Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party 14:16 - Jun 29 with 4658 viewsGlasgowBlue

who have 21 days to respond. Excluding any leaks, this report will be made public at that time.

The ink isn't even dry on the report and already Labour's Director of Governance and Legal Affairs has stepped down.

I shall update as more comes out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 14:24 - Jun 29 with 2252 viewsStokieBlue

That picture really was a shocker although some didn't see it as an issue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 14:26 - Jun 29 with 2242 viewsSwansea_Blue

It'll be good to put that period to bed, with whatever appropriate follow-up and responses are needed obviously.

Thankfully it looks like the new guard has already learnt some lessons based on the events of the last week. Starmer speaks well on the issue here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 14:44 - Jun 29 with 2188 viewsGlasgowBlue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 14:26 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

It'll be good to put that period to bed, with whatever appropriate follow-up and responses are needed obviously.

Thankfully it looks like the new guard has already learnt some lessons based on the events of the last week. Starmer speaks well on the issue here.

Indeed. This Labour front bencher wouldn’t have dared speak out so strongly before SKS became leader.

Edit. It’s also worth noting that the EHRC aren’t carrying out a bit of internal housekeeping for Labour where they can accept some of their recommendations. The EHRC are a statutory body with the power of enforcement.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 14:48]

Iron Lion Zion

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:05 - Jun 29 with 2133 viewsBluefish

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 14:24 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

That picture really was a shocker although some didn't see it as an issue.

SB

I wonder what Darth Koont thought....actually no i don't

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:21 - Jun 29 with 2063 viewsDarth_Koont

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:05 - Jun 29 by Bluefish

You wouldn't like it. It would be a bit too nuanced for your taste.

Pronouns: He/Him

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:41 - Jun 29 with 2002 viewsStokieBlue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:21 - Jun 29 by Darth_Koont

You wouldn't like it. It would be a bit too nuanced for your taste.

There isn't much nuance in that specific picture though.

SB
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 15:41]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:42 - Jun 29 with 1993 viewsDarth_Koont

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:41 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

There isn't much nuance in that specific picture though.

SB
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 15:41]

The picture is horrible and antisemitic. We both agree on that.

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:47 - Jun 29 with 1965 viewsBlueBadger

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:05 - Jun 29 by Bluefish

Well, he couldn't see anything wrong with THIS:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/antisemitism-open-your-eye

So he probably thought that it was a marketingstunt for a new Sigorney Weaver film...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:54 - Jun 29 with 1927 viewsDarth_Koont

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 15:47 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

Well, he couldn't see anything wrong with THIS:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/antisemitism-open-your-eye

So he probably thought that it was a marketingstunt for a new Sigorney Weaver film...

Not as explicit antisemitism, no.

And you've rather shot your bolt on the Sigourney Weaver gag.

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:06 - Jun 29 with 1898 viewslowhouseblue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 14:44 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. This Labour front bencher wouldn’t have dared speak out so strongly before SKS became leader.

Edit. It’s also worth noting that the EHRC aren’t carrying out a bit of internal housekeeping for Labour where they can accept some of their recommendations. The EHRC are a statutory body with the power of enforcement.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 14:48]

however, there is a real risk that the findings will open the party up to legal claims which will bankrupt it. that wouldn't be at all good for uk politics.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:33 - Jun 29 with 1839 viewsSwansea_Blue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:06 - Jun 29 by lowhouseblue

however, there is a real risk that the findings will open the party up to legal claims which will bankrupt it. that wouldn't be at all good for uk politics.

I was wondering what the consequences might be. Presumably the EHRC can refer to the police/CPS if they think laws have been broken. I hadn't really thought about prosecutions; could they end up in that much trouble financially?

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:47 - Jun 29 with 1787 viewsFreddies_Ears

Sounds like this report might be published rather sooner than the one about Russian interference in UK politics. Strange, that.
The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:48 - Jun 29 with 1788 viewshampstead_blue

Many of those who blindly supported JC and his vile group will still find a few rocks left to throw at decency.

SKS and the Labour party had no choice but to scrape the fetid stench of JC's crowd out of the party.

I hope we are now looking at a better future for the left and that those who have been bullied and deselted can return with dignity.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:01 - Jun 29 with 1756 viewsBasuco

Is this the equality and human rights commission who gave a donation to the Conservative party? Then fail to investigate Conservative Islamophobia? Or am I mistaken?
The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:19 - Jun 29 with 1718 viewsGlasgowBlue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:01 - Jun 29 by Basuco

Is this the equality and human rights commission who gave a donation to the Conservative party? Then fail to investigate Conservative Islamophobia? Or am I mistaken?

You're mistaken. The Equality and Human Rights Commission did not give a donation to the Conservative party.

The EHRC have also given the Conservative Party the opportunity to sort out their Islamophobia issues in house before launching a statutory investigation. Just as they did with the Labour Party over antisemitism.

The threshold for evidence must be very high in order to start a statutory enquiry. There is a very good thread on this issue bellow, if you care to take the time to read it. The people who supplied a great deal of evidence to the EHRC regarding Labour's antisemitism issues have offered to help the Muslim Council of Great Britain do the same with Tory Islamophobia.

