Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More evidence of China's crimes against humanity 07:41 - Jun 29 with 1316 viewsSteve_M

Forced birth control for Uighars:

https://apnews.com/269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c

Utterly miserable reading.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 08:02 - Jun 29 with 1289 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

States in the hands of elites are terrible things.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 08:13 - Jun 29 with 1271 viewsStokieBlue

Awful.

Cultural genocide creeping into a slow physical genocide.

SB
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 8:17]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 08:14 - Jun 29 with 1269 viewsWeWereZombies

That is a disturbing read, if China is practising overt eugenics (even if only in a relatively small geographic area) then there should be a United Nations investigation. But that would be dependant upon pressure from the two other 'super powers', neither of whom have leaders who are likely to show leadership in the matter. Nevertheless, an interesting article and it sits uneasily with the Storyville documentary 'One Child Nation' that was linked on here some months ago.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 11:03 - Jun 29 with 1210 viewshampstead_blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 08:14 - Jun 29 by WeWereZombies

That is a disturbing read, if China is practising overt eugenics (even if only in a relatively small geographic area) then there should be a United Nations investigation. But that would be dependant upon pressure from the two other 'super powers', neither of whom have leaders who are likely to show leadership in the matter. Nevertheless, an interesting article and it sits uneasily with the Storyville documentary 'One Child Nation' that was linked on here some months ago.

China have played a very astute hand.

They are too big to fail now. The global reliance on them is so entrenched they can do exactly what they chose.

We took the bait with cheap consumer goods and are sadly having to accept the consequences.

Someone has to make a stand.....Oh hang-on someone is.....Trump! I'm not a fan, he is a muppet and I would never vote for him. He is the only one trying to rally countries against them......maybe for the wrong reasons, but still he's shouting .

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 11:16 - Jun 29 with 1195 viewsWeWereZombies

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 11:03 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

They are too big to fail now. The global reliance on them is so entrenched they can do exactly what they chose.

We took the bait with cheap consumer goods and are sadly having to accept the consequences.

Someone has to make a stand.....Oh hang-on someone is.....Trump! I'm not a fan, he is a muppet and I would never vote for him. He is the only one trying to rally countries against them......maybe for the wrong reasons, but still he's shouting .

You sure about that last paragraph?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53138833

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 12:04 - Jun 29 with 1165 viewsmatteoblue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 11:03 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

I don't think China is as far advanced as you might think. They rely heavily on exported goods, and their economy is a long way from being developed. The US still have the power to really hurt them, whereas there are plenty of other countries offering cheap imports.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 13:49 - Jun 29 with 1118 viewshampstead_blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 11:16 - Jun 29 by WeWereZombies

You sure about that last paragraph?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53138833

I hadn't seen that, thanks.

It's bonkers.
On one hand Trump is crowing about Huawai and the other seems to be talking trade.
I give up.

Maybe we go back to a period where 'Made in Taiwan' was the way to enjoy cheaper manufacturing.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 14:07 - Jun 29 with 1101 viewsSwansea_Blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 13:49 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

I hadn't seen that, thanks.

It's bonkers.
On one hand Trump is crowing about Huawai and the other seems to be talking trade.
I give up.

Maybe we go back to a period where 'Made in Taiwan' was the way to enjoy cheaper manufacturing.

It's easy with Trump. If he's talking, there's a 99% chance it will be either insane bollox or a lie. Far safer to not believe a word of what he says.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 14:18 - Jun 29 with 1089 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's appalling. And the rest if the world is letting them get on with it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 14:22 - Jun 29 with 1079 viewsSwansea_Blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 14:18 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

Again.

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:16 - Jun 29 with 1045 viewshampstead_blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 14:18 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

As I've said, China have fed us a diet of investment and cheap manufacturing whilst behaving in an utterly appalling manner.

We've let it happen and only ourselves to blame.

How can we stop them?

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:22 - Jun 29 with 1036 viewsGlasgowBlue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:16 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

As I've said, China have fed us a diet of investment and cheap manufacturing whilst behaving in an utterly appalling manner.

How can we stop them?

This is a good brief read about how we have let China into every aspect of our lives. And not just in this country.

https://unherd.com/2020/04/china-is-preparing-for-war/

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:59 - Jun 29 with 1005 viewsWeWereZombies

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:22 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

This is a good brief read about how we have let China into every aspect of our lives. And not just in this country.

Fair bit of hubris and rehash in that link, in my opinion. We know, or we should know as it has been going on for years, that the Belt and Road project is a grab of resources in exchange for funding. What the article does not mention is that the biggest grab is for food, China plans to feed its growing population at the expense of smaller, and now indebted, nations.

