Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... 11:06 - Jun 29 with 3430 viewsKieran_Knows

... in a couple of sentences.

Woolfenden’s game going to a new level in 2020 has coincided with Lambert taking the shackles off his wide centre-backs, ala Sheffield United. That pre-match conversation must, I venture, have been music to his ears.

“To be fair he didn’t really say it like that,” says Woolfenden. “It was more like ‘everyone just go’. I was buzzing with that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 11:08 - Jun 29 with 3392 viewsLibero

FFS :')
I literally give more detailed instructions to my lads that play on Monday nights.
The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 11:11 - Jun 29 with 3374 viewsSomethingBlue

To be fair, if they'd been working on it all week — or even for a few sessions — it won't have needed the Gettysburg Address.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 11:35 - Jun 29 with 3239 viewsWickets

Bet that was before the Burton at home game !
I wish he'd "just go". (n/t) on 12:10 - Jun 29 with 3130 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:19 - Jun 29 with 3080 viewsFixed_It

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 11:11 - Jun 29 by SomethingBlue

To be fair, if they'd been working on it all week — or even for a few sessions — it won't have needed the Gettysburg Address.

Quite. But that won't stop those who want to have a go from having a go.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:33 - Jun 29 with 3009 viewsKeno

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 11:11 - Jun 29 by SomethingBlue

I can see it now

Abraham Lincoln stands on the podium, the crowd hushes, he takes a breathe and declares "Just go lads"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:38 - Jun 29 with 2991 viewsHerbivore

This is true, but we rarely looked like we'd been working on anything related to shape or system in the week.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:39 - Jun 29 with 2987 viewsLibero

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:19 - Jun 29 by Fixed_It

LOL.
Login to get fewer ads

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:39 - Jun 29 with 2990 viewsmonty_radio

Missed out on chance of a little Shakespeare there, as in:

Stand not upon the order of your going, but go at once!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:40 - Jun 29 with 2983 viewsfooters

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:38 - Jun 29 by Herbivore

This is true, but we rarely looked like we'd been working on anything related to shape or system in the week.

Lambo's tactics board probably more resembles a Jackson Pollock. Just not as good, obviously.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:55 - Jun 29 with 2913 viewsEwan_Oozami

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:40 - Jun 29 by footers

Lambo's tactics board probably more resembles a Jackson Pollock. Just not as good, obviously.

I suspect more thought went into Jackson Pollock's paintings than go into Lambert's tactics before games...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 13:32 - Jun 29 with 2800 viewsmonty_radio

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:55 - Jun 29 by Ewan_Oozami

I suspect more thought went into Jackson Pollock's paintings than go into Lambert's tactics before games...

Perhaps a bit more Tony Hancock as in The Rebel:

places huge canvas on floor; chucks paint onto it; cycles over it. Then talks his way up via pseudo art-speak until experts decry finished product as rubbish.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 13:58 - Jun 29 with 2709 viewsKeno

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:55 - Jun 29 by Ewan_Oozami

less like a Pollock and more like a B0ll0ck

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 14:54 - Jun 29 with 2588 viewsDubtractor

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 12:19 - Jun 29 by Fixed_It

To be fair, given how crap we have been for almost 2 seasons under Lambert, I think people feel entitled to have a pop.

Particularly as after all that time we have no tactical identity of any sort.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 15:02 - Jun 29 with 2566 viewsBluefish

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 14:54 - Jun 29 by Dubtractor

To be fair, given how crap we have been for almost 2 seasons under Lambert, I think people feel entitled to have a pop.

Particularly as after all that time we have no tactical identity of any sort.

Fixed it and Something Blue have been in their tireless efforts to defend the indefensible. They remind me of the people Trump sticks out in front of the press, you can tell they dying inside but they feel they have to keep going.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 15:52 - Jun 29 with 2473 viewsBlueBadger

LOL 'if they'd been working on it all week'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 15:55 - Jun 29 with 2478 viewsRobTheMonk

We're stuck with him now for the forseeable future, especially with less funds to sack him.

I'm resigned to the fact that he's here now. The positive to come out of this is that at least the youngsters are going to get a good go of it. Dobra and Simpson to go crazy next season.
The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 18:10 - Jun 29 with 2326 viewspointofblue

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 15:55 - Jun 29 by RobTheMonk

We're stuck with him now for the forseeable future, especially with less funds to sack him.

I'm resigned to the fact that he's here now. The positive to come out of this is that at least the youngsters are going to get a good go of it. Dobra and Simpson to go crazy next season.

Like Lambert will play Dobra and Simpson...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 19:01 - Jun 29 with 2229 viewsBlueBadger

I think if we'd seen more good(as opposed to 'Improved') performances and less limp 'we're really having a go this time, honest' posturing with little to back it up on the pitch, people might be touch more forgiving of this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 19:20 - Jun 29 with 2181 viewsBlueNomad

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 11:08 - Jun 29 by Libero

FFS :')
I literally give more detailed instructions to my lads that play on Monday nights.

Brian Clough used to say something similar apparently
The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 19:28 - Jun 29 with 2163 viewsLibero

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 19:20 - Jun 29 by BlueNomad

Brian Clough used to say something similar apparently

You can't compare the era of Clough to that of the modern era.
The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 20:51 - Jun 29 with 2062 viewsBlueBadger

The extent of Paul Lambert's coaching summed up... on 18:10 - Jun 29 by pointofblue

Like Lambert will play Dobra and Simpson...

Sure he will. When supporters are allowed back into PR to see just how bad a job he's doing are turning on him and he decides he needs a PR boost ala Hurst and Dozzell.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024