Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player 10:04 - Jun 30 with 1326 viewsmonty_radio

Why did I not know that?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53132194/page/2

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:08 - Jun 30 with 1069 viewsJamestownPrince

31 World Cup and Multiple Ballon D'or players !!
Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:14 - Jun 30 with 1059 viewsSwansea_Blue

It says there that he played for Borussia Dortmund. Who'd have known, eh? You'd have thought he'd have mentioned it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:18 - Jun 30 with 1049 viewsfooters

The footballing equivalent of Black Lace's 32nd greatest song.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:20 - Jun 30 with 1040 viewsdominiciawful

It's no normal.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:20 - Jun 30 with 1025 viewsCoco

Have i missed something but how is John Wark not in the top 5 of that list let alone in it at all?!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:27 - Jun 30 with 1033 viewsfactual_blue

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:18 - Jun 30 by footers

The footballing equivalent of Black Lace's 32nd greatest song.

Or the footballing equivalent of battenberg.

Although 32nd best cake overstates battenberg's ranking by several hundred places.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:29 - Jun 30 with 1028 viewsfooters

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:27 - Jun 30 by factual_blue

Or the footballing equivalent of battenberg.

Although 32nd best cake overstates battenberg's ranking by several hundred places.

I'd place both yellow and urinal above battenberk in the cake stakes.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:11 - Jun 30 with 990 viewsgainsboroughblue

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:20 - Jun 30 by Coco

Have i missed something but how is John Wark not in the top 5 of that list let alone in it at all?!

Just been through the list. I'd have put Warky ahead of at least half of them. Unreal.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:28 - Jun 30 with 968 viewsGeoffSentence

Those 50 players must be really fwcking good if Warky is not among them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:36 - Jun 30 with 955 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well spotted. Although you lose a brownie point for being bored enough to trawl through a list of Scotland's 'greatest' players!

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:37 - Jun 30 with 943 viewsgainsboroughblue

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:36 - Jun 30 by Swansea_Blue

Well spotted. Although you lose a brownie point for being bored enough to trawl through a list of Scotland's 'greatest' players!

Good job he did or this scandal would have gone unnoticed.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:37 - Jun 30 with 943 viewsmonty_radio

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:11 - Jun 30 by gainsboroughblue

Just been through the list. I'd have put Warky ahead of at least half of them. Unreal.

Burley would surely have been there if McGrain hadn't been so good.

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:39 - Jun 30 with 938 viewsOldsmoker

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 10:14 - Jun 30 by Swansea_Blue

It says there that he played for Borussia Dortmund. Who'd have known, eh? You'd have thought he'd have mentioned it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:43 - Jun 30 with 924 viewsPendejo

I haven't looked at the full list of their respective careers... But it occurred to me that it may be of players who actually played professionally in Scotland, Wark didn't start his career in lower league football.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:56 - Jun 30 with 889 viewsmonty_radio

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:43 - Jun 30 by Pendejo

I haven't looked at the full list of their respective careers... But it occurred to me that it may be of players who actually played professionally in Scotland, Wark didn't start his career in lower league football.

Ha, Ha!

Sorry to let facts ruin a good joke, but Bremner never played in Scottish football.

I see that Paul Lambert was beaten into 28th place by the impassable Craig Gordon.

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 12:00 - Jun 30 with 884 viewsLibero

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:43 - Jun 30 by Pendejo

Here's another question built off the back of your question,

How did Wark only play for his country 29 times?!
Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 12:13 - Jun 30 with 855 viewsPendejo

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:56 - Jun 30 by monty_radio

Ha, Ha!

Sorry to let facts ruin a good joke, but Bremner never played in Scottish football.

I see that Paul Lambert was beaten into 28th place by the impassable Craig Gordon.

I refer you back to my first sentence... Also I see I replied to ok rather than first mention of Wark.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 12:23 - Jun 30 with 840 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 11:39 - Jun 30 by Oldsmoker

I knew you'd be shocked

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:22 - Jun 30 with 787 viewsEnigma_Blue

Absolute madness.

Also does anyone know why Alan Hansen only won 26 caps for Scotland? He is regularly touted as one of the best defenders to have ever played for Liverpool.
Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:23 - Jun 30 with 786 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 12:00 - Jun 30 by Libero

Here's another question built off the back of your question,

How did Wark only play for his country 29 times?!

Graeme Souness.
Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:28 - Jun 30 with 776 viewsEnigma_Blue

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:23 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

Graeme Souness.

Surely there could have been room for both of them to play in centre midfield together?
Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:30 - Jun 30 with 773 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:28 - Jun 30 by Enigma_Blue

Surely there could have been room for both of them to play in centre midfield together?

Warky only played on the right of midfield due to Souness

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:32 - Jun 30 with 769 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:28 - Jun 30 by Enigma_Blue

From Warky's best Town/Liverpool XI, talking about Souness: "The complete midfielder, he had everything. He’d score goals, create goals, had a great passing range, could do the ugly side of the game, could be very, very mean. I won 29 caps for Scotland and for 28 of those I had to play on the right of midfield because Souness was in my position in the middle."

My Best Town and Liverpool XI: John Wark 4th May 2020 09:59
In part 29 of the series, Kieron Dyer catches up with Blues legend John Wark, who selects the best XI from his spells with Town and Liverpool before Dyer runs the rule over his team. 17

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:38 - Jun 30 with 743 viewsBluefish

32nd best player for Scotland and 1st worst manager for Ipswich

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:39 - Jun 30 with 744 viewsEnigma_Blue

Paul Lambert Scotland's 32nd greatest player on 13:32 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

From Warky's best Town/Liverpool XI, talking about Souness: "The complete midfielder, he had everything. He’d score goals, create goals, had a great passing range, could do the ugly side of the game, could be very, very mean. I won 29 caps for Scotland and for 28 of those I had to play on the right of midfield because Souness was in my position in the middle."

My Best Town and Liverpool XI: John Wark 4th May 2020 09:59
In part 29 of the series, Kieron Dyer catches up with Blues legend John Wark, who selects the best XI from his spells with Town and Liverpool before Dyer runs the rule over his team. 17

Who played in midfield for Scotland along side Souness for the majority of his caps? They must have been very good to keep Wark out. Even though they were similar players, considering how good they both were in their prime surely they could have played centre midfield together or did Scotland play a 433 formation during Souness' time?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 13:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024