Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Typically lazy Adidas effort 14:13 - Jun 30 with 2696 viewsIllinoisblue

And a ridiculously overblown voiceover on the video reveal

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:18 - Jun 30 with 2070 viewsuefacup81

With all due respect, what did you expect them to produce for a team in the third tier of English football?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:20 - Jun 30 with 2046 viewsgainsboroughblue

Blue shorts. Blue bloody shorts.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:20 - Jun 30 with 2050 viewsLankHenners

Mentioned it in another thread but those over-dramatic, faux-blockbuster-movie-trailer stuff clubs do really make me cringe. Even more so when you hear 'Jackson, Skuse, Holy, Chambers' etc. mentioned alongside genuine legends.

Don't want to be too mean as someone's had to sit down and put all that together so don't want to unpick their work but I think less is more when it comes to kit reveals.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:20 - Jun 30 with 2027 viewsfooters

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:18 - Jun 30 by uefacup81

With all due respect, what did you expect them to produce for a team in the third tier of English football?

I'd have made it out of sackcloth and made Lambert wear it too.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:21 - Jun 30 with 2029 viewsIllinoisblue

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:18 - Jun 30 by uefacup81

Well, if they were going the retro route how about making a kit that actually looked like the 81 kit?

62 - 78 - 81

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:22 - Jun 30 with 2004 viewsIllinoisblue

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:20 - Jun 30 by gainsboroughblue

It’s criminal

62 - 78 - 81

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:22 - Jun 30 with 1982 viewsBluefish

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:20 - Jun 30 by LankHenners

Mentioned it in another thread but those over-dramatic, faux-blockbuster-movie-trailer stuff clubs do really make me cringe. Even more so when you hear 'Jackson, Skuse, Holy, Chambers' etc. mentioned alongside genuine legends.

Don't want to be too mean as someone's had to sit down and put all that together so don't want to unpick their work but I think less is more when it comes to kit reveals.

I know but wait until Mach hears it, this is going to be so much fun

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:23 - Jun 30 with 1983 viewsIllinoisblue

The lionhearted leaders bit made me recoil in horror

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:24 - Jun 30 with 1963 viewsReusersTown

There's no effort from adidas, it's a template. As has been said for the 1000th time. Would have preferred it if we managed to choose something a little closer to replicating the kit than that effort though. Is about as bland as it could get.
Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:31 - Jun 30 with 1910 viewsuefacup81

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:24 - Jun 30 by ReusersTown

There's no effort from adidas, it's a template. As has been said for the 1000th time. Would have preferred it if we managed to choose something a little closer to replicating the kit than that effort though. Is about as bland as it could get.

Given that this is the 80/81 kit:

Just what else could have been done to replicate it other than the trefoil logo, which Adidas don't use on football kits at the moment.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:33 - Jun 30 with 1890 viewssparks

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:24 - Jun 30 by ReusersTown

Thats crap.

Looks like a bog standard European team (or perhaps chelsea).

Could one of dozens of teams from elsewhere in Europe with bog standard addidas templates.

Such a shame- when the club could actually be taking a lead on this stuff. Bring back Punch!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:33 - Jun 30 with 1884 viewsGarv

100%. I'm a little bit in shock over how much I hate that video.

The kit itself couldn't be much more plain.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:35 - Jun 30 with 1862 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It is this years kit with a yellow badge innit ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:46 - Jun 30 with 1814 viewsPhilTWTD

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:31 - Jun 30 by uefacup81

Given that this is the 80/81 kit:

Just what else could have been done to replicate it other than the trefoil logo, which Adidas don't use on football kits at the moment.

Agree, think it's very similar, particularly with the old badge. Think there seems to be a mistaken view that the 81 kit had pin stripes, which wasn't the case. They came in the following season.
Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:49 - Jun 30 with 1773 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:46 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

Agree, think it's very similar, particularly with the old badge. Think there seems to be a mistaken view that the 81 kit had pin stripes, which wasn't the case. They came in the following season.

They should have let us have the old badge, damn you Adidas.

I mean it Is a good kit. Nothing more and nothing less

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:52 - Jun 30 with 1754 viewsLibero

I actually like the blue shorts and although I wasn't crazy about the idea of reverting the badge it looks okay. I just can't get on board with how lazy the shirt actually is.

Either go the whole hog and make it identical or do something inspired by and new, this just comes across like this was the closest Adidas would let them come to an originals type product like the '81 shirt.
Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:53 - Jun 30 with 1748 viewsLibero

I haven't watched the video but that sounds hilariously bad.
Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:54 - Jun 30 with 1750 viewsPhilTWTD

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:49 - Jun 30 by TRUE_BLUE123

They should have let us have the old badge, damn you Adidas.

I mean it Is a good kit. Nothing more and nothing less

I like its simplicity and that it's like the kits I wore as a kid.

#canjustaboutrememberthatfarback
Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:54 - Jun 30 with 1743 viewsFtnfwest

that's what i thought, shirt would be fantastic with white shorts. Oh well at least it's not the swimsuit we had a couple of years back
Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:54 - Jun 30 with 1742 viewsLankHenners

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:23 - Jun 30 by Illinoisblue

The lionhearted leaders bit made me recoil in horror

They all have this weird style of writing/speaking that over-emphasises everything with grand adjectives and superfluousness to the extent that it actually detracts from the point they're trying to make. Like a lower year english language high school student doing an exercise to expand their vocabulary.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:59 - Jun 30 with 1699 viewsCoco

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:52 - Jun 30 by Libero

I actually like the blue shorts and although I wasn't crazy about the idea of reverting the badge it looks okay. I just can't get on board with how lazy the shirt actually is.

Either go the whole hog and make it identical or do something inspired by and new, this just comes across like this was the closest Adidas would let them come to an originals type product like the '81 shirt.

It's the simplicity that i like. Blue (the correct blue) and white.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 15:02 - Jun 30 with 1694 viewsfactual_blue

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:54 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

Is that you with the cap?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 15:04 - Jun 30 with 1674 viewsPhilTWTD

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 15:02 - Jun 30 by factual_blue

Is that you with the cap?

No, I'm second from the left at the front in this, though.

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 15:10 - Jun 30 with 1642 viewsBlueBadger

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:22 - Jun 30 by Bluefish

I know but wait until Mach hears it, this is going to be so much fun

I'll give you evens that he says something like 'I BET YOU AGREE THAT SKUSE IS AS GOOD AS WARKY YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH YOU WANT TO MARRY HIM GOD I MISS ROY KEANE' or something very similar.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 15:23 - Jun 30 with 1566 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Typically lazy Adidas effort on 14:54 - Jun 30 by PhilTWTD

Agree, it looks the business. Smart and the blue shorts are fine for a season. The key to a great football kit is to keep it simple, apart from Holland 1988 and Nigeria 2018.

The video is also great, I don't understand the crying on here about it or the kit. The club has put in a lot of effort and it brings back great memories.

Also the old badge once again proves it is a classic and should be brought back for good.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024