Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Free Signings? 10:45 - Jun 26 with 4172 viewsMullet

I know we have far too many players in the squad and somehow not enough for certain positions but has anyone seen potential signings they think Lambert could/should get?

Jordan Williams was released by Rochdale I see. Good education at Liverpool and can play as a DM or more recently a CB. Thought he played well against us at their place too and is big physical presence. At 25 he might be the right age too if we are going to be bouncing around this league and the Championship until we find another decent manager.

George Tanner was being talked about on twitter last night and was apparently decent at Morecambe on loan as an attacking left back. I can't imagine we are going to find a left back who has the goals in him that Garbutt had, but two attacking full backs and the youths we have to play out wide might rapidly improve our effectiveness going forward.

Anyone got any decent shouts they fancy to be the right player for the right wages?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Potential Free Signings? on 10:58 - Jun 26 with 3369 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Will be interesting to see how Nydam returns from injury. Was looking like a good prospect at LB.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Potential Free Signings? on 11:09 - Jun 26 with 3323 viewsMullet

Potential Free Signings? on 10:58 - Jun 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Will be interesting to see how Nydam returns from injury. Was looking like a good prospect at LB.

I dunno if we saw enough of him there. He was certainly looking like he'd do well on the left of a narrow midfield or as a LWB with more bite than Kenlock.

Unfortunately that injury may well have put a much lower ceiling on his career now, same as AD and Bishop.

Potential Free Signings? on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 3285 viewsParky

Might be me being extremely harsh, but I don’t see it.

He’s too small, not quick and just doesn’t stand out. I really hope I’m wrong, but I see him as another Byron Lawrence.
Potential Free Signings? on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 3283 viewsericclacton

We desperately need an experienced midfielder with a good engine and can also tackle without getting booked.

Potential Free Signings? on 11:27 - Jun 26 with 3257 viewsJoHnNnY

Also... the young Tommy Smith will be pushing Kenlock for that LB spot this year too.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Potential Free Signings? on 11:33 - Jun 26 with 3222 viewstractordownsouth

Gnanduillet might be worth a look on a 1 year contract as he’s just been released by Blackpool. I’d like us to sign Colin Brammall from Colchester but that’d involve a fee so it’s probably a non-starter.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Potential Free Signings? on 11:34 - Jun 26 with 3219 viewstractordownsouth

Oh and Tommy Smith should be a no-brainer... we’re in need of a CB and even if he’s not at the same level he was before, he’d be in the side ahead of Chambers

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I could push Kenlock.... on 11:35 - Jun 26 with 3201 viewsBloots

Potential Free Signings? on 11:27 - Jun 26 by JoHnNnY

Also... the young Tommy Smith will be pushing Kenlock for that LB spot this year too.

….for the LB spot.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Potential Free Signings? on 11:36 - Jun 26 with 3206 viewsLibero

Potential Free Signings? on 11:09 - Jun 26 by Mullet

I dunno if we saw enough of him there. He was certainly looking like he'd do well on the left of a narrow midfield or as a LWB with more bite than Kenlock.

Unfortunately that injury may well have put a much lower ceiling on his career now, same as AD and Bishop.

Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.
Potential Free Signings? on 11:37 - Jun 26 with 3199 viewsLibero

I don't think I'd be trying to make too many additions, mainly unloading players.

I'd go for Tommy Smith on a free and a couple of Garbett-esqe loans from Premier League/Championship clubs.

Other than that we've got dead wood to shift.
Potential Free Signings? on 11:39 - Jun 26 with 3190 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Potential Free Signings? on 11:33 - Jun 26 by tractordownsouth

Gnanduillet might be worth a look on a 1 year contract as he’s just been released by Blackpool. I’d like us to sign Colin Brammall from Colchester but that’d involve a fee so it’s probably a non-starter.

Gnanduillet for sure, but he won't be going anywhere for 1 year. at 28 years old, off the back of 15 goal season (30 games), he'll be looking for his 'big contract'.

Would offer him 3 year deal, but think we would be priced out of this.

Tommy Smith for certain, left footed balance, massive experience (even internationally) to be playing in League 1, about to have his first born, wants to be settling now, stars seemed to have aligned for this one.

If Woolfenden goes, Alim Otzurk, released by Sunderland.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Potential Free Signings? on 11:41 - Jun 26 with 3184 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Potential Free Signings? on 11:36 - Jun 26 by Libero

Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.

