Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radiohead 20:39 - Jun 26 with 1930 viewsvapour_trail

Anyone listening else to the Glastonbury sets 6 music are currently running through.

It’s great stuff.

I was desperate to see them in 97 but got banjoed early doors and stayed in some place pumping out techno all night. That’s supposed to be the legendary set.

Saw them in 03 which was great.

They’ve moved onto the 17 set on the wireless now which sounds the best of the lot, full back catalogue in play.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Radiohead on 20:41 - Jun 26 with 1378 viewsSteve_M

I listened to the '97 part. Watching Arcade Fire on iPlayer now.

BBC coverage of Glastonbury plus 6 Music is worth the licence fee alone.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Radiohead on 20:57 - Jun 26 with 1335 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 20:41 - Jun 26 by Steve_M

I listened to the '97 part. Watching Arcade Fire on iPlayer now.

BBC coverage of Glastonbury plus 6 Music is worth the licence fee alone.

Did orbital last night. Either underworld or LCD later.

It’s a treasure trove.

Radiohead on 21:00 - Jun 26 with 1328 viewsSwansea_Blue

I need to give them another try at some point. I thought they were great up to The Bends and then disappeared up their own backsides.

That may well be harsh and I know they picked up a lot of new fans from that point on. Maybe I just prefer the early stuff when they were a bit harder.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Radiohead on 21:03 - Jun 26 with 1315 viewsDubtractor

Radiohead on 20:57 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

Did orbital last night. Either underworld or LCD later.

It’s a treasure trove.

That LCD set is incredible.

Now watching Primal Scream.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Radiohead on 21:07 - Jun 26 with 1310 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 21:03 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

That LCD set is incredible.

Now watching Primal Scream.

I saw them there on one of my early visits. Gillespie was more fcked than most of us, sat cross legged on the stage for large parts. Saw them again around xtrmntr time, and they blew the place apart, was amazing.

Radiohead on 21:10 - Jun 26 with 1304 viewsDubtractor

Radiohead on 21:07 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

I saw them there on one of my early visits. Gillespie was more fcked than most of us, sat cross legged on the stage for large parts. Saw them again around xtrmntr time, and they blew the place apart, was amazing.

Despite going to a couple of festivals every year since 96 I've never done Glasto. Doubt I will now either, just too many people for me!

Saw Primals twice doing Xtrmntr and they were indeed incredible - that album works really well live with a bit more roughness around the edges.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Radiohead on 21:57 - Jun 26 with 1261 viewsMelford

Radiohead on 21:10 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

Despite going to a couple of festivals every year since 96 I've never done Glasto. Doubt I will now either, just too many people for me!

Saw Primals twice doing Xtrmntr and they were indeed incredible - that album works really well live with a bit more roughness around the edges.

Primal Scream with Kevin Shields in their ranks at XTRMNTR time were ***king awesome.
I've never been to Glasto properly, there was a time when it was a free-for-all on the Saturday once the fences had been done over. I got in on the Sunday in 2000 when Bowie played, we parked up miles back and just walked in.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Radiohead on 22:21 - Jun 26 with 1237 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 21:57 - Jun 26 by Melford

Primal Scream with Kevin Shields in their ranks at XTRMNTR time were ***king awesome.
I've never been to Glasto properly, there was a time when it was a free-for-all on the Saturday once the fences had been done over. I got in on the Sunday in 2000 when Bowie played, we parked up miles back and just walked in.

We went through the 90s and early 00s, when you could go under, over or through the fence. 2000 we camped outside the site up from the circle and just walked in and out every day, was quite roomy.

It’s a fun place, the trick is not to make plans as you’ve no chance of sticking for them. Missed Bowie for the same earlier reason as radiohead.

Login to get fewer ads

Radiohead on 22:31 - Jun 26 with 1220 viewsMelford

Radiohead on 22:21 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

We went through the 90s and early 00s, when you could go under, over or through the fence. 2000 we camped outside the site up from the circle and just walked in and out every day, was quite roomy.

It’s a fun place, the trick is not to make plans as you’ve no chance of sticking for them. Missed Bowie for the same earlier reason as radiohead.

That weekend I was staying at my housemate's place in Bristol and on the Sat/Sun people would take off down there when the fences just to go and party or deal pills and green.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Radiohead on 22:36 - Jun 26 with 1209 viewsDubtractor

Now watching Love with Arthur Lee, which has me wondering what happened to Feeling Blue? He always had the Forever Changes album as his avatar.

Radiohead on 22:52 - Jun 26 with 1189 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 22:36 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

Now watching Love with Arthur Lee, which has me wondering what happened to Feeling Blue? He always had the Forever Changes album as his avatar.

Saw him here recently.

