Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northampton then 21:28 - Jun 29 with 3284 viewsgainsboroughblue

A sort of, but not really at all local derby. Only because they would feature on Look East.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Northampton then on 21:32 - Jun 29 with 3068 viewsbournemouthblue

A TV region derby

It's better than a trip to Exeter. As a side note, what's the largest winning margin in a play-off final? That must have been so disappointing as an Exeter fan

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Northampton then on 21:34 - Jun 29 with 3040 viewsgainsboroughblue

Northampton then on 21:32 - Jun 29 by bournemouthblue

A TV region derby

It's better than a trip to Exeter. As a side note, what's the largest winning margin in a play-off final? That must have been so disappointing as an Exeter fan

Preston beat Swindon 4-0 a few years ago. Can't think of a 5.

Talking of Preston, they've had the most appearances in Play-Offs since their inception.

Northampton then on 21:41 - Jun 29 with 3009 viewsbournemouthblue

Northampton then on 21:34 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Talking of Preston, they've had the most appearances in Play-Offs since their inception.

What's the total, we have 7 or 8 ourselves?

There can't be many clubs with more than that?

Northampton then on 21:48 - Jun 29 with 2986 viewsgainsboroughblue

Northampton then on 21:41 - Jun 29 by bournemouthblue

What's the total, we have 7 or 8 ourselves?

There can't be many clubs with more than that?

Preston have made 10, succeeding just the once. We have made 8, of which of course, four and then two consecutive.

Other teams I can think of that must have recorded a lot of appearances in the play-offs are Sheff Utd, Wolves, Brentford, Palace, Millwall.

Northampton then on 21:56 - Jun 29 with 2952 viewsbournemouthblue

Northampton then on 21:48 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Preston have made 10, succeeding just the once. We have made 8, of which of course, four and then two consecutive.

Other teams I can think of that must have recorded a lot of appearances in the play-offs are Sheff Utd, Wolves, Brentford, Palace, Millwall.

Palace have a pretty decent success rate

Sunderland must be another?

Derby must be totting them up now

Northampton then on 22:00 - Jun 29 with 2939 viewsgainsboroughblue

Northampton then on 21:56 - Jun 29 by bournemouthblue

Sunderland tend to get promoted automatically when they go up. I reckon they've made 4 or 5 appearances, including going up despite losing the final!

Northampton then on 22:05 - Jun 29 with 2922 viewsbournemouthblue

Northampton then on 22:00 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Sunderland tend to get promoted automatically when they go up. I reckon they've made 4 or 5 appearances, including going up despite losing the final!

Promoted despite losing, that's the kind of luck the Budgies would get!

Northampton then on 22:11 - Jun 29 with 2892 viewsgainsboroughblue

Northampton then on 22:05 - Jun 29 by bournemouthblue

Promoted despite losing, that's the kind of luck the Budgies would get!

Caused a stir as Newcastle, who finished third, believed they should have been the ones given the promotion place, not to mention Sheff Weds, who thought they should have been saved from relegation.

Login to get fewer ads

Northampton then on 22:27 - Jun 29 with 2845 viewsDinnernotTea

As we're in the middle of nowhere we have to have a buzz whenever a 2 hour away day comes up!

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Northampton then on 22:51 - Jun 29 with 2806 viewsrgp1

I noticed on football ground guide they give you 800 seats with possibility for another 423. I think if we are going to games when we play them then this one will be a priority letter jobby.
Northampton then on 01:59 - Jun 30 with 2661 viewsBLUEBEAT

Captain Fantastic will be excited and could well pave the way for a move back...

Poll: W or W

Northampton then on 09:15 - Jun 30 with 2423 viewsITFC_Forever

Northampton then on 21:56 - Jun 29 by bournemouthblue

Sunderland have never won a PO Final - they haven't won at Wembley since 1973.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Northampton then on 09:17 - Jun 30 with 2410 viewsLibero

Northampton then on 22:00 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Going up despite losing the final? There's a story I've not heard before, fill me in!
Northampton then on 10:11 - Jun 30 with 2340 viewsgainsboroughblue

Northampton then on 09:17 - Jun 30 by Libero

Going up despite losing the final? There's a story I've not heard before, fill me in!

1989-90. Swindon beat them in the play-off final. But then got done for illegal payments and Sunderland awarded promotion instead. Swindon were actually demoted to the third division, but 're-instated' to division two on appeal.