Hes never at full fitness!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yep, we need a left back..... on 11:41 - Jun 26 with 3183 viewsBloots

Potential Free Signings? on 11:37 - Jun 26 by Libero

I don't think I'd be trying to make too many additions, mainly unloading players.

I'd go for Tommy Smith on a free and a couple of Garbett-esqe loans from Premier League/Championship clubs.

Other than that we've got dead wood to shift.

….and possibly replacements for Downes and/or Wolf, but a left back mainly.

Other than that the lack of finances will dictate.

Trimming the squad might actually help our hopeless manager focus his thoughts a little bit.

Obviously this will all go to pot once preseason starts and they all start dropping like flies, but that's a different story.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Potential Free Signings? on 11:55 - Jun 26 with 3138 viewsTractorTom29

Right now without any departures I would say we need 4:

GK to push Holy - Remi Matthews, out of contract at Bolton

CB - Tommy Smith, no brainer, just turned 30, loves the club, gives left sided balance

LWB - Marvin Johnson, out of contract at Boro', depends how they finish season if he stays
- Jordan Obita, if he gets released, out of contract at Reading', has injury issues though
- Calvin Miller, wildcard, released by Celtic, well thought of by Rodgers when he was there

ST - Target Man - Armand Gnanduillet, 15 lge goals last year, 6'2, fast, strong and good feet
- Atdhe Nuhiu, out of contract at Sheff W, giant unit, would be very useful

If Downes goes I would be looking for an experienced DM who can break things up and give us a bit of steel, again possible free agents:

Sam Hutchinson - Frozen out at Sheff W, wages may be an issue, good age, may be Champ interest

Kieran Lee - Again Sheff W, could get an extension though, experienced

Korey Smith - In and out for Bristol City this season, yet to be offered new deal, a few injuries this year though
Yep, we need a left back..... on 11:56 - Jun 26 with 3121 viewsLibero

Yep, we need a left back..... on 11:41 - Jun 26 by Bloots

….and possibly replacements for Downes and/or Wolf, but a left back mainly.

Other than that the lack of finances will dictate.

Trimming the squad might actually help our hopeless manager focus his thoughts a little bit.

Obviously this will all go to pot once preseason starts and they all start dropping like flies, but that's a different story.

Honestly, I don't see either of them leaving, the transfer market is going to grind to a halt other than top division, free agents and swap deals.
Yep, we need a left back..... on 12:21 - Jun 26 with 3052 viewsBlueBadger

Yep, we need a left back..... on 11:56 - Jun 26 by Libero

Honestly, I don't see either of them leaving, the transfer market is going to grind to a halt other than top division, free agents and swap deals.

Oh, they'll go. Just for a fraction for what we'd have gotten under normal circumstances.

Probably to Derby.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 14:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yep, we need a left back..... on 12:37 - Jun 26 with 2997 viewsLibero

Yep, we need a left back..... on 12:21 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

Oh, they'll go. Just for a fraction for what we'd have gotten under normal circumstances.

Probably to Derby.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 14:12]

Any Championship club paying fees is taking an unbelievable gamble.
Championship clubs are already some of the most at risk clubs by nature of being in a division where it is somewhat culturally expected of the clubs to over spend in order to compete.

There are a lot of reckless owners in that division having to take a bit of a look at themselves in the mirror right now, not many of them are going to be looking at making large scale financial investments in players.

As I say, expect swap deals, freebies, loans and promotion of Academy prospects in the Championship. Yes, there will still be some players that come in for small fees but I'd be absolutely amazed if spending continues as was pre-pandemic below the Premier League.
Potential Free Signings? on 12:40 - Jun 26 with 2977 viewsMullet

Potential Free Signings? on 11:39 - Jun 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Gnanduillet for sure, but he won't be going anywhere for 1 year. at 28 years old, off the back of 15 goal season (30 games), he'll be looking for his 'big contract'.

Would offer him 3 year deal, but think we would be priced out of this.

Tommy Smith for certain, left footed balance, massive experience (even internationally) to be playing in League 1, about to have his first born, wants to be settling now, stars seemed to have aligned for this one.

If Woolfenden goes, Alim Otzurk, released by Sunderland.

Is he really 28? Shows how bad this division is that I assumed he was at least 5 years younger than that because he's stood out so much.

