Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge 14:45 - Jun 27 with 2979 viewspatrickswell

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/shrewsbury-not-interested-in-selling-nolan-t
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 14:48 - Jun 27 with 2517 viewsbournemouthblue

What happened to Jon Nolan?

He looks a tidy enough player but there seems to be little evidence that he's a goalscoring midfielder?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 14:56 - Jun 27 with 2456 viewshoppy

That Shrewsbury manager definitely sounds as though he knows what he's talking about, and obviously knows how to manage players...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 14:57 - Jun 27 with 2453 viewsericclacton

Has got to be one of the most overrated midfield players since the year dot.

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:03 - Jun 27 with 2416 viewsDubtractor

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 14:57 - Jun 27 by ericclacton

I'm with you Eric. He does literally nothing of any note at all bar a few short tidy passes.

Loads of our support have slated Skuse over the years, but Skuse is Pirlo compared to Nolan.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:04 - Jun 27 with 2407 viewsbournemouthblue

We've had a few over the years

We paid over the odds for both Leadbitter and Norris. Leadbitter came in and looked excellent but soon dipped.

Norris was alright without every being spectacular, we certainly paid over the odds for him because of the sell on Bolton had with Plymouth?

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 2341 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:03 - Jun 27 by Dubtractor

I'm with you Eric. He does literally nothing of any note at all bar a few short tidy passes.

Loads of our support have slated Skuse over the years, but Skuse is Pirlo compared to Nolan.

Don't most of our players do little more than tidy short passes and the fact they have been able to do better before joining us suggests the players are not the issue there.

The again, why are Vincent-Young and Garbutt able to take opposition players on and beat them when other players don't try to?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:39 - Jun 27 with 2310 viewsBlueBadger

Even in that department, he's second best given that we also have Alan Judge on our books...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:45 - Jun 27 with 2275 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:39 - Jun 27 by BlueBadger

Even in that department, he's second best given that we also have Alan Judge on our books...

and PR crew as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:46 - Jun 27 with 2272 viewsericclacton

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:30 - Jun 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Don't most of our players do little more than tidy short passes and the fact they have been able to do better before joining us suggests the players are not the issue there.

The again, why are Vincent-Young and Garbutt able to take opposition players on and beat them when other players don't try to?

Well that's down to the rubbish coaching staff we now have at Ipswich there is simply no rhyme or reason to style of playing , i'ts just made up as they go along.
Garbutt was a show pony at ipswich and was never going to stay here in a million years.
Getting back to No Sweat Nolan he arrived with the lorry load of rubbish player brought in by Paul i know nothing about football coaching Hurst, hired by the lunatic owner Evans who should stick to hotels and golf promoting, bloody jokers.

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:48 - Jun 27 with 2254 viewsBlueBadger

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:45 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

and PR crew as well.

Skuse looks like Pirlo next to those two.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:49 - Jun 27 with 2248 viewsHerbivore

Nolan is an odd one. He hasn't done it here at all, though very occasionally there are glimpses that make you think the kid has some ability. He looks to me like he's playing within himself a lot of the time, I do wonder if the move was just too big for him as he doesn't look the player I saw in a few Shrewsbury games the season before he joined us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:51 - Jun 27 with 2237 viewsbournemouthblue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:49 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

Nolan is an odd one. He hasn't done it here at all, though very occasionally there are glimpses that make you think the kid has some ability. He looks to me like he's playing within himself a lot of the time, I do wonder if the move was just too big for him as he doesn't look the player I saw in a few Shrewsbury games the season before he joined us.

He's one of those who would probably move to another club and look decent again

It would be just our luck

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:53 - Jun 27 with 2235 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:48 - Jun 27 by BlueBadger

Skuse looks like Pirlo next to those two.

No. Just the same as them that is not showing any passion and not fighting for the shirt. Just like the majority of this team.

But this is obvious why you stick up for him. Very, very obvious ! It's so touching
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:53 - Jun 27 with 2230 viewsBlueBadger

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:53 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

No. Just the same as them that is not showing any passion and not fighting for the shirt. Just like the majority of this team.

But this is obvious why you stick up for him. Very, very obvious ! It's so touching

You should probably seek help for this.

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 2222 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:53 - Jun 27 by BlueBadger

You should probably seek help for this.

Aha, because I have got the different opinion than you.

