Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... 08:29 - Jun 29 with 2592 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

1. Huge scaling back on planning regulations (because the economy, stupid)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 08:37 - Jun 29 with 2140 viewsDubtractor

I definitely don't buy the conspiracy thoughts that the virus has been invented to allow global governments to trample on rights etc.

However, I 100% believe that our government (and others) will use this as an opportunity to take actions that they would otherwise be unable to take.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:31 - Jun 29 with 2072 viewsOldsmoker

They've already done one.
Step forward Chris Grayling, the new chairman of the Intelligence and Security committee.
Chris Grayling and Intelligence.
2 things you wouldn't expect to see in the same sentence.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 9:32]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:37 - Jun 29 with 2049 viewsOldsmoker

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:31 - Jun 29 by Oldsmoker

They've already done one.
Step forward Chris Grayling, the new chairman of the Intelligence and Security committee.
Chris Grayling and Intelligence.
2 things you wouldn't expect to see in the same sentence.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 9:32]

Grayling is so thick and incompetent that he wouldn't know how to release a report that's already been finished ie. the Report on Russian influence.

Which is why he was given the job.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:43 - Jun 29 with 2035 viewsStokieBlue

Do you mean with regards to house building on potential green belt sights?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:54 - Jun 29 with 2011 viewsGlasgowBlue

2. Paying people not to wok. Bloody communists!!!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:55 - Jun 29 with 2009 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hopefully!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:58 - Jun 29 with 1998 viewsWD19

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:43 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

SB

Can you *see* that happening?
Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:05 - Jun 29 with 1975 viewsDubtractor

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:58 - Jun 29 by WD19

I guess we'll find out whether that is the vision that the government has.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:08 - Jun 29 with 1965 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:05 - Jun 29 by Dubtractor

I guess we'll find out whether that is the vision that the government has.

Sounds like blind faith.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:11 - Jun 29 with 1961 viewsStokieBlue

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:58 - Jun 29 by WD19

Not enough coffee yet this morning.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:12 - Jun 29 with 1961 viewsfactual_blue

...because robert jenrick isn't rich enough already.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:13 - Jun 29 with 1960 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:54 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

They're quite good on borrowing manifesto pledges from other parties they'd previously trashed in election campaigns. Increased public spending being one. Politicising and merging DFID into the the FO being another (an explicit UKIP manifesto pledge I believe).

I don't believe Covid-19 will lead to greater levels of dismantling institutional organisations and governance structures (attacks on judiciary, civil service and parliament's strength itself). That was always the plan anyway, had already been happening and was one of the main reasons behind Brexit. Covid may be used as an excuse, but the changes would have happened anyway.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:52 - Jun 29 with 1901 viewsDarth_Koont

They're the party of "ungovernment".

Dismantling national and local government, as well as removing ourselves from international oversight, means those pesky regulations won't get in the way of a minority of people making money.

Almost everything they do is about turning public service into private interest.

Pronouns: He/Him

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:54 - Jun 29 with 1893 viewshampstead_blue

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:12 - Jun 29 by factual_blue

...because robert jenrick isn't rich enough already.

the Chancellor's wealth dwarf's that of Jenrick. Do you have anything to say about his amazing work?

Is he not 'too rich' for the left?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 11:35 - Jun 29 with 1840 viewsDarth_Koont

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 10:13 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

They're quite good on borrowing manifesto pledges from other parties they'd previously trashed in election campaigns. Increased public spending being one. Politicising and merging DFID into the the FO being another (an explicit UKIP manifesto pledge I believe).

I don't believe Covid-19 will lead to greater levels of dismantling institutional organisations and governance structures (attacks on judiciary, civil service and parliament's strength itself). That was always the plan anyway, had already been happening and was one of the main reasons behind Brexit. Covid may be used as an excuse, but the changes would have happened anyway.

Just bumped into this thread which is very good, and coming from someone who stands a way bit further to the right than me. I think he's more accurate in his summary here than he perhaps can admit to himself:

"Because I'm for reform. All is not well in the State of Albion, but without any notion of truth the project will be rotten at its core. A political confidence trick"

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 11:52 - Jun 29 with 1811 viewsPlums

The additional economic car crash that Brexit will bring will of course be blamed on COVID_19 which is why they are now chucking money around as they see no political consequence of doing so.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 12:28 - Jun 29 with 1759 viewsgordon

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 11:35 - Jun 29 by Darth_Koont

Just bumped into this thread which is very good, and coming from someone who stands a way bit further to the right than me. I think he's more accurate in his summary here than he perhaps can admit to himself:

"Because I'm for reform. All is not well in the State of Albion, but without any notion of truth the project will be rotten at its core. A political confidence trick"

A nice irony of the last few years is that this government got into power by claiming the opposition were chaotic revolutionaries hell-bent on destroying British Institutions.
Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 12:32 - Jun 29 with 1753 viewsbluelagos

Brexit.

They can go for it and blame any sh1t on CV.

Appreciate they probably would have done this anyway - but they may have been more inclined to ensure a no trade deal was in place. Now they can go no-deal without its consequences being as clear.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 12:58 - Jun 29 with 1710 viewsDarth_Koont

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 12:28 - Jun 29 by gordon

A nice irony of the last few years is that this government got into power by claiming the opposition were chaotic revolutionaries hell-bent on destroying British Institutions.

Indeed. Although that's what politicians would say.

However, the relentless and blindly accepted narrative of Labour chaos vs. Conservative stability is exactly where our media has failed the public.

Problem is that it's been going on for years.

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 14:47 - Jun 29 with 1617 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:43 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

SB

Nothing specific.....but that and infrastructure projects generally.

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 14:49 - Jun 29 with 1613 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 09:54 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

Were you specifically thinking of Chinese chefs...is this your new minority cause?

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 14:54 - Jun 29 with 1601 viewsKievthegreat

The suspension of one's right to trial by a jury of their peers.
Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 15:09 - Jun 29 with 1560 viewsSwansea_Blue

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 14:54 - Jun 29 by Kievthegreat

The suspension of one's right to trial by a jury of their peers.

Yes, that's quite a large and worrying move. And perfectly fits the requirement of the OP, with Covid being used as an excuse although there was a significant backlog of trials already due to previous cost cutting.

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 18:39 - Jun 29 with 1473 viewsKievthegreat

Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 15:09 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, that's quite a large and worrying move. And perfectly fits the requirement of the OP, with Covid being used as an excuse although there was a significant backlog of trials already due to previous cost cutting.

Especially given this government's record on making commitments and the reneging on them.
Things the government will push through using Coronavirus as cover... on 13:07 - Jun 30 with 1318 viewsSwansea_Blue

Relaxing planning raised its head again today, along with budgeting sleight of hand, after Boris' bizarre speech (cycling sharks anyone?).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024