Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug 10:20 - Jun 27 with 762 viewsNewcyBlue

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-jacob-rees-mogg-de

“ Even things as simple as the weather may have influenced how the virus has spread, and so may the practices of individual cultures and societies.”

When he says the practices of individual cultures and societies do you think he means the white folk getting boozed up “protecting statues”, or, do you think he just doesn’t like brown people?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 10:21 - Jun 27 with 739 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure some of his best friends are people of colour.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 11:01 - Jun 27 with 685 viewsOldsmoker

Hmmm.
We seem to have a lot of theories kicking around as to why the UK has had a lot more deaths than other countries.
Bad govt. planning, weather, social conditions esp BAME people, face masks, 1m or 2m, PPE preparedness etc.
If ever there was a need for a public inquiry to dispel the bullsh1t and find the truth then this is it.
If a public enquiry into racial equality is neccessary, even though we have numerous reports on this matter already, then surely a report into the pandemic is justified. We don't have any reports on pandemics up till now so to have just ONE would be useful to guard against the next pandemic.

Whatever is the right thing to do the Tories seem to want to do the opposite.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 11:16 - Jun 27 with 658 viewsKeno

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 10:21 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

I'm sure some of his best friends are people of colour.

so many colours and all sorts of denominations ......

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/current-banknotes

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 11:46 - Jun 27 with 637 viewsPablokuqi

Based on theories you could argue that the abnormally high levels of sunshine we have had during the spring/early summer could have reduced deaths. I think the late lockdown is the main cause and that is what the review will find. Two reasons for this: Firstly they didn't realise how high the numbers were in the community at the beginning of March, due to lack of testing capacity I might add and secondly the belief that the British public would not tolerate an extreme lock down when the numbers were so low.

You have a worrying situation now when there are 150 deaths reported and the virus is described as 'fizzling out'.

I have no idea what will happen going forward and whether we will get a second spike or not but if we get the numbers in November that we have had in March we are in serious trouble. I can't see the public being this rule applicant again, we missed that opportunity.

With regards the country as an international hub, there is no doubt that is a problem and will be going forward. But we made no effort to stop/check people. I am sure we all have stories of friends/families returning home from abroad mid/late March without a second glance.
It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 13:10 - Jun 27 with 584 viewsbluelagos

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 11:46 - Jun 27 by Pablokuqi

Based on theories you could argue that the abnormally high levels of sunshine we have had during the spring/early summer could have reduced deaths. I think the late lockdown is the main cause and that is what the review will find. Two reasons for this: Firstly they didn't realise how high the numbers were in the community at the beginning of March, due to lack of testing capacity I might add and secondly the belief that the British public would not tolerate an extreme lock down when the numbers were so low.

You have a worrying situation now when there are 150 deaths reported and the virus is described as 'fizzling out'.

I have no idea what will happen going forward and whether we will get a second spike or not but if we get the numbers in November that we have had in March we are in serious trouble. I can't see the public being this rule applicant again, we missed that opportunity.

With regards the country as an international hub, there is no doubt that is a problem and will be going forward. But we made no effort to stop/check people. I am sure we all have stories of friends/families returning home from abroad mid/late March without a second glance.

Mid and late February, I was temperature checked / screened before and after flying in Nigeria - at three different airports including internal flights.

Flew back to heathrow early March, nothing. Not even a leaflet explaining symptoms etc.

A third world country was making more effort to screen passengers / arrivals than we were in the UK.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

It’s the weathers fault says Reek-Smug on 14:32 - Jun 27 with 525 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think he means the increased death rate among BAME people and it is shocking evidence that we now have higher BAME population than all the countries with indigenous BAME populations. See his ilk warned we would be overrun.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024