I'm hopeful Tyreece Simpson might be a super sub for a few games this season and unsettle teams.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell Jackson either.

Potential Free Signings? on 12:42 - Jun 26 with 2961 viewsMullet

Potential Free Signings? on 11:55 - Jun 26 by TractorTom29

Right now without any departures I would say we need 4:

GK to push Holy - Remi Matthews, out of contract at Bolton

CB - Tommy Smith, no brainer, just turned 30, loves the club, gives left sided balance

LWB - Marvin Johnson, out of contract at Boro', depends how they finish season if he stays
- Jordan Obita, if he gets released, out of contract at Reading', has injury issues though
- Calvin Miller, wildcard, released by Celtic, well thought of by Rodgers when he was there

ST - Target Man - Armand Gnanduillet, 15 lge goals last year, 6'2, fast, strong and good feet
- Atdhe Nuhiu, out of contract at Sheff W, giant unit, would be very useful

If Downes goes I would be looking for an experienced DM who can break things up and give us a bit of steel, again possible free agents:

Sam Hutchinson - Frozen out at Sheff W, wages may be an issue, good age, may be Champ interest

Kieran Lee - Again Sheff W, could get an extension though, experienced

Korey Smith - In and out for Bristol City this season, yet to be offered new deal, a few injuries this year though

I really like Remi Matthews (that connection aside) but we really can't carry two senior keepers. It's not even a Gerks/Bart crossroads it just allows Lambert to dither. Either he backs Holy or he doesn't.

I think we're about 5 years too late for Lee, always liked him but I can't imagine he'd fancy the move or drop here.

Yep, we need a left back..... on 12:44 - Jun 26 with 2946 viewsBlueBadger

Yep, we need a left back..... on 12:37 - Jun 26 by Libero

Any Championship club paying fees is taking an unbelievable gamble.
Championship clubs are already some of the most at risk clubs by nature of being in a division where it is somewhat culturally expected of the clubs to over spend in order to compete.

There are a lot of reckless owners in that division having to take a bit of a look at themselves in the mirror right now, not many of them are going to be looking at making large scale financial investments in players.

As I say, expect swap deals, freebies, loans and promotion of Academy prospects in the Championship. Yes, there will still be some players that come in for small fees but I'd be absolutely amazed if spending continues as was pre-pandemic below the Premier League.

So, like I said, probably Derby.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Potential Free Signings? on 12:45 - Jun 26 with 2947 viewsLibero

Potential Free Signings? on 12:42 - Jun 26 by Mullet

I really like Remi Matthews (that connection aside) but we really can't carry two senior keepers. It's not even a Gerks/Bart crossroads it just allows Lambert to dither. Either he backs Holy or he doesn't.

I think we're about 5 years too late for Lee, always liked him but I can't imagine he'd fancy the move or drop here.

Agree Re: Two senior keepers.

Select a number one and set him up with a young understudy.
Yep, we need a left back..... on 12:51 - Jun 26 with 2909 viewsrickw

Yep, we need a left back..... on 11:56 - Jun 26 by Libero

I agree I think a lot of clubs will be cutting their costs and not making any big signings unless they have to replace someone being sold for even more money!

I can't see us signing Smith, Lambert didn't want him in January, we still have Wilson, if we did sign him, then Woolfenden will play with one other and that would leave 2 experienced D-C's out of the team.

I'd like us to get Gnanduillet - it's been a while since we've had a decent targetman!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Potential Free Signings? on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 2907 viewsPinewoodblue

Think a lot of people are looking in the wrong division. Players currently on Championship wages are probably out of reach.

Lower your sights folks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Exactly. (n/t) on 12:55 - Jun 26 with 2886 viewsBloots

Potential Free Signings? on 12:53 - Jun 26 by Pinewoodblue

Think a lot of people are looking in the wrong division. Players currently on Championship wages are probably out of reach.

Lower your sights folks.

Potential Free Signings? on 13:03 - Jun 26 with 2854 viewsBlueBadger

Potential Free Signings? on 12:53 - Jun 26 by Pinewoodblue

Lower your sights folks.

If we're lucky, we'll be picking up decent players from the division plus a few freebies, Downes and Woolf will go and we will finish 15th after spending the first half of the season flirting with relegation.

Lambert will probably get the sack as a result of the latter though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024