Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet 15:10 - Jun 25 with 19015 viewstractordownsouth

Decisive action from Mr Starmer

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:19 - Jun 25 with 4266 viewsBloomBlue

One of Corbyn's old team of supporters who always hated the Jewish community, good move by Starmer but also needs to kick her out of the Labour party. So much racism in the Country these days
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:22 - Jun 25 with 4228 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fantastic leadership from SKS.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:26 - Jun 25 with 4227 viewsDarth_Koont

What was the article and what was the conspiracy theory?

I read the Maxine Peake one and saw nothing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:27 - Jun 25 with 4206 viewsSteve_M

The contrast with Johnson's (in)action over Jenrick and Cummings is marked.

RLB could have apologised for re-tweeting anti-semitic conspiricism easily enough - didn't read the whole article etc, etc - but like a few too many on the left of Labour she clearly couldn't see anti-semitism where it exists.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:28 - Jun 25 with 4178 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:26 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

Not like you to not recognise an antiSemitic conspiracy when it’s staring you straight in the face DK. I for one am shocked you missed it.

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:29 - Jun 25 with 4183 viewsBloomBlue

It was the Maxine Peake article
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:30 - Jun 25 with 4174 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:28 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

Not like you to not recognise an antiSemitic conspiracy when it’s staring you straight in the face DK. I for one am shocked you missed it.

Answer the question then.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:30 - Jun 25 with 4177 viewstractordownsouth

The one about US police learning their neck-kneeling techniques from Israeli secret services.

She may have got away with it had she apologised this morning, but the fact she doubled down and refused to delete the tweet was the last straw I imagine.

Login to get fewer ads

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:31 - Jun 25 with 4164 viewsgiant_stow

wow.

Anyone know what she forwarded?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:32 - Jun 25 with 4147 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Spin politics has resumed....plainly ridiculous from a brief look at the detail!

13m ago15:19

Here is the passage in the Independent’s interview with Maxine Peake referred to in the Labour statement (see 3.11pm) referencing an “antisemitic conspiracy theory”.

Born in Bolton to a lorry driver father and care worker mother, Peake is strident and expressive; if religion wasn’t anathema to her, she’d be perfect in the pulpit. “Systemic racism is a global issue,” she adds. “The tactics used by the police in America, kneeling on George Floyd’s neck, that was learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services.” (A spokesperson for the Israeli police has denied this, stating that “there is no tactic or protocol that calls to put pressure on the neck or airway”.

As my colleague Peter Walker has reported (see 2.47pm), Rebecca Long-Bailey subsequently posted a tweet saying her tweet sharing the interview was not intended to be an endorsement of everything in it. But the president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews said it was “pathetic” that she had not withdrawn the original tweet and apologised.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:33]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:34 - Jun 25 with 4109 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:30 - Jun 25 by tractordownsouth

The one about US police learning their neck-kneeling techniques from Israeli secret services.

She may have got away with it had she apologised this morning, but the fact she doubled down and refused to delete the tweet was the last straw I imagine.

How is that anti-semitic?

I know it annoys fans of Israel and the right but what's the problem here?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:35 - Jun 25 with 4097 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:27 - Jun 25 by Steve_M

The contrast with Johnson's (in)action over Jenrick and Cummings is marked.

RLB could have apologised for re-tweeting anti-semitic conspiricism easily enough - didn't read the whole article etc, etc - but like a few too many on the left of Labour she clearly couldn't see anti-semitism where it exists.

Which conspiracy theory would that be.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:35 - Jun 25 with 4092 viewsWeWereZombies

I didn't realise there was a George Floyd angle to this story, that might come back to bite Starmer. However, having watched 'I Am Not Your Negro' this morning I can tell you that it contains an image of a white American policeman kneeling on a black woman's neck from the 1950s - I don't think American policemen need any training from the Israelis on that score...

[edit] https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/rebecca-longbailey-forced-to-clarify-s
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:37]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:37 - Jun 25 with 4065 viewsfactual_blue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:31 - Jun 25 by giant_stow

wow.

Anyone know what she forwarded?

