Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? 12:20 - Jun 29 with 3682 viewsclive_baker

I think I'll pop in to my local for a couple of pints of bitter. I'll give it a few hours after opening though to give the pipes a chance. Sod having the first pint after lockdown in that place.

If you are, what'll be your poison?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:23 - Jun 29 with 2157 viewsFixed_It

Not a chance. Who on earth thought opening the pubs after 3 months lockdown on a Saturday would be a good idea?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:25 - Jun 29 with 2144 viewsSteve_M

Not next weekend. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes first. I'm certainly very keen for a pint in a nice pub but after three months another week or two won't hurt.

There is a strong possibility that Saturday might be like the last Friday before Christmas in some places.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:29 - Jun 29 with 2107 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:25 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

Not next weekend. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes first. I'm certainly very keen for a pint in a nice pub but after three months another week or two won't hurt.

There is a strong possibility that Saturday might be like the last Friday before Christmas in some places.

Both than and suspect a lot of places will be a bit of a shambles themselves at dealing with the new rules, can see long waits to actually get a pint!

Probably fine for a small local but I think I’ll be giving it a couple of weeks to calm down before giving in

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:29 - Jun 29 with 2108 viewsbluelagos

I will pop to the local (with a nice beer garden) If it is busy, will give it a miss. If not, will enjoy a couple of cold Aspalls cider :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:30 - Jun 29 with 2101 viewsWeekender

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:23 - Jun 29 by Fixed_It

Not a chance. Who on earth thought opening the pubs after 3 months lockdown on a Saturday would be a good idea?

Boris and Dom I imagine. For the 'Independence Day' headlines

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:45 - Jun 29 with 2054 viewsEastTownBlue

My local freehouse options won't be available as they have forty odd pages from the government to comply with before they can open in the current climate. Sadly that just leaves the 'spoons and a Greene King which I will avoid.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 12:50]
Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:46 - Jun 29 with 2042 viewsFixed_It

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:30 - Jun 29 by Weekender

Boris and Dom I imagine. For the 'Independence Day' headlines

Armageddon would be more appropriate.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:50 - Jun 29 with 2043 viewsMullet

My mate's fella runs a pub. He's a woman ring up and demand a table for 20. Then kick off when told she can't.

"I'll just get 4 or 5 tables under different names then and push them together, you can't stop us" was the thrust of the conversation.

He's had a 48 page risk assessment from the government and a load of new rules to implement. There is no way in hell I'll be joining those types of people in a boozer when the poor sods running it will have to jump through hoops just to try and get running again.

Once again the government are just chucking grenades out and letting others clear up the mess while they try and collect the plaudits and good will.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:53 - Jun 29 with 2021 viewsFixed_It

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:50 - Jun 29 by Mullet

My mate's fella runs a pub. He's a woman ring up and demand a table for 20. Then kick off when told she can't.

"I'll just get 4 or 5 tables under different names then and push them together, you can't stop us" was the thrust of the conversation.

He's had a 48 page risk assessment from the government and a load of new rules to implement. There is no way in hell I'll be joining those types of people in a boozer when the poor sods running it will have to jump through hoops just to try and get running again.

Once again the government are just chucking grenades out and letting others clear up the mess while they try and collect the plaudits and good will.

The pubs will be full of the people who flocked to Bournmouth beach last week. I'll pass thanks.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:53 - Jun 29 with 2018 viewsclive_baker

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:25 - Jun 29 by Steve_M

I think it depends largely on which pub / area. I've never seen my local busy at the best of times, and if it happens to be, I won't bother. I certainly won't be in a city centre bar any time soon.

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:11 - Jun 29 with 1945 viewshomer_123

Not a chance.

Really feel for publicans but have no desire to head down the pub anytime soon.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:11 - Jun 29 with 1948 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:53 - Jun 29 by Fixed_It

The pubs will be full of the people who flocked to Bournmouth beach last week. I'll pass thanks.

If youre a fair distance from Bournemouth you should be ok.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 13:11]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:13 - Jun 29 with 1932 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:50 - Jun 29 by Mullet

He should put their table for twenty in an outbuilding, preferably with no windows in it, lock and bolt them in, and walk away.

And if he could stream the cctv footage from inside, so much the better.

He could call the programme 'Improving The Gene Pool'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:14 - Jun 29 with 1926 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:23 - Jun 29 by Fixed_It

Quite. I wouldn't even if I could (pubs in Wales still shut for the foreseeable). It'll be like those crowded beach scenes all over again with added alcohol and stupidity on top.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:17 - Jun 29 with 1910 viewsfooters

This weekend will be carnage. I'll let the part-timers have their fill over this weekend and next, then maybe venture out to somewhere with a nice big beer garden once it's all calmed down.