Alone again or is one of the greatest pop songs written.

Radiohead on 22:57 - Jun 26 with 1178 viewsjeera

Radiohead on 22:52 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

Saw him here recently.

Alone again or is one of the greatest pop songs written.

If someone were to suggest they preferred The Damned's version, they'd be a music outcast wouldn't they?

Asking for a friend of course.

He's not even a close friend, so you know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Radiohead on 23:04 - Jun 26 with 1169 viewsPablokuqi

I am hoping these sets are on iplayer somewhere for me to enjoy. My favourite band by a distance. Was listening to 6 music earlier in evening too.
Radiohead on 23:07 - Jun 26 with 1158 viewsjeera

Radiohead on 23:04 - Jun 26 by Pablokuqi

I am hoping these sets are on iplayer somewhere for me to enjoy. My favourite band by a distance. Was listening to 6 music earlier in evening too.

I just had a look and it said 'unavailable'.

You can watch Beyonce. But I don't really want to watch Beyonce.

Radiohead on 23:10 - Jun 26 with 1155 viewsDubtractor

Radiohead on 23:07 - Jun 26 by jeera

I just had a look and it said 'unavailable'.

You can watch Beyonce. But I don't really want to watch Beyonce.

Loads available here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx/glastonbury?seriesId=b007r6vx-4-

Radiohead on 23:12 - Jun 26 with 1152 viewsjeera

Radiohead on 23:10 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

Loads available here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx/glastonbury?seriesId=b007r6vx-4-

How the hell did I miss that page?

Oh well, cheers Dubbers.

Radiohead on 23:16 - Jun 26 with 1144 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 23:04 - Jun 26 by Pablokuqi

I believe the iPlayer should be your friend for the next 30 days or so.

Radiohead on 23:18 - Jun 26 with 1137 viewsbluewein

As I don't have to work this weekend I will be spending most of it watching the Lcd set on repeat with (minor) inconveniences of Jon Hopkins, Four Tet and that Oasis '94 set...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Radiohead on 23:18 - Jun 26 with 1137 viewsPablokuqi

Radiohead on 23:16 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

I believe the iPlayer should be your friend for the next 30 days or so.

Cheers looks like I have the weekend's entertainment sorted.
Radiohead on 23:18 - Jun 26 with 1138 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 22:57 - Jun 26 by jeera

If someone were to suggest they preferred The Damned's version, they'd be a music outcast wouldn't they?

Asking for a friend of course.

He's not even a close friend, so you know.

The damned version was the first one I heard. Anyone thinking it’s the superior version should probably razor their fcking ears off though.

Radiohead on 23:20 - Jun 26 with 1135 viewsjeera

Radiohead on 23:18 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

The damned version was the first one I heard. Anyone thinking it’s the superior version should probably razor their fcking ears off though.

I shall mention it when I see them and ensure it's never spoken of again.

Radiohead on 23:21 - Jun 26 with 1128 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 23:20 - Jun 26 by jeera

I shall mention it when I see them and ensure it's never spoken of again.

Unfortunate that you won’t hear the response.

Radiohead on 23:22 - Jun 26 with 1125 viewsjeera

Radiohead on 23:21 - Jun 26 by vapour_trail

Unfortunate that you won’t hear the response.

What?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 23:25]

Radiohead on 00:40 - Jun 27 with 1068 viewsJakeITFC

I’ve never been to Glastonbury, I tried desperately hard for tickets this year (including an especially frustrating hungover morning on the worst WiFi I’ve ever encountered in a Blackpool b&b post Fleetwood away).

I’m an avid follower of as many sets as I can on TV of the weekend it’s on every year, and I echo the above thoughts that LCD Soundsystem is one of the best sets to have happened there.

In terms of Radiohead, all of the Glasto sets are legendary - I have my favourite personal set of theirs (Florence, 2017), but the best committed to video is this for my money:
Radiohead on 01:21 - Jun 27 with 1045 viewsvapour_trail

Radiohead on 00:40 - Jun 27 by JakeITFC

I’ve never been to Glastonbury, I tried desperately hard for tickets this year (including an especially frustrating hungover morning on the worst WiFi I’ve ever encountered in a Blackpool b&b post Fleetwood away).

I’m an avid follower of as many sets as I can on TV of the weekend it’s on every year, and I echo the above thoughts that LCD Soundsystem is one of the best sets to have happened there.

In terms of Radiohead, all of the Glasto sets are legendary - I have my favourite personal set of theirs (Florence, 2017), but the best committed to video is this for my money:

My favourite radiohead related gig was atoms for peace at the roundhouse, which was extraordinary.

Not impressed with the EOB, project Jake. Sounds like below average u2.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024