It was about Mossad's involvement in the arson at the norwich city 'stadium' during chase's reign.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:37 - Jun 25 with 4066 viewsgiant_stow

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:32 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Spin politics has resumed....plainly ridiculous from a brief look at the detail!

13m ago15:19

Here is the passage in the Independent’s interview with Maxine Peake referred to in the Labour statement (see 3.11pm) referencing an “antisemitic conspiracy theory”.

Born in Bolton to a lorry driver father and care worker mother, Peake is strident and expressive; if religion wasn’t anathema to her, she’d be perfect in the pulpit. “Systemic racism is a global issue,” she adds. “The tactics used by the police in America, kneeling on George Floyd’s neck, that was learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services.” (A spokesperson for the Israeli police has denied this, stating that “there is no tactic or protocol that calls to put pressure on the neck or airway”.

As my colleague Peter Walker has reported (see 2.47pm), Rebecca Long-Bailey subsequently posted a tweet saying her tweet sharing the interview was not intended to be an endorsement of everything in it. But the president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews said it was “pathetic” that she had not withdrawn the original tweet and apologised.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:33]

There's going to be an almighty war civil war in labour now isn't there? Maybe for the best even.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 4043 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:34 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

Claiming that Israel is linked to the murder of George Floyd is not criticism of Israel, it's antisemitic conspiracy fantasy.

Iron Lion Zion

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 4057 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You know....the don't say anything nasty about Israeli secret services trope/conspiracy.... example 15, subset 6 part xvi

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 4049 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:22 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

Fantastic leadership from SKS.

Baa

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:43 - Jun 25 with 4000 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour being decisive? Nah, must be a mistake.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:44 - Jun 25 with 3987 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:38 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

Claiming that Israel is linked to the murder of George Floyd is not criticism of Israel, it's antisemitic conspiracy fantasy.

"Good boy Glasgow!"
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:45]

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:48 - Jun 25 with 3942 viewstractordownsouth

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:34 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

Because it's nowt to do with Israel. Police brutality in the US has unfortunately been a problem long before the founding of the Israeli state. There's also the issue of Peake's previous defence of Ken Livingstone, so calling her an "absolutely diamond" is ill-judged.

This also has to be brought into it - she was on thin ice as it was for failing to call out her supporters for similar comments at her hustings.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:48 - Jun 25 with 3937 viewsDarth_Koont

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:38 - Jun 25 by GlasgowBlue

Whitewashing a brutal apartheid regime is worse. And using antisemitism to prevent criticism is lowest of the low.

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:49 - Jun 25 with 3941 viewsLankHenners

As it will probably be helpful to the thread...

This is the article she shared:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/maxine-peake-int

This is her follow-up tweet:

This is her just now giving a longer explanation:

This is the source of Peake's point (which isn't loading right now presumably because of the amount of traffic going towards it):

https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-are-many-u-s-police-departments-training-wi

Aside from the surprise that Starmer appears to actually have a strong opinion on something, it seems like he's playing this one safe. You could argue all day as to the extent to which Peake was actually promoting an antisemitic conspiracy theory or just exaggerating what the Amnesty International post says (to note for those it isn't loading for, it points out that some US police forces have trained in Israel, although doesn't mention Minnesota where Floyd was killed), but clearly some will feel it is and Starmer's nipped it in the bud.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:52 - Jun 25 with 3909 viewsBloomBlue

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:35 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Which conspiracy theory would that be.

There seems to be another conspiracy theory going round that Keir never wanted her in the shadow cabinet and only felt obliged to give her a role because she challenged for the party Leader and was JC's choice but wanted to get her out at the first opportunity and the article gave him the lamb to slaughter.
Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:53 - Jun 25 with 3889 viewssparks

Rebecca Long Bailey sacked from Shadow Cabinet on 15:52 - Jun 25 by BloomBlue

There seems to be another conspiracy theory going round that Keir never wanted her in the shadow cabinet and only felt obliged to give her a role because she challenged for the party Leader and was JC's choice but wanted to get her out at the first opportunity and the article gave him the lamb to slaughter.

Not sure thats conspiracy. She is what is left of the momentum connected Corybinastas and was always likely to be something of a millstone.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024