Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan 13:08 - Jun 29 with 1057 viewsSteve_M

It's one that's worth reading.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2020/jun/29/this-m

Also worth noting that the 400th edition of WSC is out now, it's particularly good with a number of articles reflecting on the changes to the game since the mid-80s.

The article above was in the previous edition.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 13:41 - Jun 29 with 964 viewsbluelagos

That's a tough read. Cheers for posting.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 13:49 - Jun 29 with 953 viewsSteve_M

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 13:41 - Jun 29 by bluelagos

That's a tough read. Cheers for posting.

Yes, you think you know where it's going and then you don't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 13:57 - Jun 29 with 946 viewsMullet

I tweeted my appreciation for that and it got back to the author which was lovely to see as it turned into a big thread of sharing, and praise for him.

It's a stunning bit of writing, really got me when I sat reading it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 16:18 - Jun 29 with 850 viewsronnyd

Wow, life is sh!t sometimes. All power to Liam Walsh for writing it and thanks Steve M for the posting.
This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 16:29 - Jun 29 with 829 viewsSwansea_Blue

A sobering yet strangely hopeful read at the same time. But any chance of something more uplifting?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 16:35 - Jun 29 with 820 viewsWeWereZombies

Poignant.

I think Don Rogers was in that Swindon side that won the League Cup, can't name any others.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 16:50 - Jun 29 with 786 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 16:29 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

A sobering yet strangely hopeful read at the same time. But any chance of something more uplifting?

Lee Norfolk-ing chance.

....ah, that thread was yesterday.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This from WSC is a brilliant encapsulation of the essence of being a fan on 21:33 - Jun 29 with 668 viewsBlueBadger

Brilliant stuff.
This is why WSC is STILL the most important sports publication out there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024