Northampton then on 10:16 - Jun 30 with 2326 viewsLibero

Northampton then on 10:11 - Jun 30 by gainsboroughblue

1989-90. Swindon beat them in the play-off final. But then got done for illegal payments and Sunderland awarded promotion instead. Swindon were actually demoted to the third division, but 're-instated' to division two on appeal.

Bloody hell, cracking effort, that.

I'm going to have to do some reading, I was born in '88 so was unaware.
Northampton then on 10:36 - Jun 30 with 2301 viewsWickets

Northampton then on 10:11 - Jun 30 by gainsboroughblue

Well remembered , when you made your first comment it took me a while to get there but i did !
Darkness on the edge of town on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 2230 viewsRadlett_blue

Northampton then on 22:51 - Jun 29 by rgp1

I noticed on football ground guide they give you 800 seats with possibility for another 423. I think if we are going to games when we play them then this one will be a priority letter jobby.

I have never been to Northampton, let alone Sixfields Stadium, but sadly it's another Subutteo stadium in the middle of a leisure park on the outskirts of the town. The usual collection of sports bars & fast food outlets nearby, but no real pubs. Well, at least it's a more viable trip than Exeter. We haven't played them in the League for over 50 years.
The property developers who allegedly "misappropriated" £10m which the local council had given to the club to finish the redevelopment of the new ground also approached my local tennis club with a redevelopment scheme a few years ago, but they were quickly kicked into touch after we found out the directors had a trail of bankruptcies behind them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Northampton then on 13:22 - Jun 30 with 2160 viewsitfc_bucks

Northampton then on 21:34 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Bournemouth tonked Lincoln 5-2 in the League 2/Div3 at the Millennium Stadium.

Was obviously a while back, now, mind...
Darkness on the edge of town on 22:51 - Jun 30 with 2051 viewsrgp1

Darkness on the edge of town on 12:19 - Jun 30 by Radlett_blue

I have never been to Northampton, let alone Sixfields Stadium, but sadly it's another Subutteo stadium in the middle of a leisure park on the outskirts of the town. The usual collection of sports bars & fast food outlets nearby, but no real pubs. Well, at least it's a more viable trip than Exeter. We haven't played them in the League for over 50 years.
The property developers who allegedly "misappropriated" £10m which the local council had given to the club to finish the redevelopment of the new ground also approached my local tennis club with a redevelopment scheme a few years ago, but they were quickly kicked into touch after we found out the directors had a trail of bankruptcies behind them.

I went to old county ground at Northampton when we played them in the littlewoods cup in 1987. A 4 -2 win after extra time and we couldn't see part of the pitch because of the terracing stuck in the corner of the ground, and a rope down one side of the pitch because of the cricket square! A mich davray double and a goal from graham Harbey!
Darkness on the edge of town on 22:52 - Jun 30 with 2046 viewsrgp1

Darkness on the edge of town on 12:19 - Jun 30 by Radlett_blue

And because of that cock up didn't they end up with a half finished stand?
Northampton then on 23:01 - Jun 30 with 2036 viewsjeera

Hour and a half by road.

A hike and a half by train.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Northampton then on 00:02 - Jul 1 with 2007 viewsPhilTWTD

Northampton then on 23:01 - Jun 30 by jeera

Hour and a half by road.

A hike and a half by train.

Northampton then on 00:37 - Jul 1 with 1968 viewsjeera

Northampton then on 00:02 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Ha ha. What the heck have I just heard?

How could anyone even know that exists?!

That's from your time on Radio Suffolk I guess.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Northampton then on 03:39 - Jul 1 with 1911 viewsArnieM

Thank God it’s Northampton and not Exeter. Travelling down to all but Cornwall is a joke snd very costly. I think the Club s as bd team will br very happy it’s as loc as lmClub yo us that’s got promoted .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Northampton then on 07:02 - Jul 1 with 1863 viewsITFC_Forever

Northampton then on 03:39 - Jul 1 by ArnieM

Thank God it’s Northampton and not Exeter. Travelling down to all but Cornwall is a joke snd very costly. I think the Club s as bd team will br very happy it’s as loc as lmClub yo us that’s got promoted .

Got some news for you.... Plymouth got promoted. And they are the best part of another hour further past Exeter and nearer Cornwall.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024