You should probably start watching our games.
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:18 - Jun 27 with 2144 viewsmonty_radio

While I agree that he hasn't done too much more than merit the very faint praise of "tidy", I think it might make a difference if he was playing in a formation that suited. As it is, we have a glut of midfielders, yet not one that takes on an opponent and goes past then delivers the killer pass (the last bit rules out Downes, though that may still come).

Norris, Judge, Nolan - none of them, even with hefty fee and/or reputation proved to be that midfielder that really opens teams up. A.D. plays that pass occasionally but from so far back, it's only ever going to be a two or three times a season gem.

So many of our midfielders aren't quite box-to-box, nor D.M nor defence-splitters. But then I suppose at our level our defenders don't defend, and our attackers don't really strike.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:24 - Jun 27 with 2121 viewsHerbivore

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 15:54 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Aha, because I have got the different opinion than you.

You should probably start watching our games.

I watch our games and I also find your obsession with Skuse and Chambers weird.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:28 - Jun 27 with 2102 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:24 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

I watch our games and I also find your obsession with Skuse and Chambers weird.

And I do care what you find in my 'obsession'.

Same kind of obsession just like others about Judge, Nolan, Edwards, Nsiala.

However we had been talking about this a lot and you keep coming back to this. What's the point?
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:47 - Jun 27 with 2055 viewspatrickswell

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:28 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

And I do care what you find in my 'obsession'.

Same kind of obsession just like others about Judge, Nolan, Edwards, Nsiala.

However we had been talking about this a lot and you keep coming back to this. What's the point?

But over the course of their Ipswich careers, Chambers and Skuse have shown considerably more skill, heart and passion for us than Judge, Nolan, Edwards and Nsiala.

They remember what it was like to be part of a competitive, good Ipswich side. It must break their hearts to see Nolan’s gutless performances.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 16:47]
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:50 - Jun 27 with 2032 viewsBlueBadger

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 16:47 - Jun 27 by patrickswell

But over the course of their Ipswich careers, Chambers and Skuse have shown considerably more skill, heart and passion for us than Judge, Nolan, Edwards and Nsiala.

They remember what it was like to be part of a competitive, good Ipswich side. It must break their hearts to see Nolan’s gutless performances.

In all fairness to Nolan, he's never played under a competent ITFC manager either.

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 17:02 - Jun 27 with 2009 viewsMach_foreignBlue

They had been the members of the team that finished 6th and 7th in the Championship. That doesn't mean though they are exempt from criticism as they cost us points and goals on some occasions. They are just the sacred cows for some.

Can you honestly tell us they are inspirational leaders who show some passion on the pitch? They certainly show some passion though in the interviews, magnificent PR stuff isn't it?

Moreover we had been told by some last season that their experience would be vital for us in League One......oh yes it helped us finishing 11th.
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 17:37 - Jun 27 with 1923 viewsjudespiveyg

Yeah they were members of the playoff side but they were the more average members of that side. Chambers at right back was easily the weakest of that back four of Mings, Berra and Smith. You could argue Parr would have been a better fit at right back too.

Skuse was outshone by Bishop that season, Hyam was arguably playing as well as Skuse before he got injured. Bru had more goals and assists as well.

So you're correct that they were in a good team but they certainly weren't the main reason for that teams success.

As for Nolan, yes he's painfully average but he's outscored and got more assists than Skuse in both his seasons here.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 18:11 - Jun 27 with 1863 viewspatrickswell

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 17:02 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

They had been the members of the team that finished 6th and 7th in the Championship. That doesn't mean though they are exempt from criticism as they cost us points and goals on some occasions. They are just the sacred cows for some.

Can you honestly tell us they are inspirational leaders who show some passion on the pitch? They certainly show some passion though in the interviews, magnificent PR stuff isn't it?

Moreover we had been told by some last season that their experience would be vital for us in League One......oh yes it helped us finishing 11th.

Chambers has played with broken wrists and injured ribs for us. Nolan barely gets dirt on his shorts.
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 18:19 - Jun 27 with 1839 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 18:11 - Jun 27 by patrickswell

Chambers has played with broken wrists and injured ribs for us. Nolan barely gets dirt on his shorts.

Yes he did.

But once again he isn't exempt of criticism.
Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 1813 viewsSpruceMoose

Another bullet that Norwich managed to dodge on 18:19 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes he did.

But once again he isn't exempt of criticism.

I think people are mainly just puzzled as to why you single those two out for criticism constantly, when there are players in the side who are probably far more deserving of criticism.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 18:30]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024