However, the idea that China is about to launch total war seems far fetched, at the moment. As I pointed out to Stokie a few weeks ago, China's status as a nuclear power if less than if Britain and France combined their arsenals. Compared to Russia and the United States all three are bit part players. So China's power on the World stage is currently dependant upon its economy, which will take a hit from the pandemic. And, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, other Asian nations are coming up on the rail quite fast behind China. They may not overtake but the inroads are being made that will weaken China's dominance. Vietnam and Indonesia are obvious examples but the Phillipines, Pakistan, even Laos will provide alternatives to supply by China. Further afield Turkey, Mexico and Brazil are nations with sizeable populations that are also expected to increase market share. Later in the century we may see similar trends in Nigeria, Ethiopia ans South Africa.

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 16:33 - Jun 29 with 975 viewsSteve_M

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:22 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

I've not go time to read that now but the Belt and Road Initiative is colonial in intent however it's dressed up. The history of countries ending up in debt to China after being unable to keep up onerous interest payments on schemes that haven't delivered on returns is a bad sign.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 16:41 - Jun 29 with 962 viewshampstead_blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:59 - Jun 29 by WeWereZombies

Fair bit of hubris and rehash in that link, in my opinion. We know, or we should know as it has been going on for years, that the Belt and Road project is a grab of resources in exchange for funding. What the article does not mention is that the biggest grab is for food, China plans to feed its growing population at the expense of smaller, and now indebted, nations.

However, the idea that China is about to launch total war seems far fetched, at the moment. As I pointed out to Stokie a few weeks ago, China's status as a nuclear power if less than if Britain and France combined their arsenals. Compared to Russia and the United States all three are bit part players. So China's power on the World stage is currently dependant upon its economy, which will take a hit from the pandemic. And, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread, other Asian nations are coming up on the rail quite fast behind China. They may not overtake but the inroads are being made that will weaken China's dominance. Vietnam and Indonesia are obvious examples but the Phillipines, Pakistan, even Laos will provide alternatives to supply by China. Further afield Turkey, Mexico and Brazil are nations with sizeable populations that are also expected to increase market share. Later in the century we may see similar trends in Nigeria, Ethiopia ans South Africa.

Interesting take on the ties which come with China's funding.

The IMF and World Bank (and the EU with Greece's recent funding as well) have long added clauses for countries to pretty much hand over their crown jewels for funding.
I'm talking of things such as utilities, mineral wealth, infrastructure projects et all.

Not something we have stopped or batted an eye too. Shameful.

Money should be lent for a fair return, not to pull down a poor countries pants and whack their backside.

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 17:30 - Jun 29 with 934 viewsSwansea_Blue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 15:16 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

How can we stop them?

I think we need to give them another telecoms contract. That'll learn 'em!

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 18:17 - Jun 29 with 905 viewsClapham_Junction

It's equally worrying that there is barely any opposition to this amongst the Chinese population, which is the only group of people their government is really scared of.

Even the ones who have lived in the UK for years are largely unwilling to admit their government is doing anything wrong. They have been completely brainwashed into believing that the government is the country, criticism can't be separated and everything they do is for the good of the country.

The only way I can see it being resolved through external pressure is having a united front against them internationally. Unfortunately most of the bigger players (except Canada, France and Germany) are in the hands of complete f*ckwits at the moment, meaning there is zero chance of this happening :(
More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 19:00 - Jun 29 with 868 viewsCoco

How can we stop them?

They’ve also ‘invested’ a lot n the Caribbean islands which isn’t only destroying them but also gives them some quite handy military positioning.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 19:10 - Jun 29 with 860 viewsStokieBlue

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 19:00 - Jun 29 by Coco

They’ve also ‘invested’ a lot n the Caribbean islands which isn’t only destroying them but also gives them some quite handy military positioning.

They wouldn't put anything offensive on any islands int he Caribbean. There is nothing in it for them. They can't be the US militarily and there is no point provoking them as they could stop buying stuff.

There won't be a rerun of the Cuban missile crisis.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

More evidence of China's crimes against humanity on 20:24 - Jun 29 with 814 viewsBloomBlue

When China was allowed to enter the WTO there wasn't enough thought given to the consequences by world leaders at the time, we had a dearth of intelligent leaders then.

Then to add to that the rules they aligned China to weren't strong enough. China was supposed to open up to foreign goods/companies but have constantly put up various barriers. They were supposed to guarantee intellectual property rights, but have continued to pinch them ever since.
They've also been clever in how they follow the rules China was found to have undervalued its currency by 30% for years after joining the WTO, which made Chinese exports cheaper but there is no WTO provision on currency manipulation, which makes tackling the issue more difficult.
Trump is many things but he was right to stand up to China, but cheap Chinese goods now form the basis of everything across the world, take those out and prices increase will western consumers accept that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024