Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... 21:12 - Jun 26 with 1890 views66notout

...and I was shouted down by those who thought they knew better. I was anti-Lambert from day one and always felt he would show his true colours. But buying drinks and paying fans’ bus fares bought him time to which he was not entitled and we are now stuck with the loser and his predictable diatribe at press conferences. I’ve got to ask if there is anyone out there who still genuinely believes that Lambert deserves to be in charge?
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 21:15 - Jun 26 with 1879 viewsMrTown

Thank you for letting us know what you thought 2 years ago.

For the past 2 years, every night I have been thinking, what was 66notout's view on Paul Lambert.

I will sleep easy tonight for the first time in a long time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 21:23 - Jun 26 with 1841 views66notout

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 21:15 - Jun 26 by MrTown

Thank you for letting us know what you thought 2 years ago.

For the past 2 years, every night I have been thinking, what was 66notout's view on Paul Lambert.

I will sleep easy tonight for the first time in a long time.

Sorry to hear about your insomnia and you are welcome.
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 11:25 - Jun 27 with 1652 viewsBlueBadger

This is going to upset Bluefish who is convinced he's the only one and everyone else is just jumping on his bandwagon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:11 - Jun 27 with 1593 viewsDarth_Koont

Maybe people were reacting to your "anti-Lambert from day one" stance?

It's perfectly legitimate to express questions or doubts at the start. But anyone with already pre-formed views who doesn't wait for any applicable evidence should be criticised on that basis.

Pronouns: He/Him

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 1523 views66notout

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:11 - Jun 27 by Darth_Koont

Maybe people were reacting to your "anti-Lambert from day one" stance?

It's perfectly legitimate to express questions or doubts at the start. But anyone with already pre-formed views who doesn't wait for any applicable evidence should be criticised on that basis.

I don’t disagree with that point of view but prefer the term ‘informed opinion’ although I concede it was merely based on his prior record as a manager, with the obvious exception of his spell at CR.
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 16:05 - Jun 27 with 1457 viewsDarth_Koont

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:45 - Jun 27 by 66notout

I don’t disagree with that point of view but prefer the term ‘informed opinion’ although I concede it was merely based on his prior record as a manager, with the obvious exception of his spell at CR.

That's fair enough. But who would have been a success or failure in recent years based purely on their previous record?

I think we certainly have to be suspicious of Evans's record of hiring duds as arguably only Mick achieved anything like his target. But given the managers have had success elsewhere then there has to be some benefit of the doubt at the start, surely?

I gave that to Lambert given the mess he inherited. But then I was underwhelmed by the rest of that season and this season has been even worse. I certainly don't think he's done enough over that period to deserve more time - but he's got it and I'll hope against hope that he can now prove me wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 00:30 - Jun 28 with 1348 viewsSeablu

I was also underwhelmed with his appointment.

However, I’ve never felt the need to subsequently rub the noses of the ever hopeful in a faceful of smug poo.
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 08:49 - Jun 28 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

How helpful do you think it is to be anti a new manager from day 1? By all means have reservations about their appointment, but being anti them from the start? Seems a dick move to me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 10:03 - Jun 28 with 1177 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:19 - Jun 28 with 1098 viewspatrickswell

It’s interesting in isn’t it? Had Lambert been appointed Mick’s direct successor then there would have been a lot of unhappiness based around the reasons you’ve mentioned coupled with the fact that he didn’t represent the young and upcoming manager which so many wanted to see.

In the event, he got the job because the young and upcoming manager had precipitated a near mutiny among players and coaches as well as a string of poor results, so an experienced campaigner was what was looked towards to settle things down. It’s just a shame that a calmer mood behind the scenes has done nothing to arrest decline and poor decision making on the pitch. Evans has effectively washed his hands of us and we’re now under the control of a confirmed busted flush, with two failed ITFC briefs under his belt and he’s still stuck with some of the worst players we have ever had under his charge.
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:22 - Jun 28 with 1090 viewsShawsey

Would you have posted an apology if Lambert had done ok? I doubt it. Well done though, must be nice to always be proved right.
I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 1059 viewsjaykay

I recall expressing the view that Paul Lambert was the wrong choice... on 10:03 - Jun 28 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

i think the old adage 'if you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything'.
could apply here ,as it did for pecker
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 13:45]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024