Might get a takeaway pint from somewhere if there's anything like that going though.

And I do hope pubs with enough space could put on some live music too and support bands who haven't been able to make any money for the last few months.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:17 - Jun 29 with 1908 viewsJakeITFC

I would like to, but short of being able to book a table in a beer garden somewhere I don’t think it will work.

Expect Saturday to be carnage.
Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:23 - Jun 29 with 1894 viewsLibero

It's my Birthday weekend so I'm considering it, probably wouldn't be if I hadn't already had the virus tbh.

I've seen a few bits and bobs from local pubs saying the measures they're taking but not any actual dates as to when they're re-opening doors, so I guess it all depends on if any of the ones I frequent will be open!

Noticed the Gladdy put out a post saying they're aiming for early August so that's them out of the game immediately.
Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:28 - Jun 29 with 1862 viewsMullet

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:13 - Jun 29 by factual_blue

He should put their table for twenty in an outbuilding, preferably with no windows in it, lock and bolt them in, and walk away.

And if he could stream the cctv footage from inside, so much the better.

He could call the programme 'Improving The Gene Pool'.

They are the border of very posh and very rough so they get a weird mix and lots of odd events over the years.

I don't envy anyone in the pub game, especially after this. More and more people will go without for so long they just drop off.

Apparently you're not allowed to get up once sat down unless going to the toilet, it's going to be all table service for the time being there. Not sure how others will manage, but there seems little point if you can't move about and chat and stuff.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:29 - Jun 29 with 1843 viewsclive_baker

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:23 - Jun 29 by Libero

It's my Birthday weekend so I'm considering it, probably wouldn't be if I hadn't already had the virus tbh.

I've seen a few bits and bobs from local pubs saying the measures they're taking but not any actual dates as to when they're re-opening doors, so I guess it all depends on if any of the ones I frequent will be open!

Noticed the Gladdy put out a post saying they're aiming for early August so that's them out of the game immediately.

Is the Magpie still a pub?

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:36 - Jun 29 with 1811 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:28 - Jun 29 by Mullet

They are the border of very posh and very rough so they get a weird mix and lots of odd events over the years.

I don't envy anyone in the pub game, especially after this. More and more people will go without for so long they just drop off.

Apparently you're not allowed to get up once sat down unless going to the toilet, it's going to be all table service for the time being there. Not sure how others will manage, but there seems little point if you can't move about and chat and stuff.

My cousin was so relieved that, after thirty-odd years as a tenant, she retired last year. She reckons around half the pubs in Bury St Edmunds will fail (and she would have a pretty good idea how each of them was doing pre-lockdown)

She got a visit from John Wark, bearing a bottle of champers, and a year long pass to all the racecourses in the UK as a leaving present from GK.

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:41 - Jun 29 with 1781 viewsFixed_It

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:36 - Jun 29 by factual_blue

My cousin was so relieved that, after thirty-odd years as a tenant, she retired last year. She reckons around half the pubs in Bury St Edmunds will fail (and she would have a pretty good idea how each of them was doing pre-lockdown)

She got a visit from John Wark, bearing a bottle of champers, and a year long pass to all the racecourses in the UK as a leaving present from GK.

Was this year long pass to racecourses for 2020?

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:43 - Jun 29 with 1759 viewsLibero

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:29 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

Is the Magpie still a pub?

*shudders* yes.
Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:45 - Jun 29 with 1746 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:41 - Jun 29 by Fixed_It

Was this year long pass to racecourses for 2020?

Good point!

I'll have to ask her what's happened with that. It'll probably be extended at a guess. If it isn't, I'm sure GK will offer her a new one.

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:46 - Jun 29 with 1742 viewsvilanovablue

Living on the South Coast I'll be going nowhere near a pub for a while at least. May venture out on Monday to see if I can find somewhere for lunch as it'll be my birthday but only if we can sit outside and away from the town centre. Given the forecast for Saturday is also currently rubbish I hate to think how many people will be jammed inside... I feel very sorry for the landlords as everyone gets lashed up and social distancing goes out the window...
Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 13:48 - Jun 29 with 1733 viewsSteve_M

Anyone planning on frequenting a public house at the weekend? on 12:53 - Jun 29 by clive_baker

I think it depends largely on which pub / area. I've never seen my local busy at the best of times, and if it happens to be, I won't bother. I certainly won't be in a city centre bar any time soon.

Yes, I didn't get the impression you were off down to Wetherspoons.

I might be more inclined - selectively - in Ipswich but I suspect that the best ones near me will be rather busy given the number of people.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024