place, I know this is how we all start out, we just get lost and a bit distracted on the journey.

I wish I was as optimistic as you, but seeing the gammon protests the other week a lot of the ageing hooligans had brought their offspring with them. There's still a worrying amount of ignorance and intolerance amongst sections of the yoof just as there is across all age groups.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Front page of the Mail today on 10:58 - Jun 25 with 676 viewsjaykay

no surprise there at all. it being going on for years.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2001/dec/13/localgovernment.politics

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Front page of the Mail today on 11:03 - Jun 25 with 659 viewsGeoffSentence

This Jenrick stuff is so predictable, the Tories have always, and will always, govern in the interests of their rich buddies. So far as I am concerned it is verging on corruption and the lot of them should be slung in prison.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Front page of the Mail today on 11:06 - Jun 25 with 650 viewsMattinLondon

Do you think the woman on the left will recognise her arse being on the front page?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024