Very sad to see another poster try to discredit the EHRC in order to deflect institutional racism directed at British Jews in the Labour party over sustained period of time. Why are you doing this?

There is going to be a sustained attack on the credibility of the EHRC by people who have been apologists for antisemitism in the Labour party. For the sake of your own credibility, don't join this group.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 17:22]

Iron Lion Zion

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:22 - Jun 29 with 1691 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:48 - Jun 29 by hampstead_blue

Many of those who blindly supported JC and his vile group will still find a few rocks left to throw at decency.

SKS and the Labour party had no choice but to scrape the fetid stench of JC's crowd out of the party.

I hope we are now looking at a better future for the left and that those who have been bullied and deselted can return with dignity.

Go shoot some people...that really will cause a fetid stench.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:24 - Jun 29 with 1688 viewsBeckets

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:19 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

You're mistaken. The Equality and Human Rights Commission did not give a donation to the Conservative party.

The EHRC have also given the Conservative Party the opportunity to sort out their Islamophobia issues in house before launching a statutory investigation. Just as they did with the Labour Party over antisemitism.

The threshold for evidence must be very high in order to start a statutory enquiry. There is a very good thread on this issue bellow, if you care to take the time to read it. The people who supplied a great deal of evidence to the EHRC regarding Labour's antisemitism issues have offered to help the Muslim Council of Great Britain do the same with Tory Islamophobia.

Very sad to see another poster try to discredit the EHRC in order to deflect institutional racism directed at British Jews in the Labour party over sustained period of time. Why are you doing this?

There is going to be a sustained attack on the credibility of the EHRC by people who have been apologists for antisemitism in the Labour party. For the sake of your own credibility, don't join this group.

I suspect he is referring to Pavita Cooper, a member of the EHRC?
The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:28 - Jun 29 with 1669 viewsfooters

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:19 - Jun 29 by GlasgowBlue

The EHRC didn't, but its director did. Twice. Which is against their own impartiality rules. But of course you knew that.

And also funny to note that half of all 'evidence' supplied was by one person, who cites retweeting the word Blairite and sharing an article by a Jewish author despite not being Jewish as antisemitic acts.

This report isn't going to be the bombshell you hope. But maybe its publication will stop your endless droning on about it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:29 - Jun 29 with 1677 viewsSwansea_Blue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:01 - Jun 29 by Basuco

Close. It was a commissioner who failed to declare her previous fundraising for the Tories (MP and party donations) when she joined the EHRC, even though they should have been declared.

I've no idea if she's involved in this investigation against Labour or if it's of any other relevance to it though. I'd be surprised if there was a link. But factually, yes there is at least one issue of an EHRC commissioner not declaring donations.

The EHRC as an organisation is not known to have made any such donations (edit - not by me anyway!).
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 17:36]

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:31 - Jun 29 with 1665 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:24 - Jun 29 by Beckets

I suspect he is referring to Pavita Cooper, a member of the EHRC?

Hadn't heard of her til now but an interesting read....thanks.
https://www.newsweek.com/equalities-human-rights-commission-ehrc-pavita-cooper-r

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:33 - Jun 29 with 1657 viewslowhouseblue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:28 - Jun 29 by footers

The EHRC didn't, but its director did. Twice. Which is against their own impartiality rules. But of course you knew that.

And also funny to note that half of all 'evidence' supplied was by one person, who cites retweeting the word Blairite and sharing an article by a Jewish author despite not being Jewish as antisemitic acts.

This report isn't going to be the bombshell you hope. But maybe its publication will stop your endless droning on about it.

a commissioner not the director. the board of commissioners oversees governance they have no operational responsibility for the work of the ehrc. but it's good that you're getting your smears warmed up.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:35 - Jun 29 with 1637 viewsfooters

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:33 - Jun 29 by lowhouseblue

a commissioner not the director. the board of commissioners oversees governance they have no operational responsibility for the work of the ehrc. but it's good that you're getting your smears warmed up.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:36 - Jun 29 with 1634 viewslowhouseblue

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 16:33 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

I was wondering what the consequences might be. Presumably the EHRC can refer to the police/CPS if they think laws have been broken. I hadn't really thought about prosecutions; could they end up in that much trouble financially?

yep constructive dismissal claims linked to discrimination with unlimited compensation possible amongst other claims potentially, if they are found to have been institutionally racist.

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 18:50 - Jun 29 with 1460 viewsBasuco

Thanks for clearing it up, I was mistaken, no agenda or strong views either way on this.
The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 18:52 - Jun 29 with 1459 viewsBasuco

The EHRC has submitted it's findings to the Labour party on 17:29 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

Close. It was a commissioner who failed to declare her previous fundraising for the Tories (MP and party donations) when she joined the EHRC, even though they should have been declared.

I've no idea if she's involved in this investigation against Labour or if it's of any other relevance to it though. I'd be surprised if there was a link. But factually, yes there is at least one issue of an EHRC commissioner not declaring donations.

The EHRC as an organisation is not known to have made any such donations (edit - not by me anyway!).
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 17:36]

Thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024